Teams for your personal life

Welcome to the Teams for your personal life User Voice site! The product team uses this site to help prioritize features, and we welcome your feedback.  

Here's how to get your voice heard:
  1. Vote for existing ideas, this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  2. Submit new ideas. Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.
  3. Comment in ideas' threads, we read those regularly.
For official product and feature updates, we recommend the following:
  • Stay tuned here: We update our work items regularly. 
  • Read our blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
  • Review our Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 Roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The Teams Consumer/Personal account and the email account can't share the same phone number

I associated a personal Live.com account with Teams Consumer and it asked for my phone number which I provided. Now I am having trouble accessing my email on the same and other live.com / outlook.com / office 365 accounts because I get the error "Someone else has claimed ownership of [phone number]. You'll need to use a different username next time you sign in." With a link below "I still own [phone number]. And then I add it back, but then afterwards, Teams Consumer stops working, asking to associate my phone number again.

It doesn't make sense that the Teams…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  SISU (Sign-In, Sign-Up)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove Phone Number Requirement for Personal Microsoft Accounts

Teams for Personal Life requires a user to have a phone number with SMS to use/SISU to the App. Being that this is Teams for Personal Life/Family, our hope was that we could use this in place of Skype to communicate with our children. However, I am unable to sign my children who don't have phone numbers into the App...

Which makes it useless to our family.

We had actually started using Slack earlier in the year, but stopped and decided to wait for Teams to be ready (which of course took longer than expected), I even moved my kids…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SISU (Sign-In, Sign-Up)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable 2fa features like fingerprints

This is not with regards msa login which I know has 2fa, but more about when I open the already logged in app I want the option to open with fingerprint or auth app. Whatsapp and other competes so this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SISU (Sign-In, Sign-Up)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sign in with QR Code option

I suggest adding sign in using QR Codes just like Whatsapp & Whatsapp Web

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. في تسجيل الدخول استخدام رقم البطاقه المدنيه

استخدام البطاقة المدينة عند تسجيل الدخول

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Okul

Okul ve ders

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Advertise Teams for Personal life

Zoom is storming the world - Microsoft Skype is now almost unheard off with Zoom's dominance and for Teams comsumer to make an impact Microsoft need to market this like crazy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Switch account during join meeting

While entering meeting, teams should ask which account to login

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base