Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Live Event Enable Q&A By Default

Please allow the Live Event policy to change the default behavior of Q&A so that we can turn it on by default.

It seams like 99% of live events want the Q&A so it should be on by default and off if requested.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Crv and civ teams

Everthing about teams is chunky its not a smooth program to run. Zoom os a much smoother user friends programe to use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Göteborgs Stad

Include AI noise removal from meetings like nvidia, crisp and others have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hide participants bar at the bottom of MS Teams

While using DoD/CVR MS Teams during course instruction with many participants and a presentation, the bar of participants is always shown at bottom side of the meeting screen, even when in the new large gallery view. It takes up screen space and reduces the ability to see all the participants. Additionally it seems redundant to have the gallery view, and the participant bar. Could there be a way to hide the bar when you don't need it to be there, so more participants can be seen on the screen? It helps with the span of control in a learning environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Avg, video opname

Als een video opname is gestart in een meeting en een deelnemer die later betrokken wordt bij de meeting niet heeft ingestemd voor de opname de gelegenheid geven om de opname te verwijderen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Fix screensharing on linux (DOD)

Hello, I am running ubuntu 18.04. I installed the microsoft teams client from the debians maybe 6 months ago. The screensharing option used to work in calls. Then, one day, about two or three months ago, it stopped working. When I click the share button, there aren't any screen selections to click on. This issue happened to all of my coworkers running linux at the same time, so it is probably due to an update.

Since we primarily use linux, this is a big issue. Fixing this glitch would make microsoft teams a lot better for anyone who uses linux…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. TEAMS

Is there a feature in Teams by which we could open the meeting notes and the discussions are transcribed automatically without having to type? Similar to using the mic feature on MS word. This would be useful for accessibility, people with RSI who need to take minutes that go for hours.

I know we can record the meeting and type later. MS word has a transcribe feature but when used in Teams it doesn't work properly, continuously and consistently. I am trying to cut down the post meeting typing time and save person from hand injury. I posted this in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. GCC kuwait, Ministry Of Education, Public Education

Hello, I have a recurring problem with the raise hand function. Because sometimes I don’t want to answer but rather ask a question and so it wastes time and causes the teacher to get off point. So i would suggest that you make a specific button to ask questions with the symbols of a question mark. Thank you for your cooperation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provincial government in Canada

In Outlook, we schedule meetings in Teams. When the reminder pop up appears and I click the Join Teams button it opens my browser first then it opens the Teams desktop app. This 2 step process is clunky and time consuming, is there a way to get it to open the Teams desktop app directly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. الله يبعدكم مننا

مافي نشبه اكثر منكم

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Government

There’s no availability for live captioning for calls and meetings on mobile devices. ADA compliance is being overlooked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it possible to remove people from video chats. Admin should be able to remove people from the active meeting.

Admin should be able to remove people from the active meeting. This should also include removing people that are called but doesnt answer. Today when someone doesnt respond to video they are left "hanging" in the meeting and they get all the chat history also.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Remove Automatic Speaker Pop Up Window

It would be nice if the speaker window didn't pop up when I minimized the meeting window. I need to manually close the picture, with is rather annoying and requires a fair number of clicks on days where I have lots of meetings.

This link covers the topic nicely:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/msteamstfb-msteamstopother/how-do-i-disable-the-popup-in-the-corner-that/e9385240-cfd9-4a85-837d-3930a23664f5?tm=1597957823871

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Payment Gateway Integration

Please add an option to integrate with various payment gateways for paid events so the event invitation will also include the payment link and then only people who were invited and paid should be able to attend the event.

Thanks,
    Jassim

www.emiratesangels.org

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. In CVR, add meeting I'm attending to my calendar

If a user has a link to a recurring Teams meeting, that they got (for example) from someone in an email or otherwise, They can join the meeting just fine.

However, I'd like users to have the ability to add the meeting to their Teams calendar.

I and some of my colleagues have several recurring meetings that for various reasons (which I won't expound upon here just now) we have created in Outlook, and pasted in the meeting details in the body of the invite. This works just fine, but the meeting does not appear on the participants' Teams calendar.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If i have teams call me for audio and I hang up the phone my computer meeting should also hang up.

When I hang up I sometimes leave meetings open for hours marking me away. This is suboptimal. Yes I know I can just remember to hang up but sometimes I forget.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. NIPR

Do away with pin to cellphones for TFA. No personal phones authorized .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. GCC need to see attendees when presenting PowerPoints

Would like to see attendees when presenting powerpoint slides so I can see my audience's reactions, body language, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. You tube video sharing during meet on mobile

Please set option of video sharing during meeting on Mobile like youtube video or any other. Now you given only this on laptop/PC only

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Double click to Edit attendees

Sometimes we mistype an email address so why do we need everytime to delete and enter again

Please add an option to double click the attendee to edit the email

Thanks,
    Jassim

Emirates Angel Investors Association

www.emiratesangels.org

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)