Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. م

ما احب التيمز ولا المدرسه

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. تغيير الصورة الشخصية

أريد تغيير صورتي الشخصية

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Simplify feature purchasing

Per all 365 tools, large institutions often have cumbersome purchase processes. Paying extra for individual little services is a pain the [bleep]. Thus, maybe allow ANY feature to be used, but those with an extra fee are so marked. There would be a pool of available "feature credits" included in the plan that one could tap into. If the pool grows empty, then throttling starts and perhaps non-intrusive notices. The throttling and notice frequency increases with "feature debt". It's not an all or nothing situation that can suddenly keep people getting work done, but a gradual and increasing nudge. Plus,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to hang up a call and remove existing members

We frequently have calls where people forget to hang up, and then are holding the call open and causing the recording to be way longer than it should be. Can we have an option to kick these people and hang up the call, rather than needing to kick them one by one? (Also, the fact that it's so easy to forget to leave a call is a huge issue with users.)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow users to configure their Team to Land on the "Files" tab instead of "Posts."

When you select a Team, it takes you to the “Posts” page. This is usually an empty page and then a user needs to select "Files" to get to where they really want to go. I would like the ability to configure preferences to land instead on "Files"?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dept of Veterans Affairs

How about adding a bolder highlight to indicate the current day on the header which has date and the day of the week? See attached file. The current orange line showing time of day which is slightly bolder on the current day needs something more to be useful at a glance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. CVR

Why can't I have the "Show Conversation" window and the "Show Participants" window open at the same time? Right now if I open one the other closes.

I would lose nothing on my screen as my colleague's screen share only utilizes half of my 49" ultra wide monitor.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Same meeting different attendee time

To enable a guest to enter and exit without overlap or loss of confidentiaity and to control the ability for an in-camera session of the government team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. User will be able to rename his/her displayed name

I wish there is a feature in Teams meetings wherein you could rename your displayed name (and/or the organizer) so that instead of the name of the account holder you could change it to represent an office or a location. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. DoD

Allow me to stay logged in without continually needed to verify my credentials. Stop pretending like this is a classified system that requires reauthentication every 24 hours. There are FAR more important important systems with real classifications that do not require constantly calling phones or sending codes to numbers for authentication. This is a Microsoft adapted software, it's not secure, it's not classified.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a "raise hand" feature for phone users in meetings.

Meetings planned on Teams often have most people joining by video, but some also join by phone, whether out of personal preference or for reasons of accessibility. There is currently a hand-raise feature for video users, but no such option (that I've found) for phone users. Adding something like the teleconference classic "*6" would provide more equitable access to phone users in Teams meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add offline local Instant Messaging and Presence

Add offline Instant Messaging and Presence via on-prem extension for locations that rely on Teams for collaboration but may have high risk for WAN disconnect, natural disaster, etc. - NOT having this ability could actually impair a team reliant on Teams from resolving issues effectively should BC/DR needs be triggered with WAN disconnect from MS cloud. I am aware of an SBC like local configuration to maintain dialtone, but this is inadequate in these scenarios.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Filter events in Channels by date of actual event/meeting time

Need feature added so events in Teams/ Channels is by date of actual event.
    If meeting time link is added on Saturday to Teams Channel but actual meeting is not until Monday. Now have to search back through until you can find event that was added Saturday. If participants don't add to calendar its a mess to find.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Filter events in Channels by date of actual event/meeting time

Need feature added so events in Teams/ Channels is by date of actual event.
    If meeting time link is added on Saturday to Teams Channel but actual meeting is not until Monday. Now have to search back through until you can find event that was added Saturday. If participants don't add to calendar its a mess to find.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make a version simply for meetings

You even make it complicated to leave feedback! Nothing is simple with teams. I only use it for meetings. So often I have to fight to get in and stay in the meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. GCC

Sync Outlook calendar with Teams calendar for each individual user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Improve Breakout Room Funtionality

I work for a state agency and we utilize Teams to do training. When training, we have multiple trainers that train most sessions. It would be highly beneficial if any meeting member listed as a presenter could both create/send attendees into breakout rooms as well as having the capability of moving in and out of breakout rooms freely. The way it is currently set up, only the the Organizer has these abilities which only allows one trainer to monitor breakout rooms and assist participants.

Another potential workaround for this is having the organizer designate a proxy that can utilize that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. word cloud

Enable word clouds as a way to get input during meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)