Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow transcription-gcc-bot to be hidden in meetings

Why does the transcription-gcc-bot take up valuable real estate during a Teams meeting? Please enable a way to hide the bot so more human participants can be seen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Shifts- edit time in desktop app (GCC)

Currently team members can only edit their time (clock in/out, breaks etc) using the mobile app - and they can see their time sheet on the mobile app. Can we integrate those same features into the desktop app? Shifts in the mobile app is so much more user friendly. But employees shouldn't be using their personal cellphones to download the app and access information. Not all employees are granted work cells.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shifts - team members export time sheet

Right now only the team owner can export a members time sheet. However, its important for team members to be able to track their time and export their own time sheet. Currently there isn't a feature for this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. DOT

Please make an option to only show contacts that are online and with out all the chat history showing. Often I just want to look to see if an individual is online I don't need to fill my screen with all the other items. Really just give us an option similar to the skype window. It was small and only showed contacts. If we need to use more options in teams we can expand it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have Teams O365 group email generate notifications on Desktop and Outlook Mobile App when new messages arrive

With the new construct of using O365 groups for Teams voicemail, users do not get notifications in either Outlook desktop or Outlook Android/iOS apps when new voicemail messages are received in the Group inbox.

Please change this so notifications let users know of new messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have Teams O365 group email generate notifications on Desktop and Outlook Mobile App when new messages arrive

With the new construct of using O365 groups for Teams voicemail, users do not get notifications in either Outlook desktop or Outlook Android/iOS apps when new voicemail messages are received in the Group inbox.

Please change this so notifications let users know of new messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. File Organization

Enable Desktop Like file organization and customization to Mobile Teams.

As well moving individual files to folders within mobile, currently you could only do that on desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hide participants bar at the bottom of MS Teams

While using DoD/CVR MS Teams during course instruction with many participants and a presentation, the bar of participants is always shown at bottom side of the meeting screen, even when in the new large gallery view. It takes up screen space and reduces the ability to see all the participants. Additionally it seems redundant to have the gallery view, and the participant bar. Could there be a way to hide the bar when you don't need it to be there, so more participants can be seen on the screen? It helps with the span of control in a learning environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hello! We use

Love the pop-out windows options!

But possible to consider making the TEAMS pop-out windows dimensions more adjustable/resizeable - or perhaps introduce a more compact view?

With multiple chats sometimes running, each pop-out window takes a substantial real estate on the screen (which can't be sized to small view) and it would be fantastic to be able to size it smaller or some other smart way other than stacking windows on top of other windows.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. DOD

Kudos to opening a meeting in a new window, but the UI in the upper right corner is very inefficient. Meetings are filled with "Sorry, I was searching for the 'Mute' button." Return the UI to bottom center.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Stop requiring an access code every time I log out

I work in an area where I can’t have my phone next to me. So every day I try to login I have to run outside get my phone go to the front of the building because there’s no signal get the access code run back to my desk and type it in it’s very annoying and it makes me not want to use teams at all

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. حاسب

أريد طلب تغير صوره جديده

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please put the record option upgrade during meeting

Please put the record option upgrade during the meeting. I can't keep recordings of the meetings,recently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable cross Team tagging to share information.

My current Team is the 'alpha' team, this is where I do the bulk of my work.

However, I'm also a member of the 'bravo' team where I'm also heavily involved.

For the most part, there is no need for the alpha and bravo team to collaborate or share files etc.

However! On occasion there is the need for me to share what has been posted on the opposite Team.

Hey @alpha, have you seen this cool info that @bravo have posted up?

Currently MS Teams are very, very heavily siloed; it's equally right and appropriate to be a member…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Public Live Event with External Presenters

I had a recent open case with Microsoft where they acknowledged that the ability to add external presenters to Live Events have been changed due to a recent Teams update. Microsoft Support advised that external presenters will have to be added as Guest in to the tenant and then they will be able to join the Live Event as presenter. Previous behavior for Live Events that were scheduled for public viewing was that external presenters were able to join without the requirement for being added as a trusted guest within our tenancy, nor needing added to a Team in order…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. GCC

Allowing tasks to have a privacy feature so the admin could set who see's the tasks and who can edit the tasks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. add BCC option to Teams Calender invites

it seems odd but for GDPR reasons we would like to invite 100 people into a meeting but there is no processing condition which would allow us to share 100 peoples personal emails A simple BCC mirroring an email option should be available to allow this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I hate the teachers

The teachers are horrible

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Avg, video opname

Als een video opname is gestart in een meeting en een deelnemer die later betrokken wordt bij de meeting niet heeft ingestemd voor de opname de gelegenheid geven om de opname te verwijderen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. تاتات

ما تخلوه للدراسه😊😊😊بكون مشكور الكم

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)