We are working on this feature, and will update again as we get closer to releasing.
Request to have this feature. It reasonable to let user to see who has joined the meeting or who has dialed into the meeting). Sometimes it is not easy to check the attendance if there are many people joined the meeting or all are seeing the screen.
Let the user checks the meeting history is must have.
We are exploring the best way to ensure users receive the latest improvements to Teams while providing admins with more manageability.
It would be good to let IT Admin control a bit of updates. There is one scenario that make us frustrate:
We have a common computer in our meeting room. Our users will login with their own account and use it for Teams meeting. Sometimes if the user doesn't use the computer for a period of time. When the user signs in, he/she need to wait the Teams app to get updated, it can take a long time unless the user manually download it from MS website and install again.
I’m happy to share that the team has started exploring designs for this feature.
There are two parts to this topic:
1) Bypass the lobby for PSTN: The ability for admins and organizers to be able to specify a meeting option to bypass the PSTN lobby independently of the VoIP lobby — This is supported in the public ring now.
2) Admit from lobby for PSTN: Organizer having ability to admit PSTN attendees from the lobby, when the organizer has joined via PSTN with a PIN. – This is on the backlog. Please note: by choosing the meeting option to bypass the PSTN lobby, your attendees will join.
The following scenario doesn't work even we set "Everyone" bypass the lobby:
1. Meeting host send out Teams meeting invite to external people (anonymous)
2. External people joins the meeting as a guest by using TEAMS APP
3. Meeting host then dial in to the meeting via PSTN.
3. The system NEVER ASK for the PIN code, as a result all people stuck at the lobby.
It is partially works under the following settings
- Let anonymous people to start a meeting: OFF
- Automatically admit people: EVERYONE
- Allow dial-in users to bypass the lobby: ON
See the scenarios I have tested in the attached file. The last scenario doesn't work as expected.
Another scenario that doesn't work as expected:
TEAMS MEETING POLICY:
- AllowAnonymousUsersToStartMeeting : False
- AutoAdmittedUsers : Everyone
- AllowPSTNUsersToBypassLobby : True
REPRODUCE THE ISSUE:
(1) Scheduled a Teams meeting in either Outlook or Teams
(2) The first anonymous join the meeting via Teams app or web browsers as a guest. He will be put in lobby <- Expected
(3) Then, second anonymous join the meeting via PSTN. However the caller never be prompted for inputting the PIN code. The caller is directly be placed in the lobby. If the caller is the meeting host, then the meeting cannot be started <- Unexpected
We need to keep the lobby function because we don't want the meeting starts without the host.
Audio conferencing in Teams doesn't work if all participants are dialing in by PSTN. Obviously this is not a feature request, this is a bug. Please provide an update of this.
We are happy to share that this is in testing, and expected to release in the next quarter.
Need this configure. Although there is a workaround by configure the setting in S4B app, it eventually fix the flickering issues in Teams. But we already uninstalled S4B for all users!! Camera app is not included in our Windows images!! So there is no ways for us to change it to 50Hz.
This item is still being reviewed by the feature team.
A fix for this is being worked on. We hope to have a fix in internal Microsoft rings soon for testing. I don’t have a timeline for release externally at this point, but will keep you posted.
Good news! This is in the works.
The presence status shows correctly only when we re-launch the Outlook. If someone change the presence status in Teams. THe outlook contact card still shows the previously status until we restart the Outlook.
It has to be fixed.
Anyway to apply "Register Teams as the chat app for Office" to all users? This is crucial during the move from SfB to Teams.
I have switched on the "Register Teams as the chat app for Office". In Outlook, when I click "Reply All with IM" button of an email thread. The Teams app show up and focus in the chat box with the sender. But the chat box doesn't include those people in the cc list. (So that is not "reply all").
Another than that, all seems good.
I can see "Register Teams as the chat app for Office" in settings page of Teams desktop. My teams version is 1.1.00.28562 (64 bit). It was last updated on 30/10/2018.
Agree with Morten, it would be great to have it in the admin portal so we can set this as default for all users.
This is required before we remove SfB and keep Teams only.
I am using Teams - Wiki to share my user guideline and some of these are animated Gif. The Gif only once after I upload! We want the Gif can be play with loop.
This feature remains on the backlog at this point. We will update when we have more details to share.
This is required for our organisation as we need to open the PDF with Acrobat or Foxit or other PDF editor to edit and annotate the PDF file. It will be great if we can right click the PDF file in Teams with "Open with..." options.
As stated in the last update, the ability to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time is being implemented in stages for Desktop. Faster tenant switching functionality on the Windows client has been rolled out to the public ring fully, and Mac will begin rolling out soon. Work is in progress on cross-tenant notification improvements, and support for multiple accounts on desktop will follow. We’ll keep you posted!
Note: The ability to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time is supported on iOS & Android today.
Alex & the Teams team
Multi-window chat is in testing. I hope to have great news regarding rollout to the public rings soon.
We are working to ensure that multi-window and other future multi-window experiences are of the highest quality when they release.