The team has updated the default sound for Teams notifications so it is more noticeable. We are in final testing, with a goal to release the new sound by the end of this quarter.
I've seen this a few different ways but overall notification control could be improved. The following features would earn major points from me:
- allow me to change notification settings for calls, teams, group chats, private chats individually
- allow me to change the notification sound for these different categories
- allow me to change banner behavior
Those 3 would be great. right now I miss so many messages because the sound isn't loud enough to overcome the volume of other things (namely music) on my computer (I'm on mac). Of course I check my messages from time to time but 5 minutes of me being unresponsive in an emergency can be dangerous.
Creating common @ mention macros would be a great help. @here and @all serve a very particular purpose vs @Team or @channel. @here would message all available users in the channel whereas @all would surpass status and notify all members regardless of availability. This is good for when members sign off for the day but don't need to be pinged about lunch coming into the office or something.
Furthermore a custom @mention system i.e., @tier2 would be able to notify all people labeled under the "tier2" label and could be set to ignore presence as well. So that you can have a collaborative team with multiple groups that can be pinged from one mention.
HipChat has the former functionality natively and there are a good number of plugins that allow the latter. It's immensely useful especially in support focused teams.
Adding email as a left tab panel remains under review. We are working on adding several Teams and email integrations:
- Share to Teams: Share a copy of an email and any attachments into a chat or channel directly from Outlook
- Share to Outlook: Share a copy of a channel or chat conversation via email directly from Teams
- Actionable Teams Activity Emails: Teams missed activity emails display the latest replies and allow you to reply directly from Outlook
See this post for more information:
Have a personal Channel for each user/allow messages to oneself. All major enterprise chat systems allow this and makes it much easier to access files, test features without bugging other users, etc
Furthermore, HipChat uses S3 buckets to store files uploaded that are publicly accessible. This is a bit of a double edged sword, since it's insecure putting it lightly, but it's a great method for uploading small files to a server because you get a link to the file once you send it to yourself and wget can retrieve that link.
4 votesRyan shared this idea ·