An error occurred while saving the commentBlastum.one commented
So this request to me is something that is broken down into two feature needs:
1. Allow me to have the desktop teams run and get notifications etc in multiple instances
2. Let me create daughter windows of an instance of teams resource.
Yes MSFT Teams needs to catchup to the many thousands of requests for these two features, till then here is something to work around with/for 1:
1. Here is a link to two possible ways to get the full desktop app to work and run twice: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/run-multiple-instances-ms-teams-denis-molodtsov
2. You can do the same basic thing with MacOS if you have admin rights for the "run as" solution
For the second one, MSFT's new edge essentially does the Nativefier (from the link above) for you:
1. login to the site on Edge (new Chromium version)
2. Select horzontal hamburger for settings in top right
3. Select "Apps"
4. Select "Install this site as App"
That should give you the page your where on as an app in it's own application window.
Hope that helps others needing something till they (MSFT) finally decide to fix this.
PS This also works for GCC tenants as well from what I can tell.
For 1, here is a compare and contrast
Thank you for your continued feedback. The feature team is actively working on this highly requested feature. We are testing the first release that will have the ability for meeting hosts to create breakout rooms, assign the users to the rooms and call them back to the main room. Please see our roadmap for current status here: https://www.microsoft.com/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=Microsoft%20Teams&searchterms=65332.
2 votesBlastum.one shared this idea ·