Thank you for your continued feedback, the team is actively working on this item. We will share an update as soon as one is available.
An error occurred while saving the commentTodd Shelton commented
1. Create a channel in Teams with some name. Observe the SP folder--it's the same name.
2. Rename the channel in Teams. The SP folder name stays the same.
3. Rename the folder in SP (to match the rename in step 2). The Teams channel link is broken.
4. Create a new file in the renamed Teams channel. SP recreates the original folder name and places the file there.
5. Browse to move the file. You can move the file to the renamed SP folder, but it vanishes from Teams as there's no longer a channel for it.
Workaround: Once you settle on the channel name you want, create a new channel with that name (no errors allowed!) and move files into it. If harmony with SP is desired, disallow name changes in either place once the "official" channel/folder name is set.
This is a lot of attention even for SharePoint. From a UI expectation perspective, it's, well, unexpected.Todd Shelton supported this idea ·