8,107 votesJeff supported this idea ·
Thank you for your continued feedback. The team has placed this item on their backlog. We will share an update as soon as one is available.
An error occurred while saving the commentJeff commented
Similar to the Mac Workaround below but using a third party ( I know ) software does the trick for Windows.
1. Download from: https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm
2. Extract and install driver for virtual audio cable and restart
3. Open sound settings
4. Playback - Set your normal speakers as default
5. Recording - Set your normal microphone as default
6. Recording - open properties for your microphone
7. Under listen tab, set to play through the new "Cable Input" device, apply
8. In Teams, device settings, set the microphone input to the new "Cable Output"
Now, Only for Teams, the microphone sound is routed through the "virtual cable" so Teams only sees the virtual microphone, and does not seem to mess this one up!