Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New posts in teams mobile

In teams, Chat on mobile shows the number of new or unread posts, but it doesn't tell me which ones they are. I have 3 new items, but can't figure out where they are. I have about 12 that are bold, some of those are old meetings , not sure why they are still bold. I can't filter to just show the 3 new ones either. How do I find the new ones?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Resigning in every 18 hours

Resigning in the morning delays response time and communication effectiveness if I need to ensure everyone gets a message early in the morning teams is not the app I use

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Wiki Search

Information within the Wiki feature of Teams does not appear to be searchable.

Wiki is a great tool and I love it, however, we have stopped using it because it is so difficult to find things when you get a lot of content.

Please include Wiki pages in Teams search.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make the caption show more than 2 lines at a time

Make the caption show more than 2 lines at a time so if the user looks away for a few seconds he is not lost.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can I make "share audio" permanent/default when sharing my screen? - in GCC

Would love to have the ability to make the share audio (On) when sharing my screen - Permanent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Can you please maki it less lagy on a computer. By upgrading the servers

I would like for you to make a less lagy application by upgrading your hardware or software

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Change password

How can teacher change the password for personal profile. So no one can change configuration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Stop requiring an access code every time I log out

I work in an area where I can’t have my phone next to me. So every day I try to login I have to run outside get my phone go to the front of the building because there’s no signal get the access code run back to my desk and type it in it’s very annoying and it makes me not want to use teams at all

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. color for pop out chats

Multiple pop out chats become confusing sameness on the desktop. Can one recolor the top bar or background, or even a square or other shape on the top near the chat name to separate and highlight conversations and can the team chat/contact area allow color squares to match the pop out chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Org-Wide Configuration of Teams Lists Gallery Templates.

When a user creates a new List in Teams, they are presented with a gallery of list templates. Not all templates are appropriate for the organization, so customization (eg: add/remove) would be ideal.

For example: in healthcare, users are presented with Patients List template, but hospital policy does not allow for its use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams

Be able to start a video meeting chat via my phone/app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export Team contents

I use Teams to manage projects. Please provide functionality to export the entire contents of a Team (i.e. posts, chats, uploaded files, Planner board) so it can be archived once a project is complete.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Website Tab in Channels

Please create a Website tab at the top of Channels, just like there is for Files. This would allow a drop down list of added links to commonly used websites for the group. Currently, each website is added as a separate tab and since my group uses many websites for reference frequently it just clutters up the tabs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. City of Houston

Please add for government accounts the ability to pin a specific participant to the center block in a 9 screen setup and to one block out of the center three rows in a 49 participant setup. For governments the public needs to see the Mayor at all times and not far left or far right. Extremely important for governmental entities that use TEAMS in a broadcasting setup to a TV channel and streaming to social media platforms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. teams

no es bueno que teams cambie mi esado automaticamente, siempre esta sapeando si estoy inactivo, yo deberia poder decir como me muestro, o si quiero que sepan que estoy inactivo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. va

Why in the world would someone create a product called TEAMS and not allow you to create a meeting in the future of the entire team without being able to just select the team? If you have a team of more than 3 or 4, it becomes ridiculous.

All I want to do is be able to schedule a meeting within TEAMS or a Channel and have it then notify everyone in my team of the appt just like in Outlook.They can then accept or not. And they should be notified when it is scheduled, not when the meeting begins.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. NASA JSC: TEAMS Security question by user

Is it safe to post complete IP addresses in a group. LAN group of engineers talking about various IP problems.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base