Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase number of checklist items within tasks (state gov't)

Planner has been great for project management however many tasks I have far exceed the current 20 checklist item/task cap (one has 450 items that need checked off as they're completed by multiple people) - even if they could be bumped up to a 100 item/task cap that'd be great - thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable MS Forms Tab/Create Poll After Meeting has Started

Please add the ability to enable the MS Forms tab/option and create a new poll once a meeting has already started, especially when the MS Forms tab was not enabled in advance of the meeting start.

Scenario
    There are many times when we did not enable the MS Forms tab to a meeting prior to it starting and thus we cannot add/create a poll once the meeting is running. In this scenario, we need the ability to enable the MS Forms tab to an already running meeting and then create a poll to launch, all during the live/running meeting. Also…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. DoD

Allow mobile app to authenticate with fingerprint recognition. I get multiple teams messages throughout the day and the constant prompt for login and verification through text is frustrating. Especially when the app gives me enough time to read the message then the pop-ups for login and verification come up so i have to spend a few moments to log back in, verify, and then fi ally reply.

This would maintain security with the end user as well as make the app more enjoyable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. GCC - Teams breakout room enhancement

Allow for set up of breakout rooms prior to an event. Specifically, allow participants and documents to be added to a breakout room prior to an event.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. GCC - Breakout room enhancement

Allow multiple organizers so when using breakout rooms, more than one person can bounce from room to room without the one organizer having to manually move support from room to room. Having multiple organizers helps when there is more than one person delivering a training or facilitating a meeting/event.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Questions re chat and ending meeting

Questions re chat and ending meeting

We are using Teams to run meetings with people/ service users external to the organisation.

We have come across 2 problems.

1/ How to remove a meeting from Teams once the programme of sessions has ended .

2/ We found that we cannot remove posts in chats . Only the person posing can do so . This can be a problem if a participant posts personal information i.e. telephone number of e mail. The organiser can delete the chat or the meeting.

Any ideas of how to get around this ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. GCC High Breakout Rooms

We would like the breakout room capability in Teams for GCC High tenants.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dont auto sign out

The app automatically signs me out daily. While this might be an intentional security feature, it prevents me from quickly and reliably communicating with my team until I log back in. Either increase this period for 5 days before auto sign out or ensure simple chat messages can still be sent and received somehow. My team had to recent back to messy group texts since teams could not be counted on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. مو كويس

مره مخيس

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow for revalidating a Team via phone.

Allow Team owners to be able to revalidate a team via phone profile.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to Record Phone Calls

Please add the ability to record phone calls (and save the recordings locally). Include a toggle in settings to turn off the automated message informing the other party the call is being recorded. I am an investigator working in a state with a one-party consent law. If a respondent knows we're recording them it can negatively impact the outcome of our case.

To absolve Microsoft of legal liability, toggling off the automated notification can produce a pop-up that requires the user to check a box confirming they are in a one-party consent state and assume responsibility for any legal action…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Notifications

When I open my app, or I get a notification, it does not go straight to the newest message. I have to scroll through all teams, groups and threads to hopefully find the newest message or post.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a thumbs up emoji in a meeting along with raise hand icon

sometimes presenters will ask if we can see something or if we like something in a meeting. Right now our only option is to raise our end. Would be nice if we could give a thumbs up to indicate they say something we like, or we agree with them, or give them an answer (if we are muted and/or don't have camera).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automatic sign in on phones

It is very annoying having to always re-sign into my account every time I open the app on my phone. Make it so I can just click on the app and open it, instead of having to type my password, then call to verify and press the # sign. This is very inefficient and inconvenient.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. File Mgmt

Like any other file system, I should be able to MOVE FOLDERS and not just files. Imagine having folders inside folders that are inside many other folders and each folder including important files. Now imagine the folder organization was made by a Private, someone who's terrible at organizing, or simply the organization needs to be optimized or updated. You have these multitudes of files and folders that you'll have to download onto your desktop just to move files around. Like come on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix Excel

Excel on MSTeams should have all the same features as regular excel. Certain formatting and text orientations are not supported and jumbles text, making professionally made products on the desktop transferred to MSTeams, to look completely unprofessional. Imagine creating a splendid spreadsheet on the desktop, posting it to a meeting with a high ranking individual to view, and it looks like garbage. For example, I had created a maintenance man hour tracker with people's names shown at a diagonal angle. When I posted it to MSTeams for my supervisor to view, everyone's name were scrambled looking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base