Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mastersoft

Better refresh rate for the app. It does not show messages unless i open the app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto Start - Minimized

Please make teams start minimized or in the background when auto start in setting is enabled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Translate

When using the translate feature, we should be able to choose from a list of languages to translate the original message to.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have Team members show up first when starting a chat

When starting a chat, the people in my “Team” used to show up as the first suggestions. Now they don’t so I have to search through all of DoD to send a private message to someone in my unit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. GCC

There appears to be a latency issue when using chat in TEAMS. It takes up to 30 minutes for the NMCI computer to update the chat where the I-phone TEAMs app updates chat dialogue instantaneously. There should be a refresh button that allows the users to update the NMCI computer when they want. Right now the user has to log off then back on to refresh chat in TEAMs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. DOD

1. Add more labels in the planner, five labels is not enough. 2. Provide an export function for the calendar view to a pdf, excel or word document. I take a screen shot and save it to powerpoint to share with members who are not on teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. DoD

Allow auto mute of hot mic after a user set delay. For example, during a meeting, a user speaks to present or comment, and once they are done, the delay begins. After the delay, the mic would mute by default to keep ambient noise and background conversation from interrupting the discussion.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add the three dots indicating someone is typing in the Team Meeting chats (similar to Facebook and phone texting)

When hosting virtual meetings, it is impossible to know when to move on from a conversation topic because you do not know if someone is typing or if everyone is done adding to the conversation. It would be nice to see a status of when someone is typing in the text box while in a Microsoft Meeting.
    The three dots already show up in Team chats but for some reason do not show up in a conversation during a Teams meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. DoD

Add ability to import contacts (individuals and groups) from Outlook (MS Exchange).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I want to keep the guest email address private

Since we do not want to disclose the guest user's email address to users inside or outside the organization, we would like to make it private.

ゲストユーザーのメールアドレスを組織内や組織外のユーザーへ公開したくないため、非公開とする設定を希望します。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make cvr teams work on NIPR

Doesn't work for me on NIPR

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remove recordings from teams to diffrent easy accessible place only for recording.

Also let the user decide the video quality of recordings so that they can access these on poor internet connection. (It won't load on poor internet connection)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable to host white board from a phone .

Now it is only possible for pc users to host a white board

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Searching for individual by "Last, First"

When searching for people, allow searches to be in the format of "Last, First". Currently have to search for people by "first.MI.Last". People usually don't know co-workers middle names.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Which CDN is Teams GCC using?

I know the Teams provided background images come from a static CDN endpoint.

The O365 CDNs are not available to GCC, however, per this article:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/use-office-365-cdn-with-spo (updated Feb 19, 2020)

Therefore, I want to know which CDN(s) does Teams use in GCC?
    Which CDNs are providing the Teams backgrounds, and which other ones are in use elsewhere in GCC?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Get rid of rapists in GIFs

When you search, "Jello," in GIF's, there's an option featuring Bill Cosby. I get the connection but really? Let's stop giving that convicted serial ****** any platform, please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. We use Teams in the GCC. We NEED to be able to easily capture the attendee list (for example, during a training session).

We use Teams in the GCC. We NEED to be able to easily capture the attendee list (for example, during a training session) during a "regular" (not Live Event) Teams meeting.

This is becoming a huge issue in my Fed. office.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow use of Planner app independent of a Team

I would like to be able to use Planner to plan my work for multiple teams, not just one team

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Exit account

Exit account in pc by phone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base