Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GCCHigh

200 Channels per Teams is not enough. Please increase the number of channels to like 500 channels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add *ALL* chats to the Chat notification on the left bar

Please add ALL chat notifications - DM and team channel chats -- to the "Chats" icon on the left. I often miss chats that are sent in a given Team-based channel, and I am not alone -- most of my colleagues miss chat notifications when coming from a team channel chat rather than direct message Chat.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow the sending of meeting invites to a distribution list from outlook

Email distribution lists from Outlook should available from within Teams to easily allow sending meeting invites to large groups

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add keyboard shortcuts for raise hand/responses

It would be awesome if we had a keyboard shortcut for raising your hand, as well as the other "response" keys.

This feature appears to have been implemented in public teams, but the Ctrl+Shift+K combination does not work on the GCC Teams that I've tried.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40455826-keyboard-shortcut-raise-hand

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Gerenciador de contas

Gostaria que o Teams obtivesse a ferramenta de gerenciar contas, para que possamos remover uma conta que tenha expirado ou cancelada.
    E aproveitando o gancho, poderia liberar logo a possibilidade de gerenciar várias contas pelo desktop e não apenas pelo mobile.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When your accessing the teams it is slow sluggish

When the chats are there it should be deleted or have a word, which has got delete and then select the number of messages you want to delete. When I am trying have a meeting, the messages always say that we ran in to a problem. It is making me delayed for the meeting. I would like to mention, that Microsoft Office teams keeps on kicking people of the group.

My Ideas are not to kick people out of the meetings, especially if they are having lessons.

Make that there is a delete button, so that the people can delete…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. GCC

Add a THANK YOU emoji so we can express our appreciation at the end of an event, without contributing to a long line of chat messages that block the screen for transitioning to other tasks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. GCC

Show me what kind of call I'm getting so I can answer in kind.

Is it video chat, or voice only?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. GCC

Our audit and investigations teams maintain a public facing “hotline” for the general public to report fraud, waste and abuse. Being an easily found an accessible number we receive a lot of abusive type of calls from the general public which may or may not concern our office. We currently maintain a “list” of the repeat offenders and now it is responsibility of whoever is answering these calls to identify the number and send to voicemail. As you can imagine, there are issues with this manual process. I have inquired if we can simply block the callers and the response…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow moving notifications to an area where they are less likely to be missed.

My configuration has four monitors and notifications currently pop up outside of the field of vision where I do most of my work. I often leave my headphones plugged in and do not hear the audio signals. It would be nice to be able to move notifications to appear right in the middle of my main screen or to have some other, optional method to get my attention, such as a screen flash or a kick in the shin, anything bolder to get my attention. - FAA/DOT user

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Status that shows Teams Chat was joined from a mobile device / iPhone

Our work-from-home team of about 20 people supporting U.S. Government just switched from Skype to MS Teams.

Mostly now with Teams we have a group chat session running 24/7/365. All users are running Win10 for desktop and iPhone’s with ‘Office’ installed that includes Teams, all devices join over a corporate VPN.

Can you consider a setting for Teams Chat that will enable us to see that a person has joined from their Mobile device (iPhone) rather than from their Desktop?

Thanks a Lot!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide option to add text on name (rename) during meeting

For easy identification of what organization a participant is representing specially for big meetings, having the option to add the organization acronym on name is a big help to meeting organizer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. External participant meeting control - Whitelist

Currently there is a radio button that by default doesnt allow external participants to recieve or request control in the meeting.

It would be nice to have a whitelist associated with this option so only certain domains could be allowed control, ie microsoft.com to allow only Microsoft based users the ability to request or be given control of meeting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Collaboration between tenants

With so many companies in different places on their inevitable march towards GCC High, collaboration between tenants is a feature needed now. I fear it won't be implemented until most are on GCC High and then it won't be needed as much.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. GCC

As has been requested in the Public and School/University sites, the GCC platform needs to provide users the ability to specify their preferred pronouns as part of their profile. Those pronouns should show automatically with the user's name throughout the Teams application.

Lack of this ability is causing difficulty for our staff who do not use traditional she/he pronouns. This lack is also counter to several of our internal and state government-wide initiatives regarding diversity, inclusion and anti-racism.

It is 2021. It is well past time that this be integrated into this application, especially.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Apple CarPlay integration.

Adding Apple CarPlay integration would open Teams up for greater mobile use for people in transit.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 'SNAP-IT' -Screen snapshot to share in business TEAMS chat to supply to Company IT channel

'SNAP-IT' -Screen snapshot to share in business TEAMS chat to supply to Company IT channel. T this is for employees who may be within a secured environment with policies applied where snipping tool and screenshare feature is disabled, however an admin controlled feature permits a snapshot share to an IT Channel in-app. This could be integrated into other apps providing service desk operations such as freshservice where tickets can be created from the SNAP itself as a visual is always a good idea to support the escalated problem for IT issues.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. gcc

Make the "call-me" function configurable globally for administrators to enable or disable just this feature. Currently, (according to support) the only way to do so is to disable the "dial-out" permissions on a per user basis, which has unintended consequences....doing so grays out the entire "phone audio" selection in the teams app, which forces users to refer to the dial-in number from the invite, which is an inconvenience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. GCC

Make contact lists from Outlook available in MS Teams. i.e. Currently personal contact group can not be added to meeting invite, every person has to be individually added.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38