Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mesaj silme özelliği gelmeli

Mesaj silme özelliği gelmeli özel hayatımız var.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to archive or export private chats and team conversations in a local format such as Word Doc

Although you may highlight then copy a team conversation manually and paste into Word, there is much to be desired for archiving important conversations in a local format. If an agency has retention set to 3 days, you are out of luck on day 4 and the saved messages vanish. It is crucial for us to be able to archive chats and conversations with the growing reliance on teleworking and remote collaboration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Individual track change option in co-authoring documents in Teams

When co-authoring a document, we need to be able to set the track changes to on by user, instead of it being on for all. I cannot format or work on the document when other have turned on track changes as I don't want my formatting in track changes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Über iPhone gestartet wird das Meeting vom Vortag als erstes gezeigt und ist unterlegt zum Anklicken. Dadurch ist Fehlbedienung möglich!!!

Über iPhone gestartet wird das Meeting vom Vortag als erstes gezeigt und ist unterlegt zum Anklicken. Dadurch ist Fehlbedienung möglich!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Being informed of meeting, if you have not been sent the link

Teams to call you if certain team is meeting, as if attendees have been sent a link to log onto a call, some homeworkers will not have received the link (if unable to access work email calendar & not been able to forward the link to their own email). Many people have to access teams on their mobile as microphone/ voice/ video not working on laptop. In other words: if mobile would ring when certain team starts any activity, if it looks like attendees are same as in a certain ‘team’, even if the original link to join did not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Two different logins

Please have the ability to log into multiple accounts at the same time. Currently have to logout of one account then log into the other account. Would really appreciate this to enable tracking of multiple teams with multiple accounts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it ring when theres a call or meeting u are invited to...

Make it ring when theres a call or meeting u are invited to...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. pop out chats

With multiple chats going on at any given time and the inconvenience of jumping within Teams to various ongoing chats or other work, would really appreciate the ability to pop out chat sessions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Meeting Minutes for Chat

Now that we’re having more and more meetings in Teams Chat, we’re finding a great fringe benefit: We literally get minutes of those chats for free. We can cut down on having the same conversations multiple times with multiple people just by sharing those minutes. However, copying and pasting is currently finickity, so my idea is to add a feature to support this directly.

1. Click a button at the start of chat which says “Minute meeting.” When participants enter that chat, they see a banner which says “This meeting is being minuted and will be shared.” A second “Copy Minutes…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Link accounts

It would be great if you logged into dod.teams it would like your cvr and personnel accounts I to one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Seeing if I'm muted at a glance

Seeing if I'm muted at a glance. I would like the abiltiy to be able to see if I'm muted without having to move my mouse over the window to bring up the control panel. Suggest that a mic indicator be placed next to my profile pic that shows a graphic that indicates my mic being on or off.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Multiple channels/accounts on desktop account

Add support for multiple accounts to desktop app. I use teams for multiple organizations and the only way to keep all accounts up is through a sandbox program. I should be able to tab back and forth like the mobile app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to stream Teams users' activity logs to Azure Log Analytics workspace

When we rolled out Teams and some of the users experienced issues. There is no easy way for IT admins to analyse these situations. It would be very useful to be able to stream the Teams users' activity logs to an Azure Log Analytics workspace so we can generate reports such as:
    1. list of attendees to a meeting
    2. How they signed in to Teams clients ( by cross checking their AAD signinlogs )
    3. For governance and compliance purposes, generate list of activity records for a given user or users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add files from Apple IOS and iPad OS

Ability to add files to a page through Apple iOS and iPad OS. Crazy to think I can’t upload a document from my iPad Pro with files access.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Microsoft Teams Delegation

For a meeting scheduled using Teams, it would be great to be able for my Manager to delegate the organizer role so that I am able to create meetings on their behalf and add the Microsoft teams when the team needs to meet via video etc. this link shows you can do this https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-up-a-delegate-to-take-your-calls-75e8c522-dde0-45b3-8fd1-8341f19740f9 but we do not have that feature currently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow for private channels to utilize more than just the basic applications. For example the Planner app is only available within public cha

Allow for private channels to utilize more than just the basic applications. For example the Planner app is only available within public channels.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need to make it easier to add multiple phone numbers for 2 factor authentication

Need to make it easier to add multiple phone numbers for 2 factor authentication. Cell phone and work phone because many people are teleworking from home but don’t have a cell phone on file so it calls their work number to authenticate, Or vise versa. Should be bake or go into user profile and update multiple authentication numbers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base