Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need to make it easier to add multiple phone numbers for 2 factor authentication

Need to make it easier to add multiple phone numbers for 2 factor authentication. Cell phone and work phone because many people are teleworking from home but don’t have a cell phone on file so it calls their work number to authenticate, Or vise versa. Should be bake or go into user profile and update multiple authentication numbers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. mute a meetng

When in simultaneous teams meetings ..App and Teams Desktop.. and possibly a third (phone)... can a mute button be added to mute the audio of a meeting so one could open the mic and respond to a query in a team meeting without the other meeting hearing the reply with the other meeting talking at the same volume level. Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Click and drag adding files

Need to be able to click and drag files straight onto the word "Files" please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Increase video call from 4 to 10

The NHS Board consists of more than 4 members, so it is essential we have more than 4 video calls in the meeting. Starting to look elsewhere which can be frustrating and costly

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. notifications from individual chats or teams

I know overall notifications are in the account area, but I would like to modify notifications for individual chats or teams; if I do an overall setting I miss items in the popup flurries in any of the chats or teams and the pop ups stop mouse in its tracks and when i look in "activity" sometimes it doesn't show where activity came from and then I have to scroll through "Recent" .. or at least can chat or team with recent chatter (activity) to the top of the "Recent" list..? Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Specific stop times

Be able to start and stop meeting as specific times. Not just 30 minutes increments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The user should be able to delete users in messages and call history. I only use it for meetings and nothing else!

The user should be able to delete users in messages and call history. I only use it for meetings and nothing else!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable private side conversation while on a call

As the courts are starting to leverage video conferencing capability there is a need to enable private voice conversations within a subset of call attendees. This should be a capability that more than the call organizer/admin can trigger. Think of it as a defendant talking in private with their representative. This is not currently a capability within Zoom and would offer a compelling differentiator for Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Recovery of deleted teams

An accidentally deleted team cannot be recovered because the team is not generated between Outlook Office365 groups.

Does an Office365 Outlookgroup correspond to a team created within Teams?
    Now it seems not.
    thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Screensharing not working from MacOS Systems!

Screensharing not working from MacOS Systems!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ik mis een agenda functie voor degene die geen Exchange hebben

Ik mis een agenda functie voor degene die geen Exchange hebben

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Intégrer un module de signature numérique dans Microsoft Teams

Il serait fort appréciable que MS Teams permette la signature électronique des documents et plus particulièrement des listes de présence lors des réunions virtuelle.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Thumbs down emoji

Hi. We are using Teams for our leadership team meetings. We often have to take a vote. We found the thumbs up emoji for a YES vote but there doesn't seem to be a thumbs down emoji for a NO vote. It would be great to add that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Setting unique Notification & Ringtones for Teams (like you can for Contacts)

Exhausted "searching" efforts to set a unique Notification tone for Teams chat, calls, etc (in both phone & app settings). Want to set my tones for Teams like I can for contacts. I must leave Teams running, but at times it's critical for my sanity (and productivity) to differentiate between Teams and other notifications (many meetings).

NEEDED!...please help us :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow editting of Microsoft Word on Teams

Please revert it back from "View only" so that any Microsoft Word documents can be directly edited on Microsoft Teams rather than the current situation where we would need to open it on SharePoint or Desktop App to edit. Those options would be valued but also rather not have multiple software open.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add Rol "administrador"

Starting with Microsoft Teams it happened to me that I added several Owners and one of them deleted the team and I could not restore it.

An administrator "Role" is required to prevent another owner from deleting the Team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Pop out chat/channels/meetings

Ability to segregate chat, channel, meeting and documents (especially when opening up doc).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create a "People" tab in the far left column, so that I can view all (or some) members

Create a "People" tab in the far left column, so that I can view all (or some) members. The "People" button could be placed right under "Teams" and would display a page of all members listed with their profile pictures (enlarged thumbnails) and names. This option could also allow filtering to view certain groups of people (e.g., depending on the Team they belong to, I might only want to view all the members and their pictures from Team Alpha). This would enable users to better acquaint themselves with members in the organization within a virtual environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base