Teams for Government

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provincial government in Canada

In Outlook, we schedule meetings in Teams. When the reminder pop up appears and I click the Join Teams button it opens my browser first then it opens the Teams desktop app. This 2 step process is clunky and time consuming, is there a way to get it to open the Teams desktop app directly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Government

There’s no availability for live captioning for calls and meetings on mobile devices. ADA compliance is being overlooked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stay signed in

I use the teams chat for an important group and I am constantly signed out of teams. I rely on a lot of these notifications for my job and aprproving risk assements. When I have been signed out I don't get any notifications. Make it an option to stay signed in! And make more than one option to verify your account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Export Team contents

I use Teams to manage projects. Please provide functionality to export the entire contents of a Team (i.e. posts, chats, uploaded files, Planner board) so it can be archived once a project is complete.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support blocking presence from included or excluded list of users within the same tenant and/or federated tenant.

DoD needs the block presence capability IAW UCR and as worded currently in Teams: i.e. "When you block someone, they can't call you from a one-on-one chat, @mention you in a one-on-one chat, or see your presence." This is not supported in DoD or GCC as stated in the application.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Website Tab in Channels

Please create a Website tab at the top of Channels, just like there is for Files. This would allow a drop down list of added links to commonly used websites for the group. Currently, each website is added as a separate tab and since my group uses many websites for reference frequently it just clutters up the tabs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it possible to remove people from video chats. Admin should be able to remove people from the active meeting.

Admin should be able to remove people from the active meeting. This should also include removing people that are called but doesnt answer. Today when someone doesnt respond to video they are left "hanging" in the meeting and they get all the chat history also.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remove Automatic Speaker Pop Up Window

It would be nice if the speaker window didn't pop up when I minimized the meeting window. I need to manually close the picture, with is rather annoying and requires a fair number of clicks on days where I have lots of meetings.

This link covers the topic nicely:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/msteams_tfb-msteams_topother/how-do-i-disable-the-popup-in-the-corner-that/e9385240-cfd9-4a85-837d-3930a23664f5?tm=1597957823871

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. US Army

This isn’t an idea - it’s a complaint. I simply chose “Notifications” because it’s one of many, many issues I’ve run into with this app. I do not get notifications half the time for any channels, messages, etc. even though they are on in every possible way.

I’m constantly kicked out of the app and made to resign in. On top of that, it means that of the few notifications I do get, I was getting even LESS because I was kicked out of the app WITHOUT KNOWING. Every single member of my unit that I’ve spoken to about Teams…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Contact group

DoD member.
    Request: Could you add an option in the Chat>Contacts>Contact Group menu to "Message this group" (in addition to the available options: Add a contact to this group, Rename this group, and Delete this group).

Background: Not sure what the purpose is of creating contact groups; thought I'd be able to go to my contacts in the chat tab and select an option to send a chat to a group I'd created, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I work for a headquarters and creating a team/channel for each group I communicate with is a little annoying…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. CVR

When using multiple cvr accounts in the Android app, one account or the other will show that I am "no longer a participant". Complete sign out and re-sign in is required to temporarily rectify.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Layout on Desktop App

1. The layout of the desktop app is terrible. There is tons of unused empty space. On top of that, things are needlessly busy and contain too much oddly formatted information. This may be in part due to the naming scheme the gov't uses, but an option should exist to create and view nicknames.

Because of this, there really isn't an option to minimize teams to a small area on your monitor. You need it maximized to be usable, but it clearly doesn't actually require that much space to be functional.

There should also be a way to minimize it to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. set voicemail

We as admins are being asked to set an users out of office message or change a user who is out of the office for one reason or another to set a message. If it an automated voice that is fine by me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. GCC?

Enable Power Automate to include the checklist when creating a planner task. I know there is a fairly involved work around in place but those of us in the government sector don't often have access to admin or other higher level functions. Seems silly to be able to automate creation of a task for a specific planner and not have the ability to include the common checklist associated with that same planner. Seems there are a ton of people on the internet asking how to do this and they are taking matters into their own hands making custom connectors. Seems…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. CVR - List - Add a field to List that allows users to create checklists within each list, like the checklist feature in Planner

CVR - List - Add a field to List that allows users to create checklists within each list, like the checklist feature in Planner. Currently you can add a numbered, or bullet list, but not a checklist where you can check off sub-tasks as you complete the list action.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move attendees between optional to required

Hi,

Please add an option to drag attendees between Required and Optionsl

Currently it's not dragabble

Thanks,
    Jassim

Emirates Angel Investors
    www.emiratesangels.org

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. GCC: Notification if an invited meeting participant is still in another meeting or double-booked

I often have meetings that begin with some attendees still being in another previous meeting, especially during COVID when folks have so many back-to-back meetings.

It is possible to ping someone "Ask to Join," but this can actually be annoying for someone on the receiving end.

It'd be great as a meeting host to see or be notified if an invited meeting participant is still in another meeting, or if they are double-booked, etc. Their hover-over status may show "In a Meeting," but this could mean either a previous meeting or my meeting -- no way to tell.

Perhaps if…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add wiki support for file:\\\ links

Add wiki support for file:\\ links currently on http:// & Https:// is supported. This requires all files to be uploaded into OneDrive, SharePoint etc, no support for network file shares

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base