This is even more important since the december update of Teams. When one searches for a team it will open the General Channel. From there it is no longer possible to easily navigate back to the parent team. Since there is also no focus on the selected team in the left panel it is hard to access (or even see) a particular channel of a team by searching for the team
Adding email as a left tab panel remains under review. We are working on adding several Teams and email integrations:
- Share to Teams: Share a copy of an email and any attachments into a chat or channel directly from Outlook
- Share to Outlook: Share a copy of a channel or chat conversation via email directly from Teams
- Actionable Teams Activity Emails: Teams missed activity emails display the latest replies and allow you to reply directly from Outlook
See this post for more information:
This feature item is still in the works. We will keep you posted as we have new info from the feature team.
As stated in the last update, the ability to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time is being implemented in stages for Desktop. Faster tenant switching functionality on the Windows client has been rolled out to the public ring fully, and Mac will begin rolling out soon. Work is in progress on cross-tenant notification improvements, and support for multiple accounts on desktop will follow. We’ll keep you posted!
Note: The ability to use multiple Teams accounts at the same time is supported on iOS & Android today.
Alex & the Teams team
This feature is on the backlog. We will update when we have more details to share.
We have a customer that rolled out Teams telephony. This missing feature is the major complaint of affected users!
I totally agree. This is e.g. missing heavily if you use Group-based chats with customized names. There is no easy way except "search" (if you remember the necessary terms) to find those chats again.
this is very important for user adoption and user experience!
Currently it's possible to save to the root Folder of a Team. It must be possible to save attachements to a channel as well.
IT Admin’s now have the ability to configure apps on the left navigation of Microsoft Teams. You can learn more about that feature here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/MicrosoftTeams/teams-app-setup-policies
As announced at Ignite we are currently working on enabling desktop users to add personal or favorite apps to their own left navigation.
we are and ISV and want to develop functions for companies by integrating general "apps" in the left bar, so that is available for all users in the Teams tenant.
WIth other words:
- Teams admins must be able to choose a 3rd Party app, that will be pinned to the left bar for all users.
- 3rd Party ISVs must be able to develop apps that are able to be pinned to the left bar
- As an alternative function for Teams admins & Tenants, there must be a way to add an additional icon to the left bar, that is just using a Website as target (e.g. the corporate Intranet).