Teams for your personal life

Welcome to the Teams for your personal life User Voice site! The product team uses this site to help prioritize features, and we welcome your feedback.  

Here's how to get your voice heard:
  1. Vote for existing ideas, this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  2. Submit new ideas. Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.
  3. Comment in ideas' threads, we read those regularly.
For official product and feature updates, we recommend the following:
  • Stay tuned here: We update our work items regularly. 
  • Read our blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
  • Review our Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 Roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Should have meeting option in personal account. I

Teams could also have meeting schedule feature. It will be really helpful for people to connect especially during this lockdown. Many people are relying on Zoom.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New status for using Teams on mobile

I use Teams mostly on computer. I have it also on my phone. When I shutdown my computer, I'm still "Available" on mobile and I still get calls even if I'm off work.

It would be great to have a new status for Temas Mobile (eg. purple icon and with a status message "I'm on Teams mobile only").

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let me choose the account to launch from the context menu of the app icon on Android

I should be able to tap and hold and get more options than Chats and Search from the context menu of the app icon. It should at least let me choose which account to launch in Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fundamentals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show tumbnails when sharing photos via OneDrive

When sharing a photo via OneDrive within a Teams conversation, it shows the name of the photo file, but not a preview/tumb nail of the actual photo when searching within OneDrive. So at the moment, you can't tell which photo you are actually sharing (unless you somehow know the name). Please change the photo name in the actual picture.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make bots and apps available

Please make bots available or even the cool possibility of using power platform to develop some.
    It would be cool if the experience with bots, extensions and apps of work/school teams could be available similarly on the consumer/life version of teams. Maybe integrations with more consumer facing apps, like the mini apps on snapchat or weChat. Maybe other office apps, microsoft news. Or integrations with apps already available on play store or app store. Games like sudoku with friends, minesweeper, tic tac toe, like the ones on chrome search/ offline error pages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Android Outlook Teams Add In

Please provide a direct way to add the Teams add-in to Outlook on Android so that you can schedule a Teams meeting. I was able to add Teams add-in to my 365 Outlook on Windows 10, but have not been successful on Android as it takes place on the back-end and it is not clear what the steps are to trigger the add-in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Linkedin Sync

Hi, MS Teams is very good compared to other apps, I think it will be veryful if it can be login through Linkedin or sync linkedin connections, if it is possible?? And be used as calling app also...if possible...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Color coded calendar entries

Allow different members of team to color code calendar entries

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. TFL Share Message/Links/Media with multiple contacts/groups simultaneously

Why can't I share message with multiple contacts simultaneously, like how I can on Skype????

On TFL, I can share a message with only one contact/group chat at a time!!!!

So Bloody Inconvenient!!!!!

See the attached for a Skype vs TFL comparison. Names and pictures hidden for privacy purposes here.

Also, what's the use of Channels Tab when one can't really have Channels in TFL.?????

See for yourself how backward TFL is even when compared to your old and aging Skype!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Monday as first day of the week

In Europe many regard Monday as first day of the week in a calendar. Please make that an option. Otherwise confusing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Store Credit Cards

I want to be able to store my credit card info in the safe as well. I saw the option for membership cards, but this is super helpful to have.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safe  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add mute all only for host's

You can add a option which will enable host to set up whether others can mute all participants.....also you can add a option which will enable screen sharing for host only or you can add option which will ask whether participants can share their screen this way functionality and growth of team will increase day by day

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Calendar

Group calendar events should trigger an notification for all users on time of event. Not just at the creation of the event.
    Now it is just the event creator that gets a mail notification if he joins his own event.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to prevent media auto downloading

Add the ability to toggle which types of media auto downloads when others send them such as gifs and videos and be able to granularly toggle each type on and off.

This would preferably be a set of toggles within the "Data and storage" section of the settings.

Obfuscate them in the chat for users with this feature on until they choose to download them individually. This is great for saving data.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. allow calendar and events synchronization with calendar app

Synchronize calendar events schedule with other calendar app as like Google calendar, apple calendar

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Safe websites and passwords should be click able links

When I'm in the safe, I need to be able to copy the password, then click on the url to open it in the browser. Only having the data as static information is not beneficial for me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. There is not any option to delete the call history

There is not any option to delete the call history

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Personal Safe should aggregate content from Group Chat Safes

I'd like to see Safe items I have access to in Group Chat Safes also be visible in my main personal Safe. This way one does not need to remember where a particular Safe item is located to find it quickly, but permissions are still handled by creating the item in the appropriate Group Chat. The main personal Safe could act as an aggregator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Join Call Alert/Display TFL

Show all Active Group/Individual Calls at top of the list in 'Chat'/'Activity' Tab.

Currently, to view my active group call, I have to go inside the group chat room first. Too many steps, visibility of calls is impaired, and it is a very mechanical experience.

You need to make such ergonomics smooth and fluid. Please take a leaf from Apple's consumer experience. You guys can be fun too. Stop being boring please...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base