Teams for Government

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audio alert for chat is too soft to be heard in office environment.

I need to communicate with my staff from Courtroom, but audio alert for chat messages is so soft they often do not hear it, especially if they are a few feet away at the copier or file cabinet. If we turn our speaker up to compensate, other audio blows us away. Please add volume control for alert, going up to VERY LOUD!

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please add Live Polling functionality to all Teams, Channels, Meetings, and Chats

Teams should allow the ability to take live polls within any Team, Channel, Meeting or Chat; and then allow results to be posted to either the originator of the poll, or all participants (depending on settings).

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. change download folder

We need the ability to change or choose save to download folder instead of the default downloads folder for file download in Teams and Stream recording files.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have a set of key words for alerting

I understand the Search and Filter functions, but am suggesting being able to set key words and get alerts when those words are posted.
    The ability to set key words that alert you if mentioned by anyone within any of the channels to which you subscribe.
    The ability to set key words in specific channels that may be different than and in addition to the main set of key words.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiple channels/accounts on desktop account

Add support for multiple accounts to desktop app. I use teams for multiple organizations and the only way to keep all accounts up is through a sandbox program. I should be able to tab back and forth like the mobile app.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow for private channels to utilize more than just the basic applications. For example the Planner app is only available within public cha

Allow for private channels to utilize more than just the basic applications. For example the Planner app is only available within public channels.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Foreflight plug in for military and civilian aviation

Foreflight plug in to allow aviators to have enhanced mission planning capabilities within Microsoft teams.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Setting unique Notification & Ringtones for Teams (like you can for Contacts)

Exhausted "searching" efforts to set a unique Notification tone for Teams chat, calls, etc (in both phone & app settings). Want to set my tones for Teams like I can for contacts. I must leave Teams running, but at times it's critical for my sanity (and productivity) to differentiate between Teams and other notifications (many meetings).

NEEDED!...please help us :)

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When scheduling a reoccurring meeting, add a repeat frequency for every other week.

When scheduling a reoccurring meeting, add a repeat frequency for every other week.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Open to the oldest unread message.

When there are multiple unread messages and you open Teams it goes to the most recent unread message, and then you have to scroll up to find the oldest unread message and start from there. That’s pretty dumb. Everyone is going to want to start with the first/oldest unread message. The app should open to that.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improve Sign Up/Sign Experience for New External Users

I had a bad Teams day trying to get external users into Teams from a client project team.

In terms of competitors, I think Basecamp is a good, clear and reliable user experience: 1) invite the user via email, 2) they verify and 3) they sign in. The email doesn't matter.

The Teams external user experience is very far removed - please make it a simpler and better experience - it is after all usually the first experience a new user has of Teams.

I always advocate either SharePoint of Teams on the projects I work on - but the…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bookings access

Bookings would be incredibly useful for Gov clients that need to schedule time with customers. Consultations, animal shots, and others would be wonderful.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Integrate fully with Planner, SharePoint, and Outlook Tasks, Calendar (GCC)

Please integrate more with Planner (timeline visualization channels for tasks) and/or with SharePoint web parts that do this, so all tasks linked in one place and with Outlook as well (for calendar and emails pertinent to chats and tasks). Until then, Planner is just a to-do tool that does not notify members of the team of new or changes in tasks and is not fully integrated for communication and coordination (copied from another board but Government needs this functionality also).

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. NDI Video

Microsoft Teams needs NDI support, like skype does. We need to be able to hold internal meetings, with existing Teams features, but we also need to be able to broadcast those meetings out to the public. NDI output compatible with OBS or other similar software would allow us to do that.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow phone / mobile and computer login simultaneously (multiple devices)

Please make it possible to join a meeting simultaneously using a single account with multiple devices, enabling phone audio (with app mute controls) and computer for chat.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix federation! Closed federation should mean CLOSED.

GCC tenant has closed federation configured. All domains blocked except explicitly allowed domains. Users are unable to search for or communicate with external organizations as expected, HOWEVER, they are able to join conferences and share media with external organizations. Example: external organization creates a Teams call. GCC user is not invited. GCC user is accidentally forwarded the join URL, GCC user can actually join and participate in the externally hosted call, even though they are not federated. It's as if the federation list is only applicable to P2P calls, and not for MCU calls. Please fix this! This is a…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Meeting Options - add ability to disable chat for specific meetings

With the release of hard mute in meeting options, there are many public meetings we are using Live Events for that could truly be handled with a Teams meeting with hard mute. During public meetings, the public can view/listen to the meeting, but cannot speak or have unsolicited comments be seen by all. Having the ability to mute attendees solves part of the problem, but now we need the ability to disable chat for specific meetings so we can use this solution since it solves many complications we have with live events and external presenters.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Tag all in group chat

It would be great if you could tag everyone at once in a Teams group chat similar to how you can tag a Team or Channel in the posts part of a Team/Channel. Right now you have to go and tag each person individually in a group chat

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Walkie-talkie feature for GCC

With thousands active government users in law enforcement agencies (GCC) cloud the push-to-talk (PTT) functionality would be a powerful tool that would greatly enhance ability to accomplish tasks set for our frontline users. Please add push-to-talk (PTT) feature to GCC.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams owner as Meeting Organizer

I would like to have the option of having the TEAMS owners be the organizer instead of a particular person.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base