Teams for Government

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. caption

ask for LIVE captioning to override AI captioning options for meetings.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Adobe Sign for DOD Teams

There has been a strong desire from senior members in the Coast Guard to have Adobe sign for Teams in the DOD. Right now to route pdfs in Teams is a very arduous process to download, open in adobe and sign, save then re-upload to Teams. I am curious if Microsoft plans to work on certification of this for the DOD tenant, thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Windows system wide Hotkey to unmute

When Teams application is installed and logged into it would be great to have a system wide hotkey that would allow you to mute / unmute the microphone. Many times while listening to the audio in a meeting I switch to other programs to do work. With many windows open it is sometimes difficult to get back to the teams app to unmute the microphone is called on during a meeting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Notification for available on mobile app

Allow the notify when available on the mobile app. This will help for when we aren’t at our desk and need to talk with someone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. make the live window easer to work with when opening new windows.

When in a meeting it is very annoying to have a window open and click to another window and have to stop go back to TEAMS and make that the live window others can see. There should be a simpler process. For example, If my live windows is a browser and I click something that opens a new window in the browser no body sees it. Very frustrating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop asking for feedback

Stop asking for feedback, or reduce the frequency dramatically

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. e-cards application

Create an e-card application to allow circulation of e-cards within a Team/channel members - example of use for colleagues that are leaving the department - retiring, mat leave, etc. The app would permit each individual to add their comment and signature in the card. The app would have pre-built cards with different subject i.e. baby shower, wedding, new chapter in life (retiring/promotion), etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Release Power BI Tab for GCCH

Please release the Power BI Tab /app for GCCH. Power BI is currently fully available for GCCH, yet the Teams connector and available to add as tab is not available, and there is no mention of development on the roadmap or documentation.

Documentation lists this feature as "[...] not available in the environment and we don't have an estimated time frame for delivery."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-govus-overview

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow the sending of meeting invites to a distribution list from outlook

Email distribution lists from Outlook should available from within Teams to easily allow sending meeting invites to large groups

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When your accessing the teams it is slow sluggish

When the chats are there it should be deleted or have a word, which has got delete and then select the number of messages you want to delete. When I am trying have a meeting, the messages always say that we ran in to a problem. It is making me delayed for the meeting. I would like to mention, that Microsoft Office teams keeps on kicking people of the group.

My Ideas are not to kick people out of the meetings, especially if they are having lessons.

Make that there is a delete button, so that the people can delete…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Status that shows Teams Chat was joined from a mobile device / iPhone

Our work-from-home team of about 20 people supporting U.S. Government just switched from Skype to MS Teams.

Mostly now with Teams we have a group chat session running 24/7/365. All users are running Win10 for desktop and iPhone’s with ‘Office’ installed that includes Teams, all devices join over a corporate VPN.

Can you consider a setting for Teams Chat that will enable us to see that a person has joined from their Mobile device (iPhone) rather than from their Desktop?

Thanks a Lot!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please roll out the Whiteboard feature

This will help us to innovate and collaborate in a vertical environment. We are forced to use applications such as Mural supplied by contractor instead of something inside our already existing platform.

In addition, when this access is rolled out it would be great to have a video to accompany it so that we can reduce the on boarding and adoption time to use this application.

The other ask is add the ability for the whiteboard to be converted to a pdf. That would be most helpful. Thanks.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Grammarly app

Staff using Grammarly would like it integrated with Teams and SharePoint

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. My phone can unlock and recognize me, so why not the app

Stop the multiple sign ins. It’s a complete waste of my time and makes me not use the app. If all I have to do is sign in once and the phone remembers me, then uses the facial recognition afterwards it would be far superior.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. CVR

Add better two step verification or give the option to opt out of two step. My cell phone service is terrible at my house so I constantly have trouble getting signed in, would be nice to get the access code sent to an alternate email address.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Simplify feature purchasing

Per all 365 tools, large institutions often have cumbersome purchase processes. Paying extra for individual little services is a pain the [bleep]. Thus, maybe allow ANY feature to be used, but those with an extra fee are so marked. There would be a pool of available "feature credits" included in the plan that one could tap into. If the pool grows empty, then throttling starts and perhaps non-intrusive notices. The throttling and notice frequency increases with "feature debt". It's not an all or nothing situation that can suddenly keep people getting work done, but a gradual and increasing nudge. Plus,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. DoD

Allow me to stay logged in without continually needed to verify my credentials. Stop pretending like this is a classified system that requires reauthentication every 24 hours. There are FAR more important important systems with real classifications that do not require constantly calling phones or sending codes to numbers for authentication. This is a Microsoft adapted software, it's not secure, it's not classified.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base