Teams for Government

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the 'Reactions' into the quick reply box that appears when the Banner pops up to alert you of a new message.

As the little banner pops up on the bottom right hand corner alerting me of a new message, it helpful adds a text box, so I can do a 'quick reply'. It would be useful if the reactions were added here, so I could do a really quick acknowledgement type of reply, instead of having to reply on typing text.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notifier

The notifier for teams on pc is woefully inadequate. When I am working and I have several windows open, my focus is not in Teams. Sometimes messages go unnoticed because the notifier is too tame. An instant message, by its nature, should need immediate attention. Please allow us to customize the notifier so that we can change the sound, increase the volume and change the focus.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Notification tweaks (there's too many for chat conversations)

Notifications have become an issue. If I am on Teams via my Windows 10 client AND actively participating in a chat conversation, my phone sitting next to me should not be dinging every single time someone enters a new chat message. Teams should be aware when I am using it and will focus its notifications and attention to the device I'm using it on

Additionally, if there is an active chat I am not taking part of, I DO want that notification, but I don't want my phone going off 1,000 times while I'm ignoring that conversation. There should be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Flag me for Voice or Video

Show me what kind of call I'm getting so I can answer in kind.

There's always this awkward transition when you're in a different format from your team mate; one of you has to add or remove video to match. Show me what kind of call is coming in so I can answer in kind.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow moving notifications to an area where they are less likely to be missed.

My configuration has four monitors and notifications currently pop up outside of the field of vision where I do most of my work. I often leave my headphones plugged in and do not hear the audio signals. It would be nice to be able to move notifications to appear right in the middle of my main screen or to have some other, optional method to get my attention, such as a screen flash or a kick in the shin, anything bolder to get my attention. - FAA/DOT user

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. DOD

sound notification too short and too soft compare to skype (have maxed volume on laptop). Need an ability to increase sound notification length and make it louder or be able to change it like in skype

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I need to have constant access and notifications for two separate orgs

I need to use teams for my civilian employment and my national guard role. I need to be reachable for both, so it is not enough to be able to switch back and forth.
    Thank you

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. US Army

This isn’t an idea - it’s a complaint. I simply chose “Notifications” because it’s one of many, many issues I’ve run into with this app. I do not get notifications half the time for any channels, messages, etc. even though they are on in every possible way.

I’m constantly kicked out of the app and made to resign in. On top of that, it means that of the few notifications I do get, I was getting even LESS because I was kicked out of the app WITHOUT KNOWING. Every single member of my unit that I’ve spoken to about Teams…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. set voicemail

We as admins are being asked to set an users out of office message or change a user who is out of the office for one reason or another to set a message. If it an automated voice that is fine by me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow admins to create a banner in Teams to display to all users

We need to message all users that their information in Unclassified and that files should be stored outside of Teams as it is not secure.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow popup window to be disabled

I like the sound cue, but not the popup window, and I can't disable just the latter in Notifications. The popup window is annoying for me: 1) it pops up right over a Teams message I'm currently typing in and I have to wait for it to go away to continue typing, 2) In share screen meeting mode I don't want people to see who is messaging me. I've searched for fixes and not found one, if there is please email. I love Teams, just not this lack of customization for notifications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. create something to disable phone calls for those without a microphone or allow redirect to a desktop phone.

Prevent phone calls for those without a microphone or redirect phone call to desktop phone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Better notification options in Lists

Choice of automated notifications when members are added to a object in Lists. And to all members in the object when deadline approaches.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hide chat popups for current meeting

When participating in a meeting and having the conversation open, if MS Teams is full screen the popup chat notifications cover the most recent chat message and the area where you can type. Popups notifications should automatically be disabled if the conversation window is open and message is from the current meeting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. NHS

Can the application stop adding pop-up notification in the center of the screen as people join during a meeting as it interrupts the though flow and can also mask shared screen/ documents. Make smaller and to one corner perhaps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notifications

When I open my app, or I get a notification, it does not go straight to the newest message. I have to scroll through all teams, groups and threads to hopefully find the newest message or post.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. expand notifications

Expand notifications to include updates to new list app. This list app has enormous potential for collaboration, but is seriously hampered if channel users are not informed of updates.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. User Available Notification

Can we increase the user available notification from 15 to at least 30.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base