Teams for Government

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assignment page

It is really annoying, because everytime you want to view the assignment, first you have to choose the channel. It would be much better if it was as before. Just view the newest assignments, so the people don't have to click on each channel to find it out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. App on Android is not updating chats from the desktop app

Android app is not updating real time and lacks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Disable the automatic start up when you sign on and redesign the UI

Disable the automatic start up. It takes too long. Redesign the UI. It’s clunky looking and not intuitive

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Status that shows Teams Chat was joined from a mobile device / iPhone

Our work-from-home team of about 20 people supporting U.S. Government just switched from Skype to MS Teams.

Mostly now with Teams we have a group chat session running 24/7/365. All users are running Win10 for desktop and iPhone’s with ‘Office’ installed that includes Teams, all devices join over a corporate VPN.

Can you consider a setting for Teams Chat that will enable us to see that a person has joined from their Mobile device (iPhone) rather than from their Desktop?

Thanks a Lot!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Grammarly app

Staff using Grammarly would like it integrated with Teams and SharePoint

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. CVR

Add better two step verification or give the option to opt out of two step. My cell phone service is terrible at my house so I constantly have trouble getting signed in, would be nice to get the access code sent to an alternate email address.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. DOD email

It would be great if DOD would take over Agency email so MS Office/Teams was centrally managed. Not having email in the CVR environment hurts productivity and COST is increased with each organization doing its own thing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Distribution Groups

Please allow email Distribution Groups to create a team in chat. This function that improved the communication in our medical facility in Skype is sorely missed. If there is any possibility of getting Skype back my staff would be eternally grateful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. App

Designate another person to start a meeting that i have scheduled.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. USArmy

Fix your security so we can stay logged in and not have to log in everyday. We are teleworking. It's our primary way of communicating. Why make it more difficult than it needs to be.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. CVR

When using multiple cvr accounts in the Android app, one account or the other will show that I am "no longer a participant". Complete sign out and re-sign in is required to temporarily rectify.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. GCC?

Enable Power Automate to include the checklist when creating a planner task. I know there is a fairly involved work around in place but those of us in the government sector don't often have access to admin or other higher level functions. Seems silly to be able to automate creation of a task for a specific planner and not have the ability to include the common checklist associated with that same planner. Seems there are a ton of people on the internet asking how to do this and they are taking matters into their own hands making custom connectors. Seems…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Tasks Accessible in Mobile App

Tasks should be accessible in the mobile app. Right now, when I select a task tab in a channel, it opens the link in my internet browser, and the page it takes me to is extremely clunky and doesn't allow me to scroll through the takes details.

I want to use the task tab for trouble tickets, which would all both those submitting and those managing trouble tickets to stay on top of progress on their mobile device. That capability is made significantly less convenient by how clunky the system currently is.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. GCC HIGH

Please enable Teams Rooms for GCC High environment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It should not be lacking to much and it should use less Mobile data

It should not be lacking too much and it should use less mobile data. This app needs too much mobile data which is really awful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Which CDN is Teams GCC using?

I know the Teams provided background images come from a static CDN endpoint.

The O365 CDNs are not available to GCC, however, per this article:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/use-office-365-cdn-with-spo (updated Feb 19, 2020)

Therefore, I want to know which CDN(s) does Teams use in GCC?
    Which CDNs are providing the Teams backgrounds, and which other ones are in use elsewhere in GCC?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. DailyBot for Standups

Incorporate DailyBot to support stand-ups and follow-ups with the team:

https://www.dailybot.com/integrations/microsoft-teams

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow use of Planner app independent of a Team

I would like to be able to use Planner to plan my work for multiple teams, not just one team

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base