Teams for Government

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Permitir o apagamento de mensagens.

Apagar mensagens permite controlar o fluxo de mensagem lidas, deixando apenas as importantes. Num grupo o fluxo de mensagens é intenso. Fica difícil saber onde paramos a leitura.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow a user to flag a message in teams chat and have it populate to the "to do" application

Allow a user to flag a message in teams chat and have it populate to the "to do" application. This is possible for flagged e-mails, and would be useful for chat messages

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow Team Owners to take control of meeting

Provide Team Owners the ability to take control of a meeting, replacing the current Organizer.

This provides a back-up for when the organizer is absent and does not require as much re-coding as adding a co-organizer feature {which still would be good to have!}

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow multiple chat conversations to be selected simultaneously

I would like to select multiple conversations at the same time in order to hide/archive or delete them. This would help keep an organized and clutter-free Chat section in MS Teams. This can be done by converting user profile photos into checkboxes and/or holding the Shift key down and selecting multiple chats.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable "closed" channels that members can choose to follow.

Currently, Teams has public which is everyone and private which requires owner engagement to maintain. Getting multiple @[channel] notifications from all of the channels in a Team is too much for someone that may only need information from one of the channels. Recommend adding a "closed" channel option that anyone within the Team can join or leave so they can choose to monitor or participate in as needed. In a public channel, @[channel] gives notifications to everyone in the Team. A closed channel would allow @[closed channel] to notify only the people that choose to join that channel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Give owner permission to delete chattposts

There are certain circumstances when it would be good if owner could delete chattposts that another owner or member have made. Perhaps with approval from manager if thats is possible.

For example. A member is no longer alive and it is hard to read the chattposts and constantly be reminded....

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I want to have an option to pop out the Chat portion of Teams, which would be incredibly helpful.

Expecting that everyone has the problem of finding your way back to where you were prior to looking at or replying to a chat. If it were still totally integrated but was capable of being viewed in it's own window, a great deal of efficiency and functionality would be the result.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Filter events in Channels by date of actual event/meeting time

Need feature added so events in Teams/ Channels is by date of actual event.
    If meeting time link is added on Saturday to Teams Channel but actual meeting is not until Monday. Now have to search back through until you can find event that was added Saturday. If participants don't add to calendar its a mess to find.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Put Teams Templates into GCC

Add the Templates function for Teams to the GCC like it is currently in Commercial Tenant

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. GCC

Give the ability of the team/channel owner to remove the general chat from a channel and set an app in its place. If you have a channel called daily reports of a MS Form, you don't want users to dig for that form, just go to that channel and the form is the first thing they see. There are so many use cases for this.

GCC
    GCC High

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow channels to be formatted as chats rather than conversations.

allow team channels to be configured as "linear" or "conversation" mode, where "linear" mode is similar to a chat type experience where messages are sequential rather than being "form posts+reply" style.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. @mention specific list item in GCC chat or channel post.

It would be great if a team member could @mention a specific list item in the context of the channel posts or a chat message. This would better integrate Lists with the rest of teams in a similar manner to how one can reference a document or a person.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Resigning in every 18 hours

Resigning in the morning delays response time and communication effectiveness if I need to ensure everyone gets a message early in the morning teams is not the app I use

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Wiki Search

Information within the Wiki feature of Teams does not appear to be searchable.

Wiki is a great tool and I love it, however, we have stopped using it because it is so difficult to find things when you get a lot of content.

Please include Wiki pages in Teams search.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can I make "share audio" permanent/default when sharing my screen? - in GCC

Would love to have the ability to make the share audio (On) when sharing my screen - Permanent.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stay signed in

I use the teams chat for an important group and I am constantly signed out of teams. I rely on a lot of these notifications for my job and aprproving risk assements. When I have been signed out I don't get any notifications. Make it an option to stay signed in! And make more than one option to verify your account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export Team contents

I use Teams to manage projects. Please provide functionality to export the entire contents of a Team (i.e. posts, chats, uploaded files, Planner board) so it can be archived once a project is complete.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base