This is still being worked upon. I hope to have more details in the next couple months.
Please know the team is actively working on this feature.
We are still considering this feature for future releases, and will continue to update the status when it changes.
Thanks to everyone who volunteered for testing the Office 365 group calendar. The TAP team will be reaching out as we are closer to being ready.
3 votespatrick shared this idea ·
We’re currently working on defining a compact mode experience. I will post more details when we have more to share.
Totally Agree ! I am moving from slack and G suit. The experience is much more fluid and compact on G suit and Slack, with less friction.
The whole integration of microsoft office 365 suit just half baked and inconsistent. Never had such a steep learning curve, and mutiple that by my 100 employee, i am really second guessing my decision to make that switch in coming month.
1. If i want to download a file on Slack i click on it and it start downloading automatically.
On Microsoft i have to click on that 3 dots, scroll down the hidden menu and click download. ( When you can have a download button beside the file that show up when you hover over it like slack did.
2. Sharing file - I can drag the file into the whole chat box on slack, in team i have to aim that little text box, wait for it to upload finish if not i cant text anymore. if it is a big file i have to wait a few min to start texting again. On slack it just Work, the file will keep uploading in the back ground and i can still continue texting.
3. File uploading is inconsistent, in chat i have to aim at the chat box, in file and sharepoint tab i can drag drop.
4. Lack of Permission control when uploading to share point tab from Team.
This is important, Since everyone in my company use microsoft team to share file.
Currently what ever that is uploading to sharepoint to team are viewable and editable to all people both internal and external. Now i have to click open share point in team and upload my file there and set permission, is really not FLUID.
My team had spend so much time trying to figure out how these whole suite work together and realise the file permission are broken.
We have to juggle different type of file sharing and remembering the way you share your file will result in different outcome.
For File tab it is sharable and viewable for everyone.
For the team integrated share-point file tab, all the file uploaded through team is viewable and editable for everyone.
If we want to control permission we have to click on that open in share point and go upload the file there, and set permission. or log into our one drive and upload the file there and set permission.
Please fix this broken implementation and implement better permission control for, Team File, Team Share point Tab, Share point and One drive.
if Microsoft Team was to be the single connection point for people, as of now my whole team is confused as hell.
Currently, i have to police my team and policy them on that. Still the company sensitive information flown around in team at ease no matter they have permission or not, or is a guest. This is a huge security flaw for us.
4. And what is the point of Hide and Show Channel on Microsoft Team?
5. Team meeting only show Monthly agenda, when i have meeting booked months in advance. I have to go open my outlook or calendar to go check that, and jump back into team, this is really inconsistent and fluid just in Microsoft own app.
6. also with the new slack update, team just feel slow and Clunky.
7. Office 365 is probably the most inconsistent suit of software i have ever use. With the whole friction between team and share point and one drive it just brought it to whole new level. Is totally different from the seamless vision always shown in Microsoft mechanic, having to dig through menu and check up on what different button mean and do. The core of the product are good but the ingeration across are inconsistent and not fluid.
Please bring in all the UI and Ux and Product designer and management team together and make it into a Fluid product. and More consistent file permission control, that my most important feature.
Performance has been and continues to be a big focus area for Teams. One main area we have made improvements in is responsiveness for the most frequent user actions of switching between Chat, Channel, and Activity. We are also focused on reducing resource consumption and application load time. More improvements are on the way.
The feature team is still reviewing, there is lots of discussion about this item and I hope to have a decision soon.
As stated in the last update, the ability to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time is being implemented in stages for Desktop. Faster tenant switching functionality on the Windows client has been rolled out to the public ring fully, and Mac will begin rolling out soon. Work is in progress on cross-tenant notification improvements, and support for multiple accounts on desktop will follow. We’ll keep you posted!
Note: The ability to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time is supported on iOS & Android today.
Alex & the Teams team