Due to prioritization of other work-items this has been moved to the backlog. We will update when it is being actively worked on again.
My vote for this feature. Since "private channels" within a team yet not is a supported feature, we need to establish different "sub-teams" with sub-groups of users that really belong to a bigger team. I hope this feature gets rolled out with support for "private channels", so that we efficiently can merge conversations and files belonging to the temporary "sub-teams" into the "mother-teams" :D
We acknowledge the customer demand for Private Channels and have been hard at work on it. Private Channels is currently in preview with a select group of customers. We expect to release the feature to the public later this Fall, and will update here when we are starting to roll out to all customers. We appreciate all the feedback you have provided to us on this forum and thank you for your patience.
Heya, and welcome back 😊
I would really appreciate this feature updated for MS Teams.
Here are some thoughts on functionality I would appreciate:
- Members in each private Team should be able to join/leave both team and channels, based on two methods:
- based on Team-admins (and global admin ofc) invite or «add member» feature
- based on membership in dynamic security groups
- The visibility of private channels should be possible to turn on/off by the Team-admins
- The SharePoint accessability following the channel should follow the channel-membership
We would really appreciate making this feature as soon as possible. In our organization this would save us A LOT of cost connected to specific SharePoint-development, Private channels would solve most of our challenges regarding deployment and management-issues.
Thumbs up for delivering this feature as fast as possible, at least setting a definite date for implementation.