Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wenn Sie Teams im deutsprachigen Raum anbieten, dann machen Sie Ihren Rückmeldebogen auf Deutsch.

Lassen Sie die gleichzeitige Ansicht von Chat und Präsentation bzw. Teilnehmenden zu. Lassen Sie verschiedene Handzeichen zu. Lassen sie Chat zwischen einzelnen Teilnehmenden zu. Teams ist viel zu wenig interaktiv! Die schlechteste aller digitalen Sitzungs-Apps!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow additional 2-way authenticators

I work in a building that doesn’t allow cell phones & unauthorized electronic devices. We also alternate teleworking in the schedule.

There is no way I can use my work phone as an authenticator & still be able to use text authentication at home. Give us the option to choose. Right now I’m forced to reset two-way authentication every time I switch between work/home & it’s a real pain.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Keep pinned posts visible in channel

When a post is pinned in a channel, keep that post visible at the bottom of the channel at all times.
    Pinned posts are used for important announcements and information, and hiding them in information pane of a channel does not allow for using them as an effective announcement. Pinned posts in a channel should be shown to all users immediately when they open the channel.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Jullie kunnen echt geen neus

Ben meer zoals discord

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. GCC

Give the ability of the team/channel owner to remove the general chat from a channel and set an app in its place. If you have a channel called daily reports of a MS Form, you don't want users to dig for that form, just go to that channel and the form is the first thing they see. There are so many use cases for this.

GCC
    GCC High

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow channels to be formatted as chats rather than conversations.

allow team channels to be configured as "linear" or "conversation" mode, where "linear" mode is similar to a chat type experience where messages are sequential rather than being "form posts+reply" style.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Prevent Team Owner from renaming Team

Our Teams are currently created by the Teams admins.
    Their names are carefully chosen.
    The Team Owner should NOT be able to change the Team from the name the Teams Admin has set, especially in Government tenants.

In the mean time, the Teams admin in government tenants should have an alert/report that shows when Teams have been renamed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. New posts in teams mobile

In teams, Chat on mobile shows the number of new or unread posts, but it doesn't tell me which ones they are. I have 3 new items, but can't figure out where they are. I have about 12 that are bold, some of those are old meetings , not sure why they are still bold. I can't filter to just show the 3 new ones either. How do I find the new ones?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. @mention specific list item in GCC chat or channel post.

It would be great if a team member could @mention a specific list item in the context of the channel posts or a chat message. This would better integrate Lists with the rest of teams in a similar manner to how one can reference a document or a person.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Resigning in every 18 hours

Resigning in the morning delays response time and communication effectiveness if I need to ensure everyone gets a message early in the morning teams is not the app I use

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Wiki Search

Information within the Wiki feature of Teams does not appear to be searchable.

Wiki is a great tool and I love it, however, we have stopped using it because it is so difficult to find things when you get a lot of content.

Please include Wiki pages in Teams search.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make the caption show more than 2 lines at a time

Make the caption show more than 2 lines at a time so if the user looks away for a few seconds he is not lost.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can I make "share audio" permanent/default when sharing my screen? - in GCC

Would love to have the ability to make the share audio (On) when sharing my screen - Permanent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Can you please maki it less lagy on a computer. By upgrading the servers

I would like for you to make a less lagy application by upgrading your hardware or software

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change password

How can teacher change the password for personal profile. So no one can change configuration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop requiring an access code every time I log out

I work in an area where I can’t have my phone next to me. So every day I try to login I have to run outside get my phone go to the front of the building because there’s no signal get the access code run back to my desk and type it in it’s very annoying and it makes me not want to use teams at all

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Enable cross Team tagging to share information.

My current Team is the 'alpha' team, this is where I do the bulk of my work.

However, I'm also a member of the 'bravo' team where I'm also heavily involved.

For the most part, there is no need for the alpha and bravo team to collaborate or share files etc.

However! On occasion there is the need for me to share what has been posted on the opposite Team.

Hey @alpha, have you seen this cool info that @bravo have posted up?

Currently MS Teams are very, very heavily siloed; it's equally right and appropriate to be a member…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. color for pop out chats

Multiple pop out chats become confusing sameness on the desktop. Can one recolor the top bar or background, or even a square or other shape on the top near the chat name to separate and highlight conversations and can the team chat/contact area allow color squares to match the pop out chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Org-Wide Configuration of Teams Lists Gallery Templates.

When a user creates a new List in Teams, they are presented with a gallery of list templates. Not all templates are appropriate for the organization, so customization (eg: add/remove) would be ideal.

For example: in healthcare, users are presented with Patients List template, but hospital policy does not allow for its use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base