An error occurred while saving the commentJason commented
Too many people are hating this new, forced tech change, and it has been an absolute disaster. We will not sit idly by on this any longer. We cannot be in the business of making technology changes that cause stress on people without thinking through these things fully—and without field support and approval.
- We DO NOT want the voice breakout sessions forced on us.
- This causes undo stress, keeps many sessions and voice sessions open without our knowledge.
- We have to toggle between many open windows and it is absolutely difficult to find our main TEAMS chat window so we can do our work.
- I have personally spoke on a call that I did not know I was on…and was asked why I was still on this call. To my embarrassment, I did not know…other than I had minimized the window while trying to go to the main Teams Chat. This is NOT a good thing
- We want the option to keep voice chats within the main TEAMS chat app so we can fluidly traverse TEAMS searches, chats, meeting notes, and other apps without having to traverse different voice windows. We simply want the option to do breakouts or keep the voice chat in the same main TEAMS Chat App.
- The TEAMS WEB is NOT an option that we will use as primary. We have the application installed on our PC’s, and that’s the way we will continue to use it. The Web Client is there if we want to use it, but it will not be our primary method for conversation and chat.
- Further, all of our teams are virtual. This means we have differing monitor setups, speakers, microphones etc of all types along with having to use our laptops just in their bare form…Many different ways we do business. To have our conversations and chats within ONE TEAMS Chat app is hugely important so as not to create dysfunctional desktops that add to our already complex and difficult environments we operate in. Before you forced this change on us, we enjoyed smooth and easy to manage conversations within the main TEAMS Chat client, could do searches while conversation is minimized to a corner and easily traversed the app with no issues…this helped us to stay extremely efficient. Forcing us into breakouts have only caused undo stress and difficulty. It is not good.
We will continue to fight to have this option…and will continue adding more people as necessary. We cannot afford to go backwards in technology. Please help us address this situation as it’s just simply not a fun way to do business.