Teams for Government

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable users to set "Don't Show Chat Bubbles" as the default

How about allowing users the option to NOT have the "Show Chat Bubbles" as the default meeting setting. I do not like having chat bubbles popping up can covering meeting content, especially when I have a number of meetings that the chats are used extensively for frivolous communications.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Accessibility issue - Ability to view pinned meeting participants when someone is sharing their screen

Please bring back the option to view pinned participants instead of the screen that is being shared when logging in to MS Teams using the app. The spotlight function does not make them big enough.

I work as a sign language interpreter and the Deaf clients we work with are struggling with the new changes to MS Teams, as we are not able to bring the pinned participants from the gallery back on to the main screen when someone is sharing the screen. We are having to try and read back what they are signing from a small tile in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create a favorites for meeting notes.

I use meeting notes for a reoccurring meeting to document my agenda through out the week. I've not found a way to go directly to the notes, but must join the meeting and access the notes from there. I want to create a favorite or pin the notes. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Position participants

We lost the option to choose the position of the icons of participants who have no webcam image. Now we can only choose on top or on the side. The option to show the icons at the bottom was more user-friendly, allowing a better view of the meeting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Large Gallery don't return

We lost an important functionality in the updates carried out in May/2021. Being in a large gallery, when highlighting a participant, in the return we only have 9 participants on the main screen. Before the update, it returned to the large gallery, not losing the configuration.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Send meeting updates only to people added/deleted to/from meeting

In Outlook when you add or delete a person from a meeting you get a choice whether to update all or just the people that have been added/deleted. This option is not available in Teams and it results in many un-necessary emails to attendees who are not affected by the change.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Save video setting for recurring meetings

For recurring meetings, save the setting of joining with or without video and on or off of mute from the last time you entered that recurring meeting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Audio Conference Dial in numbers attached to 365 group

Recently we lost all the phone numbers we were paying for with our shared Mailboxes. We are told they can't be restored. We REQUIRE the ability for high level teams to collaboratively handle calendar events and run critical meetings.

We have a real headaches now. No one can take time off, get covid, retire, or get hit by a car. A single lead is out and everything is locked up if they set up the meeting...ridiculous. This business need runs across every business in America! We need multiple users with full control of a centralized user account, calendar, meeting, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Prevent users from joining a meeting uninvited. (GCC/GCCH)

Add a setting to prevent users who are not a member of the Team/O365 Group from joining the Teams meeting. This setting should exist in the Outlook client as well as the Teams client, web app, and mobile app.

Similarly, prevent people who were not invited directly by the meeting organizer from joining the meeting. (e.g., meeting invite was forwarded or meeting link was copied and sent to user who was not directly invited).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. DOD

Being able to record meetings. We would like to record training meetings so that we can share them between shifts more easily. It is difficult to get all shifts together for training and this would be a quick way to remedy the difficulty. We could record one meeting and then share and replay amongst those who need it making a much smoother workday for all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. User will be able to rename his/her displayed name

I wish there is a feature in Teams meetings wherein you could rename your displayed name (and/or the organizer) so that instead of the name of the account holder you could change it to represent an office or a location. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Record any shared screen and not just shared full desktop

Please add any shared screens to meeting recording vs requiring users to share desktop. If user is presenting slides they don't get recorded.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. DoD

Allow mobile app to authenticate with fingerprint recognition. I get multiple teams messages throughout the day and the constant prompt for login and verification through text is frustrating. Especially when the app gives me enough time to read the message then the pop-ups for login and verification come up so i have to spend a few moments to log back in, verify, and then fi ally reply.

This would maintain security with the end user as well as make the app more enjoyable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Questions re chat and ending meeting

Questions re chat and ending meeting

We are using Teams to run meetings with people/ service users external to the organisation.

We have come across 2 problems.

1/ How to remove a meeting from Teams once the programme of sessions has ended .

2/ We found that we cannot remove posts in chats . Only the person posing can do so . This can be a problem if a participant posts personal information i.e. telephone number of e mail. The organiser can delete the chat or the meeting.

Any ideas of how to get around this ?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. teams meeting delegates

give the meeting room delegate access to a presenter or the normal user.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Breakout Rooms + Images

Add the ability to share images/graphics with all of the Breakout rooms. Currently, only text is possible.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix screensharing on linux (DOD)

Hello, I am running ubuntu 18.04. I installed the microsoft teams client from the debians maybe 6 months ago. The screensharing option used to work in calls. Then, one day, about two or three months ago, it stopped working. When I click the share button, there aren't any screen selections to click on. This issue happened to all of my coworkers running linux at the same time, so it is probably due to an update.

Since we primarily use linux, this is a big issue. Fixing this glitch would make microsoft teams a lot better for anyone who uses linux…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. TEAMS

Is there a feature in Teams by which we could open the meeting notes and the discussions are transcribed automatically without having to type? Similar to using the mic feature on MS word. This would be useful for accessibility, people with RSI who need to take minutes that go for hours.

I know we can record the meeting and type later. MS word has a transcribe feature but when used in Teams it doesn't work properly, continuously and consistently. I am trying to cut down the post meeting typing time and save person from hand injury. I posted this in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base