Teams for Government

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Thumbs down emoji

Hi. We are using Teams for our leadership team meetings. We often have to take a vote. We found the thumbs up emoji for a YES vote but there doesn't seem to be a thumbs down emoji for a NO vote. It would be great to add that.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easy to add people to you Teams Contacts. Better yet, let users import contacts from outlook.

Make it easy to add people to you Teams Contacts. Better yet, let users import contacts from outlook.

As it stands, there is virtually no way to accomplish this and the global lookup is limited to 25 people.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pin chat

Ability Pin a chat on the Teams smartphone app.
    This exists in the desktop app but isn’t reflected on the mobile app.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show all participants on the screen

I would like to be able to see all meeting participants on my screen, rather than just the 3 who have most recently spoken.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Outlook Calendar needs more organizational colors

Colors are used to effectively manage meeting schedules. We need access to a full color wheel, or at least a much greater variety of color that can be used

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Printing of Planner Individual Tasks

We would like to use the .pdf of the Task and associated comments with the names and dates of those involved as virtual route slips for completed tasks. We need to have the ability to open the task and print to .pdf to accomplish this. Thank you!

PS. I realize there is an overall Excel file that can be downloaded of all tasks. We really like the view and structure of the actual task with completed items and comments and would prefer to have that individual task as a .pdf.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Limit SharePoint access for guest accounts

A guest account added in Teams gets added to the 'Member' security group for the underlying SharePoint site. The 'Member' security group in SharePoint has Edit permissions by default.

A guest using the 'Open in SharePoint' option in Teams can therefore make changes to the SharePoint site. They can add lists/libraries, delete lists/libraries, delete site pages, edit the home page. The guest account should be more limited than that... maybe just Contribute access to the 'Documents' library which contains the files stored in each channel.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow administrators to block "call me" options in Teams meetings while allowing organizers to call attendees.

The 'call me' option for attendees in teams is costing a fortune in PTSN calls. Administrators need the ability to turn this option off, while still allowing meeting organizers to add dial out to phone users/numbers.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Why are my Private channel video recordings made company wide publicly?

Guys, I created a private channel no one but my group is invited I am the only owner yet the video became company wide publicly? was this the intended way of recordings to become public even when you have a private channel?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Function about choosing invitation email format

The format of invitation email is HTML,but we just can read all email in plain text duo to outlook Group Policy.
    The invitation email is hardly to read,it's really nice to have a function can choose HTML format or text format.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide a "go to next meeting" button

With Outlook calendar integration, allow users to switch from one meeting to the next one scheduled (back-to-back) immediately instead of having to leave, open the invite to the next meeting, click on the link, etc. Would be a major time saver.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set preferences for captioning on in Teams

Enable captioning feature to be on when entering or starting a Teams meeting/call. This eliminates having to select the ellipses and turning on captions every time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please make all policy/settings to be able to be applied to groups.

Some of the settings can be applied to groups, but some are only applied to users (at least through the gui). An example is the Team Apps Setup Policy. As new users are provisioned too many things have to manually applied. This would also apply to retention policies. We have multiple retention policies that are dependent on which OU you are in.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create a meeting in a new window

I'd like to have the funktion to create a meeting in its own window. I often begin to book a meeting and discover I need information from another place in Teams (for exemple a chat). Then I have to close the booking to get the information and my draft is deleted. And I have to start from the beginning with my booking.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Release Power BI Tab for GCCH

Please release the Power BI Tab /app for GCCH. Power BI is currently fully available for GCCH, yet the Teams connector and available to add as tab is not available, and there is no mention of development on the roadmap or documentation.

Documentation lists this feature as "[...] not available in the environment and we don't have an estimated time frame for delivery."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-govus-overview

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams Rooms for GCCH

Please add the ability to use Microsoft Teams Rooms devices with Microsoft 365 GCC High. We have several of the Logitech Tap with Intel NUC setups that we were using in Commercial Cloud that are no longer functional after migrating to GCC High over the weekend. We were going to roll out more of these next year to make video conferencing simple and easy for our users.

Is there any possibility of this functionality coming in the next 6 months?

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/microsoft-rooms

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. GCC

Migrate Group Chat into Teams Channel. Create an ability to spin up a Teams Channel from a group chat and preserve the original discussion into the Channel.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Include Organizer, Presenter, and Producers in the attendee list

Please include organizer, presenter, and producers in the attendees list. This will not only improve the reports to be complete and accurate, but also simplifies the process for users. The current attendee list is short sighted and does not meet business needs. Please include all who attended the meeting.

(Submitting on behalf of my customer)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mute a participant only for me

If several participants from an office take part in the same conference on their own laptops, problems always arise, as there is always very annoying feedback and echoes. Is it not possible to set the program so that I can mute a participant just for me? If you mute this participant, he is also muted for all other participants. Then a conference in the same room with several team members would be possible. This means that one person always has to sit alone in the office.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base