We have been iterating on different designs and are starting to test internally. I don’t have a timeframe but will keep you posted.
Will this be an optional change? Preferably on a channel basis, it could possibly be done by allowing us to choose if a channel should have threads or not.
I think this should be optional for each channel like I mentioned in this idea:
A fix for this is being worked on. We hope to have a fix in internal Microsoft rings soon for testing. I don’t have a timeline for release externally at this point, but will keep you posted.
1 vote0 comments · Public » Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →
It was finally added to the mobile apps yesterday, you can now find quiet hours/days under settings.
Pretty sure this feature was not added at all, instead the have added support for "Windows 10 quiet hours". I don't think that helps at all since it does nothing for mobile notifications, other OS or web client (completely useless for me since I don't use the work computer at home). So seems very wrong to close the idea since it specifically asked for mobile.
No idea how to tell this warren guy about that though.
Same here, asked around a bit and none seem to be able to find it.
Furthermore, how about not disabling comments immediately and instead allowing some feedback if the feature does whats it's supposed to, if there are bugs or general questions about it.
Have you tried scheduling a meeting and just copying that link and then just reusing that one over and over? Maybe you need to schedule it for a long time (to get it out of the way you could put it in an extra calendar).
We acknowledge the customer demand for Private Channels and have been hard at work on it. Private Channels is currently in preview with a select group of customers. We expect to release the feature to the public later this Fall, and will update here when we are starting to roll out to all customers. We appreciate all the feedback you have provided to us on this forum and thank you for your patience.
Thanks for providing us with something at least, as for questions besides timeline here is everything I could think of right now.
- Can I add someone to a private channel that is not part of the team? (Would be great for cooperation between two teams)
- Will all features work the same for private channels e.g. tabs, integrations, meetings, notifications?
- Will there be any features unique to private channels?
- How will you se who is in a private channel?
- Will there be private channels that anyone can join? (Useful if it's not secret but also not relevant for everyone in teams)
- Or maybe when you add this you will also make it possible to leave public channels?
- Any other features that might carry over to public channels or other parts of teams?
- Will it be possible to enable/disable private channels for a team?
- Will you be able to set who can create private channels (independently form normal ones?)?
- Will I see that a private channel exists so I can request to join it?
- If so will there be a hidden option?
- Invite code like teams has?
- If you get added to a private channel, can you leave?
- If you add a user to a private channel, can you prevent the user from leaving?
- What happens if everyone leaves a private channel?
- Will team owner/admin be able to see everything in private channels?
- Can you setup some kind of dynamic memberships for private channels e.g. all guests or everyone in a specific group/team?
If you can't tell us when it will be ready can you tell us when it will not be ready? e.g. not within X weeks but before Y months (years?)
In short, I would like to know everything! :)
I think you are off by a bit, the first "working on it" has been set since Feb 9, 2017 that's 1 year and 7 months. A long time for something that should have been there since before release.
Since they already dropped a "big" ignite post on their blog without any details about this it seems this feature is still far from complete.
While you are at it you could also add something similar. A channel that anyone can join but doesn't have to have all team members in (e.g you can invite team members, leave the channel or assign at creation who should be in it). This would be used for things that are not sensitive but also not relevant to all team members.
Seems like they can't even see avatars https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35537563-allow-guests-to-see-avatars