Teams for your personal life

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for your personal life. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove Phone Number Requirement for Personal Microsoft Accounts

Teams for Personal Life requires a user to have a phone number with SMS to use/SISU to the App. Being that this is Teams for Personal Life/Family, our hope was that we could use this in place of Skype to communicate with our children. However, I am unable to sign my children who don't have phone numbers into the App...

Which makes it useless to our family.

We had actually started using Slack earlier in the year, but stopped and decided to wait for Teams to be ready (which of course took longer than expected), I even moved my kids…

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  SISU (Sign-In, Sign-Up)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The Teams Consumer/Personal account and the email account can't share the same phone number

I associated a personal Live.com account with Teams Consumer and it asked for my phone number which I provided. Now I am having trouble accessing my email on the same and other live.com / outlook.com / office 365 accounts because I get the error "Someone else has claimed ownership of [phone number]. You'll need to use a different username next time you sign in." With a link below "I still own [phone number]. And then I add it back, but then afterwards, Teams Consumer stops working, asking to associate my phone number again.

It doesn't make sense that the Teams…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  SISU (Sign-In, Sign-Up)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make one time login to the Desktop teams

Every time system when start of the PC, MS teams asking for the login and it is irritating. If it can be enabled as static then it goes well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SISU (Sign-In, Sign-Up)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Access to change password in an organization account

I forgot the password i set and because its my institution account for studying purpose, I can't change it. Its hard to study on an android and I can't sign in through pc with the same account of my institution. Please do something because its troublesome to ask the institution people to change the password again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SISU (Sign-In, Sign-Up)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ditch the account requirement for a telephone number. Kids don’t all have personal phones.

Ditch the account requirement for a telephone number. Kids don’t all have personal phones.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SISU (Sign-In, Sign-Up)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to remove previous emails from logon screen in Teams on a Mac

When I got to log onto Teams on my mac all my previous Microsoft accounts from prior employers comes up, you should be able to remove these from the history and cache.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Unable to add Sasktel numbers into Teams personal

All sasktel numbers attempted are unable to be added as preferred contact on Teams personal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Surface Pro x ARM client for Teams Personal

For my Surface Pro X only the 32 bit Teams desktop client is available for personal teams. When trying to use the native Teams desktop ARM client I cannot login. I have to navigate to teams.live.com on the browser to download the desktop client, and it is only the 32 bit client.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Switch account during join meeting

While entering meeting, teams should ask which account to login

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  SISU (Sign-In, Sign-Up)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Advertise Teams for Personal life

Zoom is storming the world - Microsoft Skype is now almost unheard off with Zoom's dominance and for Teams comsumer to make an impact Microsoft need to market this like crazy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. MFA should have Product info

While sign-in Microsoft will provide Multi Factor Authentication via call or OTP-SMS. Challenge is OTP SMS will not have information about product for which OTP is sent. Whether it's for Outlook or Teams.
    Please enable product info in OTP-SMS.
    With Hopes
    Sachin H

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable 2fa features like fingerprints

This is not with regards msa login which I know has 2fa, but more about when I open the already logged in app I want the option to open with fingerprint or auth app. Whatsapp and other competes so this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Sign in with QR Code option

I suggest adding sign in using QR Codes just like Whatsapp & Whatsapp Web

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. في تسجيل الدخول استخدام رقم البطاقه المدنيه

استخدام البطاقة المدينة عند تسجيل الدخول

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base