Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make video experience the same for all participants. GCC

Each participant in our GCC meetings sees a different view. Some people see others on video that other people can't, even when they are speaking. Nobody seems to have the same experience when joining a meeting. There seems to be no distinct reason and the experience needs to be equal even if the video quality is not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. GCC

Need a better UI design for Chat Channels - It is too confusing and non-intuitive to find active unread chats in Teams; Slack has a superior UI for doing this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. GCC

Need multiple emoji responses for a message as in Slack
    It is very useful to be able to reply to a message with a combination of emojis; One emoji is not always sufficient to convey the appropriate subtlety of meaning; multiple emojis enable a speedy but nuanced response to a chat message without having to type a long response.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hide chat popups for current meeting

When participating in a meeting and having the conversation open, if MS Teams is full screen the popup chat notifications cover the most recent chat message and the area where you can type. Popups notifications should automatically be disabled if the conversation window is open and message is from the current meeting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Share only a zone from the extended screen

When using widescreen monitor it's hard to share desktop.
    I want to be able to only share part of the screen. When using for example FancyZones in PowerTools,
    I want to be able to share just one of the zones.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Cvr

Provide (do not require) CAC access, without the dual authentication requirements. A significantly large portion of the user base, work in secure environments, without LAN line or Cell phone access. Some of us are grown up and can use a CAC on personal computers. Plus scrap the 18 hour session time out. It is just a head ache that actually reduces security because people are using the alternative number sign in, and some rando is hitting the pound sign, proving nothing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add independent meetings to teams channel after meeting occurs

Maybe I can connect the old Febraury meeting to my new teams channel - but I don't think so...
    I had a meeting about a project before deciding to proceed with project. At that moment there was no need to open a teams channel. However, a couple of weeks later, we decided to proceed with the project. Information shared in the initial meeting chat, meeting minutes, and files now resides in an unconnected meeting. The project team still references the information from that initial meeting. I can either copy everything from the meeting into the new teams channel, or keep…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Reduce clutter in chat view

The chat view gets completely cluttered with calendar event topics that I would like to hide. Perhaps they should only appear in the calendar view.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Meeting Update / Change Email Notifications - Add Delivery Options

After a Team Meeting has been created, I would like the option to only send meeting changes to one or more of the following groups.

1. To new invitee(s) only (When adding an invitee, currently all pervious invitees receive a new meeting invite. Which they have most likely already accepted.)

2. Persons who have accepted the invite (When updating meeting notes, location, etc. I would like the option to not send a notification to invitees who have declined the invite (or conversely who have accepted).

3. Option to send no meeting update when changes is made. (Some changes e.g. meeting description, are not…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. NHS

Can the application stop adding pop-up notification in the center of the screen as people join during a meeting as it interrupts the though flow and can also mask shared screen/ documents. Make smaller and to one corner perhaps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Give owner permission to delete chattposts

There are certain circumstances when it would be good if owner could delete chattposts that another owner or member have made. Perhaps with approval from manager if thats is possible.

For example. A member is no longer alive and it is hard to read the chattposts and constantly be reminded....

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add More Dancing Emojis

The current group (tree, monkey, turkey and "Travolta guy") of dancing emojis are good, but can you add another emoji of a guy or girl performing the "Carlton Dance"? See the TV show, "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" for inspiration. :-)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Team name alias

In the Microsoft Team GUI the favorite team names show up on the panel on the left. The name of the teams here are same as the team name you create. But there are situations where you want a standardized team name across the company or organization. While you want a more descriptive and adhoc name show up in the favorites panel. For eaxmple, team name need to be a standard 5 digit number say 10200. This team may be doing "Product A development". So when you see the team on the favorite panel we would like to see "Product…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. View Files outside the Chat Window

I'm in the DoD Cloud, and when files are uploaded, they can only be viewed in the Chat Room. The problem is that when numerous chats occur, that file is moved so far up the chat string that it makes the file difficult to find. Recommend having access to a separate window for Files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. My phone can unlock and recognize me, so why not the app

Stop the multiple sign ins. It’s a complete waste of my time and makes me not use the app. If all I have to do is sign in once and the phone remembers me, then uses the facial recognition afterwards it would be far superior.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I want to have an option to pop out the Chat portion of Teams, which would be incredibly helpful.

Expecting that everyone has the problem of finding your way back to where you were prior to looking at or replying to a chat. If it were still totally integrated but was capable of being viewed in it's own window, a great deal of efficiency and functionality would be the result.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base