Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for presenter to see chat and hand raised

In Teams meetings, the presenter cannot monitor the chat box or the hands raised, which makes presenting really clunky. Inevitably someone needs to monitor the chat box and interrupt the presenter rather than allowing the presenter to handle it when they want.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Switch calls between devices

A user should have the ability to start a call on one device and transfer the call the another device to continue the conversation without having to disconnect the call

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple shared screens

Medical teams are running clinical meetings. We want to be able to share multiple screens at once. Eg radiology, clinical portal. Might driven by two different people.
    When i am viewing a meeting i want spread views over multiple displays so radiology is large.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Delete call history

Add button to delete call history and chat history

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please add functionality to Team application

I work in state government and we use Teams. I have also used a different meeting application in my non-profit role. There are some features I really miss when I'm in Teams. Please add: whiteboard functionality and breakout room capability. You recently added the ability to see 9 videos at once, but you can't scroll through screens to show more individuals who have video on. I would love the ability to see all video participants.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Paste a list of attendees emails into Teams Meeting invite.

Have the ability to copy and paste a list of emails into the required attendees when inviting people to a Teams meeting. Major pain having to add one by one, especially when there are a large number.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow presenter to be in presenter mode and also view the list of participants

When I'm presenting and sharing my screen, I can't also see the participant list to know who's on, unmuted, etc. I would like to have the participant list open while presenting. Right now, I need to cut away from what I'm presenting to see the list... which interrupts the flow of my presentation.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Send To Lobby

Send To Lobby

Hi,
    I wonder if it's possible make an option to send someone to the lobby again.
    I'm using Teams to take some court hearing, and one can't hear what other is saying. Every time I need to remove the person, and ask to rejoin and wait again in the Lobby, but sometimes people doesn't understand and left the meeting... It's quite anoying.

Another option would be to put someone in hold.

Could you do this, please??

Thanks

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Pop-out Chat and/or Participants window options within Meetings

As a Teams Meeting user, I would like the ability to enhance my options for viewing the Chat (or meeting conversation) and/or the Participants List with a "pop-out" feature.

The ability to pop-out these areas (similar to the existing fly-out or pop-out option for a Teams personal chat) would allow users to:

• Enable an option to utilize the Meeting screen real estate more efficiently when viewing and/or sharing content and video.
    • Permit users to resize the amount of space the pop-out chat or participant list takes up on their individual monitor(s) or screen(s) with ease.
    • Allow users…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable share system audio for Team Live Event on GCC, so that we can share a video with audio.

The commercial cloud has this enabled already. You're able to share a video as content during a live event and include the system audio. However, GCC doesn't have this feature. Please enable this for GCC!!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow phone / mobile and computer login simultaneously (multiple devices)

Please make it possible to join a meeting simultaneously using a single account with multiple devices, enabling phone audio (with app mute controls) and computer for chat.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. MTR Teams - support second MTR camera (front & rear) for presenter / training spaces

On the Skype for Business MTR (SRS v2) there is the ability to connect 2 video cameras to the room system and users can toggle between the cameras during a call if required. (front and rear camera)
    This is a crucial capability for a number of business use cases such as presenting to a remote audience or training sessions to local and virtual participants.
    Please enable this feature on the Teams MTR and allow the selection of which should be default and allow renaming of the cameras (for a usable and differing name via settings features).
    We have gov clients…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Let Schedule Meeting invite entire team vs individual users

When scheduling meetings, add the ability to invite an entire team versus individual users. As of right now, you can only select what channel to meet in.

This does not allow for individual users to accept/decline/tentative the scheduled meeting and the scheduled meeting does not show up in individual user calendars.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow administrators to block "call me" options in Teams meetings while allowing organizers to call attendees.

The 'call me' option for attendees in teams is costing a fortune in PTSN calls. Administrators need the ability to turn this option off, while still allowing meeting organizers to add dial out to phone users/numbers.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please add ability to promote attendee to presenter live in a MS Live Event for GCC

Please add ability to promote attendee to presenter live in a MS Live Event for GCC. Having a live attendee list visible to presenters and producers would also be helpful. Downloading a spreadsheet during an event is not ideal.

Thank you!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sequential order of "Raising of the hand" to follow non presenters in meetings

We currently represent a Government IT department (Provincial Parliament in South Africa). We are using Teams predominantly in our remote work scenario since Covid 19 took stage. We have had great success with introducing Teams as a vehicle to facilitate our Parliamentary Sittings and meetings for Members of Parliament and staff. It works very well but for a few feature issues:
    Raise your hand feature:

• Very good feature which predictably organizes the sequence of input from meetings.
    • Issue raised: For Attendees joining the meeting, there is no sequence of “raising the hand” to let the Chairperson know the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Presenter having option to turn on video and Unmute attendees when required

Presenter having option to turn on video and Unmute attendees when required

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable Virtual Backgrounds

This feature is disabled on the Navy's CVR platform. You will have more folks use video if they can use this harmless feature to hide their personal spaces and lighten up their video feed.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show all participants on the screen

I would like to be able to see all meeting participants on my screen, rather than just the 3 who have most recently spoken.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base