Teams for Government

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Features global administrator to disable the team

Features global administrator to disable the team

We are a global administrator managing 70,000 users.
    If there are many users, many teams are abandoned and inactive.

If there are many inactive teams in a tenant, there is a risk of information leakage.
    However, deleting a team risks the loss of information or business impact.

One thing the global admin wants to do before deleting a team is to disable it and watch it.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to see all assignments from all teams at once

Ability to see all assignments from all teams at once

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a different alert for reactions to comments. I would prefer to only be alerted if there is a new comment.

In the toolbar I get alerts for new comments and also reactions to comments. If I am involved in several conversations, I only want alerts for new comments. Maybe create a different colored button or only alerted in Activity tab if there is a comment reaction.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Teams Meetings and Add Member to copy/paste multiple names

When adding users to a teams channel meeting, it would be beneficial to have capability to paste names in the "Required attendee" to field. The same would be true when adding users to a team. To have the capability to add multiple users in the same request entry would save time and make more user friendly for team owners.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Missing Government Tenant Features

We (GCC, GCC High, DOD) need a central place to go where we can see all the GA features not currently released to us and their status. The roadmap is useful but not for items not on it such as Tags, channel email, pinning channels, whiteboard... that have been in GA for months but are not on the roadmap. It would be very helpful to know (generally) as an administrator why they are not available and if they are being considered or not for future release.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add functionality to Team application

I work in state government and we use Teams. I have also used a different meeting application in my non-profit role. There are some features I really miss when I'm in Teams. Please add: whiteboard functionality and breakout room capability. You recently added the ability to see 9 videos at once, but you can't scroll through screens to show more individuals who have video on. I would love the ability to see all video participants.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multiple shared screens

Medical teams are running clinical meetings. We want to be able to share multiple screens at once. Eg radiology, clinical portal. Might driven by two different people.
    When i am viewing a meeting i want spread views over multiple displays so radiology is large.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sorting contacts in chat.

Put contacts listed as available at the top of the contacts list. Add the ability to sort contacts.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Microsoft Teams Delegation

For a meeting scheduled using Teams, it would be great to be able for my Manager to delegate the organizer role so that I am able to create meetings on their behalf and add the Microsoft teams when the team needs to meet via video etc. this link shows you can do this https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-up-a-delegate-to-take-your-calls-75e8c522-dde0-45b3-8fd1-8341f19740f9 but we do not have that feature currently.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Disable email notifications for comments on Planner Tasks

I want an option to disable whole group email/notifications for new comments. You can't disable this and it is causing inbox spam.

Comments are not needed to be shared to the entire group, I don't see a reason why anyone would ever want this, especially when there can be multiple plans per group. If I want a single group for my department, we will want multiple plans to track all of our projects. Users want to be able to add comments to track changes and issues along the way, without email blasting everyone in the whole group.

It would be…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Delete call history

Add button to delete call history and chat history

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please add a pause recording button in Teams.

Hello, Please add a pause button to the recording feature. I need to pause when making How-To videos to reset the screen, take a break, etc. I am sharing these instructional videos with colleagues and team members.
    Thank you!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Designate presenters for TEAMS Channel meetings

TEAMS meetings within a channel does not appear to allow restricting the presenters to a smaller selection. Allowing participants to move through powerpoint slides is very helpful but allowing anyone to "take control" appears to be a particularly bad idea.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Send To Lobby

Send To Lobby

Hi,
    I wonder if it's possible make an option to send someone to the lobby again.
    I'm using Teams to take some court hearing, and one can't hear what other is saying. Every time I need to remove the person, and ask to rejoin and wait again in the Lobby, but sometimes people doesn't understand and left the meeting... It's quite anoying.

Another option would be to put someone in hold.

Could you do this, please??

Thanks

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Paste a list of attendees emails into Teams Meeting invite.

Have the ability to copy and paste a list of emails into the required attendees when inviting people to a Teams meeting. Major pain having to add one by one, especially when there are a large number.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Chat History function when adding +1 user to an existing one on one chat

Allow "chat history" function when adding a single user to a pre-established 1:1 chat with another user. Right now I can only add or remove chat history once I already have a group of three or more, not when I add a single user to an existing 1:1 chat with another user.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Reliable Notifications!

Notifications with an audible “ding” only occur approximately 50% of the time. This is extremely frustrating and has already lead to mistakes in our office and we a considering abandoning our use of Teams and just communicating via text as we did before. Pleas fix this!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow presenter to be in presenter mode and also view the list of participants

When I'm presenting and sharing my screen, I can't also see the participant list to know who's on, unmuted, etc. I would like to have the participant list open while presenting. Right now, I need to cut away from what I'm presenting to see the list... which interrupts the flow of my presentation.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Spotlight - ability to spotlight multiple particpants

We need a way to allow Teams meeting organizer to spotlight multiple users. During virtual proceedings, there is a need to keep the judge's video and whomever is speaking at that time on the screen. There is also a need to be able to hard mute all attendants and only allow them to speak when it is appropriate.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base