Teams for Government

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Permission based meeting recordings for Legal/Lawyers and their staff

I work in the Legal/Enforcement Division of a state government. I am stunned that Teams does not have permission based recording that is controlled by the meeting creator.
    During a Teams meeting I had a laptop fail during a confidential meeting with attorneys, and I had to rejoin that meeting using the Teams App on my phone and when it launched somehow it began recording the meeting. I cannot emphasize enough the issues this creates. Immediate issues: A) I did not know I had started recording the meeting B) I had no idea how to stop the recording, and C)…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. hide participant name

Ability to hide or mask participant or meeting host names.
    We have sensitive interviews that we need to hide the interviewer's names that are tied to the GAL and Teams contact and are showing during the Teams calls which is causing privacy issues.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Save video setting for recurring meetings

For recurring meetings, save the setting of joining with or without video and on or off of mute from the last time you entered that recurring meeting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. GCCH participant roles for Meetings

Please enable participant roles for GCCH Meetings

Please enable meeting options so we can set Organizer / Presenter / Attendee roles for each individual meeting (not a tenant wide policy)

Participant role options are described in this MS doc - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/roles-in-a-teams-meeting-c16fa7d0-1666-4dde-8686-0a0bfe16e019

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow specific People to unmute

Hi,

Please add an Admin option that allows specific People to unmute.

Thanks,
    Jassim

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Audio Conference Dial in numbers attached to 365 group

Recently we lost all the phone numbers we were paying for with our shared Mailboxes. We are told they can't be restored. We REQUIRE the ability for high level teams to collaboratively handle calendar events and run critical meetings.

We have a real headaches now. No one can take time off, get covid, retire, or get hit by a car. A single lead is out and everything is locked up if they set up the meeting...ridiculous. This business need runs across every business in America! We need multiple users with full control of a centralized user account, calendar, meeting, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. GCC

Allow to have the options "pause" and "resume" when recording a meeting. Benefit: You will have just one clip and you can pause the recording for short brakes, lunch time or special discussions, during long meetings or trainings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Create a meeting in a new window

I'd like to have the funktion to create a meeting in its own window. I often begin to book a meeting and discover I need information from another place in Teams (for exemple a chat). Then I have to close the booking to get the information and my draft is deleted. And I have to start from the beginning with my booking.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. GCCH Allow download of attendee list after meeting has ended

In GCCH, please allow download of attendee list / attendee roster / attendance reports after meeting has ended

It appears this is being coded for commercial under the following roadmap item
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?&filters=Microsoft%20Teams%2CIn%20development&searchterms=66459

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable meeting lobby and meeting options for GCCH

Please enable meeting lobby and meeting options for GCCH.

There is currently a button inside of Teams that says "Meeting Options" when I create or edit a meeting, but it does nothing. Our admins have triple check the admin portal and there is no option for meeting options or meeting lobby that they are blocking.

Please enable meeting options so we can set the following setting for each individual meeting (not a tenant wide policy)
    - enable / disable entry tones
    - set meeting Organizer / Presenter / Attendee roles
    - who can bypass the lobby

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add keyboard shortcuts for raise hand/responses

It would be awesome if we had a keyboard shortcut for raising your hand, as well as the other "response" keys.

This feature appears to have been implemented in public teams, but the Ctrl+Shift+K combination does not work on the GCC Teams that I've tried.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40455826-keyboard-shortcut-raise-hand

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide option to add text on name (rename) during meeting

For easy identification of what organization a participant is representing specially for big meetings, having the option to add the organization acronym on name is a big help to meeting organizer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. External participant meeting control - Whitelist

Currently there is a radio button that by default doesnt allow external participants to recieve or request control in the meeting.

It would be nice to have a whitelist associated with this option so only certain domains could be allowed control, ie microsoft.com to allow only Microsoft based users the ability to request or be given control of meeting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. gcc

Make the "call-me" function configurable globally for administrators to enable or disable just this feature. Currently, (according to support) the only way to do so is to disable the "dial-out" permissions on a per user basis, which has unintended consequences....doing so grays out the entire "phone audio" selection in the teams app, which forces users to refer to the dial-in number from the invite, which is an inconvenience.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. CRA

Adding “a timer to the breakout room function”
    o to be able to add time to the timer
    o to be able to bring back the participants to the main room
    o for the facilitator to easily join, each breakout room, and switch between them
    o for participants to be able to return to the main room if they have completed ahead of time
    o for presenter to be able to add documents for the activities to each break-out room

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. CRA

Adding “a timer to the breakout room function”
    o to be able to add time to the timer
    o to be able to bring back the participants to the main room
    o for the facilitator to easily join, each breakout room, and switch between them
    o for participants to be able to return to the main room if they have completed ahead of time
    o for presenter to be able to add documents for the activities to each break-out room

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Prevent users from joining a meeting uninvited. (GCC/GCCH)

Add a setting to prevent users who are not a member of the Team/O365 Group from joining the Teams meeting. This setting should exist in the Outlook client as well as the Teams client, web app, and mobile app.

Similarly, prevent people who were not invited directly by the meeting organizer from joining the meeting. (e.g., meeting invite was forwarded or meeting link was copied and sent to user who was not directly invited).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Prevent users from joining a meeting uninvited. (GCC/GCCH)

Add a setting to prevent users who are not a member of the Team/O365 Group from joining the Teams meeting. This setting should exist in the Outlook client as well as the Teams client, web app, and mobile app.

Similarly, prevent people who were not invited directly by the meeting organizer from joining the meeting. (e.g., meeting invite was forwarded or meeting link was copied and sent to user who was not directly invited).

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It's a glitch

There is no mic and ... And camera all of those are gone fixet please cuz it's let me loos my Score and I will drop

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When will Microsoft CQD be available ?

The Microsoft CQD (beta) connector works great but we are unable to leverage our PowerBI enterprise workspace for updating reports for Teams dataset since the connector is still beta. This is creating challenges for us to provide reports to larger audience. Please could you release the gold version of Microsoft CQD for GCC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base