Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cvr

Provide (do not require) CAC access, without the dual authentication requirements. A significantly large portion of the user base, work in secure environments, without LAN line or Cell phone access. Some of us are grown up and can use a CAC on personal computers. Plus scrap the 18 hour session time out. It is just a head ache that actually reduces security because people are using the alternative number sign in, and some rando is hitting the pound sign, proving nothing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pin an App for Easy Access - GCC

Being in the GCC for several years now, I understand that there are delays for features and apps coming to the Government Community Cloud. One feature that has been available for more than 6 Months on the Commercial Side is the ability to for users to Pin Apps (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/pin-an-app-for-easy-access-3045fd44-6604-4ba7-8ecc-1c0d525e89ec). It would nice to be able to have that feature in the GCC. I have the option turned on within the Teams Admin options, yet am still unable to pin any Apps (besides the ones I want to do Org-Wide).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. تغيير الصورة الشخصية

أريد تغيير صورتي الشخصية

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow users to configure their Team to Land on the "Files" tab instead of "Posts."

When you select a Team, it takes you to the “Posts” page. This is usually an empty page and then a user needs to select "Files" to get to where they really want to go. I would like the ability to configure preferences to land instead on "Files"?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Automatic sign in on phones

It is very annoying having to always re-sign into my account every time I open the app on my phone. Make it so I can just click on the app and open it, instead of having to type my password, then call to verify and press the # sign. This is very inefficient and inconvenient.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Shrink/condense chat & teams window size

The teams window takes up a lot of screen real-estate and I'm finding myself frequently needing to close it because its in the way of other work. For example, the chat window (when popped out) at its smallest size is still twice the size of a skype chat. Can you provide an option for a more condensed view. When within the Teams app, you lose the contact list if you try to shrink the window which isn't helpful when multiple chats are occuring.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. CVR

UI needs an overhaul. Wasting bottom screen space with 5 tabs, 3 of which are what we use, is kind of pointless when slack and discord have more proven, user friendly UI. Nix the tabs, especially the cvr hub and move to a UI with channels and such on the left of the screen with chat centered/right. This is the reason everyone hates using teams, no reason we can’t make it better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Warning Prompt before closing Microsoft TEAMS.

Please enable a warning prompt before closing Microsoft TEAMS. I keep clicking on the 'x' in the upper, right corner to close a window thinking that it will close the file or page I'm currently looking at within Microsoft TEAMS. It is actually the close application button and immediately closes Microsoft TEAMS entirely! There is no warning prompt that comes up that asks 'Do you want to exit the program?'. I have to keep logging in and logging in and logging in, because I am naturally attuned to closing a page within the application using the 'x'. Please enable a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please stop making me log in every. single. day.

Please stop making me log in every. single. day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. DOD

Teams mobile app needs to allow you to seamlessly switch between chat view and most recently viewed Team conversation as in the desktop app.

It's an unnecessary annoyance to have to select the team conversation you want again every time you switch from Chat back to Teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. DOD

Applies to Android Teams app.

Chat view needs a way to view and select your contacts.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Multiple tabs open at once

Currently switching between multiple chats, calendar, teams & teams files, but can only view 1 at a time & have to find other files each time. Would be ideal to have many tabs open at once to easy compare files, go back to frequently used pages, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The attached image is too small when forwarding a team post to Outlook.

Hi.

The attached image is too small when forwarding a team post to Outlook.
    I would like to request an improvement so that I can see the attached image bigger.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The attached image is too small when forwarding a team post to Outlook.

Hi.

The attached image is too small when forwarding a team post to Outlook.
    I would like to request an improvement so that I can see the attached image bigger.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The Army CVR Login Process Has An Annoyance

The policy for our cloud has been changed so that the user is logged out after 18 hours. This effectively means that every single day a user has to log in and they are logged out probably while they are sleeping getting ready for the next day. The 6 hours of inactivity is long enough for the CSRF tokens to expire, and I repeatedly forget that when I'm prompted to log back in at the start of my day, I'm going to type my secure 16+ character password and then have to type it again because "sorry, your session has…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. GDPR Regulations and Right to Be Forgotten Correct Implementation

Users cannot delete call history.
    If a Right to be forgotten was enforced we would be unable to wipe the User from our call log, there by breaching GDPR.

This needs to be corrected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. DOT

Please make an option to only show contacts that are online and with out all the chat history showing. Often I just want to look to see if an individual is online I don't need to fill my screen with all the other items. Really just give us an option similar to the skype window. It was small and only showed contacts. If we need to use more options in teams we can expand it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hello! We use

Love the pop-out windows options!

But possible to consider making the TEAMS pop-out windows dimensions more adjustable/resizeable - or perhaps introduce a more compact view?

With multiple chats sometimes running, each pop-out window takes a substantial real estate on the screen (which can't be sized to small view) and it would be fantastic to be able to size it smaller or some other smart way other than stacking windows on top of other windows.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base