Teams for your personal life

Welcome to the Teams for your personal life User Voice site! The product team uses this site to help prioritize features, and we welcome your feedback.  

Here's how to get your voice heard:
  1. Vote for existing ideas, this will also subscribe you to the idea's status updates.
  2. Submit new ideas. Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.
  3. Comment in ideas' threads, we read those regularly.
For official product and feature updates, we recommend the following:
  • Stay tuned here: We update our work items regularly. 
  • Read our blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
  • Review our Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 Roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Xbox and LinkedIn tab

Next to Notifications, Chats, Calendar, etc. there should be a tab for Xbox and a tab for LinkedIn.
    On the Xbox tab it should show a Timeline of achievements/activities of contacts to which a user can reply/share etc. Maybe on top of the tab show a banner with recommended games, new releases in GamePass etc. to increase engagement. Chats on Xbox should be federated and integrated with Teams chats.
    The LinkedIn tab should provide the same time line as on LinkedIn. Allow for responses to items on the time line as in the LinkedIn app. Chats on LinkedIn should be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fundamentals  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Xbox / LinkedIn chat federation and integration

Microsoft Teams users should be able to 'connect' their Microsoft Teams account and/or Xbox/LinkedIn account. This way their could be one conversation with a contact across multiple platforms.
    Obviously, within every chat on Teams, it should be clear on which platform the conversation is available by displaying the platform logo.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Profile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Safe to web version

Please add the safe and the rest of the dashboard to the web version to make the user experience more seamless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Safe  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. customize and personalize chat contact groups

I would to be able to customize and personalize the way my chats with specific contacts or groups of contacts the way a can in SLACK. SLACK allows me to have folder-like and sub folder-like groupings in my main chat sidebar.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Would be nice to use my Gmail business account instead of my personal Windows email.

Basically replace my personal email with my windows account and be able to use my business email (Gmail) instead while still linking my windows account to the system but have my business Gmail be my main email used in the software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow us to delete contacts(synced/suggested/device)

Need more and better contact editing features in Teams. Allow us to delete contacts and remove(not block) suggested contacts permanently. My suggested contacts are mostly filled with unknown people and I am not able to delete them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Participants bar

Move the participants bar to the top of the screen near where the laptop camera is. And whoever is talking needs to be centered near the actual camera automatically and zoomed a little bigger while sharing screen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Task reminder

It will be very useful if you can add reminder for tasks. It will also be very useful if you can add "My Tasks" page and when somebody assign you a task it will automatically appears in this page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add appear offline option on system tray icon.

if i right click the system tray icon, the "Appear offline" option is missing. But if I click my profile icon inside Microsoft Teams, I can change my status to "Appear offline". In Skype, if I right click the system tray icon I could change my status to "Invisible" as well as in the skype profile icon. Adding this option would make it easier to switch to the offline mode and it gives uniform experience across Skype and Microsoft Teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Camera settings

Please incorporate a camera setting to allow for false backgrounds to be displayed during meeting. like they have on Skype settings

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pls improve the chat box like google meet as to change in potrait mode

Pls improve the chat box, as we are rotating the phone in potrait mode the chat box is not turning in that mode so we have to always adjust it and tilt the mobile and also getting difficult while attending meetings and seeing chat box so pls improve it as Google meet has done. I hope Microsoft IT team will take my feedback seriously and improve the changes in it as early as possible because it will help for millions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Microsoft teams es una buena alternativa

Muy lento para abrir la aplicación, cuesta cargar los archivos, cuesta descargar archivos en teléfono porque no lo guarda solo en PC no se puede compartir vídeo en pantalla con su sonido y otras cosas que se necesita arreglar

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Microsoft teams es una buena alternativa

Muy lento para abrir la aplicación, cuesta cargar los archivos, cuesta descargar archivos en teléfono porque no lo guarda solo en PC no se puede compartir vídeo en pantalla con su sonido y otras cosas que se necesita arreglar

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Turn off and stop starting every time I open the computer.

Turn off and stop starting every time I open the computer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Multiple simultaneous screen sharing with option to write notes on screen by any participant without interrupting presenter & zooming

I would like if Teams could have the feature of showing multiple simultaneous interactive screen share. Currently only one screen could be shared, which makes it less interactive. But if more than one screen could be shared with a fixed view (an option which could be turned on by the admin in the group), it would be great to have multiple presenters display their screen and have more efficient interactive sessions. Also if we could write notes on the presenter's screen without having to interrupt the presenter would be an added feature. Adding on to this feature, if we could…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multiple simultaneous interactive presenters with zoom in and out option for clear subject view

I would like if Teams could have the feature of showing multiple simultaneous interactive presenters, unlike where there multiple presenters but one active display, it would be great to have multiple presenters displaying, so that it would be more interactive. Also if we could have a zoom in and zoom out option to view the presenter's screen for a better viewing, would be helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make full dark color loading screen

On mobile version of app the loading screen is half in white/grey and in half dark. For me is very uncomfortable and make me nervous when i see that. Please make it full color

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base