Teams for Government

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support blocking presence from included or excluded list of users within the same tenant and/or federated tenant.

DoD needs the block presence capability IAW UCR and as worded currently in Teams: i.e. "When you block someone, they can't call you from a one-on-one chat, @mention you in a one-on-one chat, or see your presence." This is not supported in DoD or GCC as stated in the application.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Website Tab in Channels

Please create a Website tab at the top of Channels, just like there is for Files. This would allow a drop down list of added links to commonly used websites for the group. Currently, each website is added as a separate tab and since my group uses many websites for reference frequently it just clutters up the tabs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. CVR - List - Add a field to List that allows users to create checklists within each list, like the checklist feature in Planner

CVR - List - Add a field to List that allows users to create checklists within each list, like the checklist feature in Planner. Currently you can add a numbered, or bullet list, but not a checklist where you can check off sub-tasks as you complete the list action.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. GCC

Would like to see channels on Teams have a pop out feature. Some users have asked if they can have a channel pop out as a new window to reference documents or other material as needed without leaving their primary channels that are being worked on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Get rid of rapists in GIFs

When you search, "Jello," in GIF's, there's an option featuring Bill Cosby. I get the connection but really? Let's stop giving that convicted serial ****** any platform, please.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow setting on phone to only use WiFi. Had work vc and forgot mobile data on. now have 85% of monthly quota used in 1x day...

Allow setting on phone to only use WiFi. Had work vc and forgot mobile data on. now have 85% of monthly quota used in 1x day. Why is there no feature banning using mobile data on Android?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Link accounts

It would be great if you logged into dod.teams it would like your cvr and personnel accounts I to one

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Rol "administrador"

Starting with Microsoft Teams it happened to me that I added several Owners and one of them deleted the team and I could not restore it.

An administrator "Role" is required to prevent another owner from deleting the Team.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. login company warning acceptance window for hipaa during microsof teams signin

warning window for the user to accept wen they log in each time into the teams app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Minimized popup

When in a teams meeting and you minimize teams. It would be great to have the same popup as Skype for business does. Allowing to unmute and hang up and recover meeting fast.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. groups as folders to not have as many TEAMS in view

Good evening, I am a group administrator, I wanted to know if there will be the possibility of grouping groups into higher ranking groups such as folders so as not to have as many TEAMS in sight

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams don’t work on my Fedora/Linux machine, it’s says access restricted on all the versions that I have installed

Teams don’t work well on Linux platforms specially my team is having Debian, fedora

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Co-Organizers for Teams Meetings and Breakout Rooms

Allow for Co-Organizers for Teams Meetings and Breakout Rooms. This would allow multiple people to manage Breakout Rooms and meetings. Also if the primary organizer is out the co-organizer can still make modifications to the meetings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create an archive feature for Teams channels, conversations & files

It would be great to see features that allow us to archive channels & conversations that no longer used but instead of deleting can archive for documentation purposes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. caption

streamline a process to allow for expanding or correcting AI captioning.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Change camera hotkey in Teams

suggest add a hotkey to quickly/easily switch between cameras. eg change to a usb document camera. Even better multiple hotkeys so that any one of 3 or more usb cameras can be selected. eg person/document/microscope etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow us to set our own default Team or channel that we open to

When I open Teams I default to a Team that I'm a member of, not the one I created for my staff. That doesn't make sense to me. I want to be able to change my default.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 911 ringing

When our users are dialing 911, they don't get a ringtone. This causes them to get confused and hang-up thinking the call isn't going through. They resort to using their cellphones to call 911 each time this happens. Ringing should occur with every no matter if it's emergency or non

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base