Adding email as a left tab panel remains under review. We are working on adding several Teams and email integrations:
- Share to Teams: Share a copy of an email and any attachments into a chat or channel directly from Outlook
- Share to Outlook: Share a copy of a channel or chat conversation via email directly from Teams
- Actionable Teams Activity Emails: Teams missed activity emails display the latest replies and allow you to reply directly from Outlook
See this post for more information:
This is working today in the web client on Edge & Chrome. The team is actively investigating feasibility in the desktop client.
if you have an existing post that you want to show in a different channel, you can edit the message and cross-post. This will add the top-level post to the different channel, but will not include the full set of replies. We will keep this request in mind as we evolve the cross-posting feature in the future and update if the status changes.
Details on cross posting can be found here: https://support.office.com/article/cross-post-a-channel-conversation-in-teams-9c1252a3-67ef-498e-a7c1-dd7147b3d295.
Great performance and user experience remain a topmost priority for us. Application launch time has seen improvements in the recent build. We will continue making improvements across the product including channel to chat switching and overall resource consumption.
This feature item is still in the works. We will keep you posted as we have new info from the feature team.
This item remains on the backlog.
I’m happy to share that the team has started exploring designs for this feature.
We are working on a design with more density in mind. Until this design is solidified we are putting this item back to Under Review.
Density. However, two things:
1. How you define compact as being "more about a reduction in overall size which is most beneficial to smaller screens and mobile devices." I disagree with this. Compact is most beneficial to anyone who would like more screen real-estate. Not just smaller screens and mobile devices.
2. Give us the view option in the application. Why use a one size fits all model. That just seems lazy and dated.
Please stop the 'one size fits all' BS. Your audience isn't 12. This is (supposed to be) a professional tool. Just give us options to choose from like any good personalizable UI. Seems like you're wasting development energy and time trying to satisfy everyone with a single UI density.
If you're going to be replacing SFB, you absolutely need to have a contact list option/view. Really helps to see peoples current availability along with not having to remember everyone's name in a large org.