Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Status Dashboard for parity with non gov teams features

Various connectors (Forms, 3rd party app connectors, one note until recently) are missing from Teams in Gov.
    We know that Gov teams lags behind the non-gov version, but the lack of a roadmap or page which clearly provides a status of what is and is not working in gov is making user support difficult.
    Our users read official Microsoft Teams documentation, see no additional insight about gov tenants, and expect features to work (like @forms quick-polls in chat, integration thru 3rd party connector to on on-prem git, etc, etc)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In add a tab in Teams we need to add a calendar or a custom web site to a calendar when will this be available in GCC

In add a tab in Teams we need to add a calendar or a custom web site to a calendar when will this option be available in GCC

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add contact list in government tenants.

Currently there is no contact list in MS Teams on government tenants. Can this be added?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Planner and Smartsheet availability in G3

When will planner and smartsheet available for G3 ?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add functionality to Team application

I work in state government and we use Teams. I have also used a different meeting application in my non-profit role. There are some features I really miss when I'm in Teams. Please add: whiteboard functionality and breakout room capability. You recently added the ability to see 9 videos at once, but you can't scroll through screens to show more individuals who have video on. I would love the ability to see all video participants.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow presenter to be in presenter mode and also view the list of participants

When I'm presenting and sharing my screen, I can't also see the participant list to know who's on, unmuted, etc. I would like to have the participant list open while presenting. Right now, I need to cut away from what I'm presenting to see the list... which interrupts the flow of my presentation.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Publisher application to TEAMS application

Add Publisher application in TEAMS. I am currently in a Newsletter team made up of four individuals. It would be nice if we could all create/access and update the newsletter in TEAMS as we do with other applications. Not all team members are able to access certain drives so it complicates matters at times. Thank you for your consideration.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Microsoft Teams Delegation

For a meeting scheduled using Teams, it would be great to be able for my Manager to delegate the organizer role so that I am able to create meetings on their behalf and add the Microsoft teams when the team needs to meet via video etc. this link shows you can do this https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-up-a-delegate-to-take-your-calls-75e8c522-dde0-45b3-8fd1-8341f19740f9 but we do not have that feature currently.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Setting unique Notification & Ringtones for Teams (like you can for Contacts)

Exhausted "searching" efforts to set a unique Notification tone for Teams chat, calls, etc (in both phone & app settings). Want to set my tones for Teams like I can for contacts. I must leave Teams running, but at times it's critical for my sanity (and productivity) to differentiate between Teams and other notifications (many meetings).

NEEDED!...please help us :)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Let Schedule Meeting invite entire team vs individual users

When scheduling meetings, add the ability to invite an entire team versus individual users. As of right now, you can only select what channel to meet in.

This does not allow for individual users to accept/decline/tentative the scheduled meeting and the scheduled meeting does not show up in individual user calendars.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. NDI Video

Microsoft Teams needs NDI support, like skype does. We need to be able to hold internal meetings, with existing Teams features, but we also need to be able to broadcast those meetings out to the public. NDI output compatible with OBS or other similar software would allow us to do that.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. MTR Teams - support second MTR camera (front & rear) for presenter / training spaces

On the Skype for Business MTR (SRS v2) there is the ability to connect 2 video cameras to the room system and users can toggle between the cameras during a call if required. (front and rear camera)
    This is a crucial capability for a number of business use cases such as presenting to a remote audience or training sessions to local and virtual participants.
    Please enable this feature on the Teams MTR and allow the selection of which should be default and allow renaming of the cameras (for a usable and differing name via settings features).
    We have gov clients…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Paste a list of attendees emails into Teams Meeting invite.

Have the ability to copy and paste a list of emails into the required attendees when inviting people to a Teams meeting. Major pain having to add one by one, especially when there are a large number.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow administrators to block "call me" options in Teams meetings while allowing organizers to call attendees.

The 'call me' option for attendees in teams is costing a fortune in PTSN calls. Administrators need the ability to turn this option off, while still allowing meeting organizers to add dial out to phone users/numbers.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Function about choosing invitation email format

The format of invitation email is HTML,but we just can read all email in plain text duo to outlook Group Policy.
    The invitation email is hardly to read,it's really nice to have a function can choose HTML format or text format.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Shifts Manager permissions for someone who is not a Team Owner

Allow a permission setting that lets users manage a schedule in Shifts without making them an owner of the underlying team. Needed for scheduling larger teams.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide External Meeting Attendees the ability to PIN Video in a Meeting for ASL Interpreting

Allow meeting attendees outside of your organization to pin video of certain participants. The feature is used of by Adult Sign Language (ASL) interpreters in order for the both the interpreters and the person they are interpreting for to be able to see each other clearly during a meeting. Currently this can be done for all users inside an organization, but is limited when external guests are invited.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Multiple channels/accounts on desktop account

Add support for multiple accounts to desktop app. I use teams for multiple organizations and the only way to keep all accounts up is through a sandbox program. I should be able to tab back and forth like the mobile app.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base