Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide one-click Status change

Suggest you provide capability for a one-click status change.

Ideally, there would be the four status buttons on the left side menu, PLUS a new button for Be Right Back (BRB), so you could make a quick status change without having to click on your profile picture and then select a status.

Then I could hit the BRB button quickly, as I dash out the door for a quick break! See attached sample for how this could look.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. seperate contacts window

I miss skype. I miss being able to just access a contact list, click on their name and see a chat window to talk to them.
    And to be able to keep that chat window open and still see my contact list so that I can monitor friends and buddies and easily see when someone is available.

Can you please make teams behave like the long history of chat applications have from AIM to SKYPE and everything in between?

I get that there are other features that are useful, but having to navigate through them just to use the chat…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Microsoft Forms to be added as a tab in a Teams channel

Allow Microsoft Forms to be added as a tab in a Teams channel.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. DOD

sound notification too short and too soft compare to skype (have maxed volume on laptop). Need an ability to increase sound notification length and make it louder or be able to change it like in skype

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Walkie-talkie feature for GCC

With thousands active government users in law enforcement agencies (GCC) cloud the push-to-talk (PTT) functionality would be a powerful tool that would greatly enhance ability to accomplish tasks set for our frontline users. Please add push-to-talk (PTT) feature to GCC.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. DoD

Allow mobile app to authenticate with fingerprint recognition. I get multiple teams messages throughout the day and the constant prompt for login and verification through text is frustrating. Especially when the app gives me enough time to read the message then the pop-ups for login and verification come up so i have to spend a few moments to log back in, verify, and then fi ally reply.

This would maintain security with the end user as well as make the app more enjoyable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Integrate fully with Planner, SharePoint, and Outlook Tasks, Calendar (GCC)

Please integrate more with Planner (timeline visualization channels for tasks) and/or with SharePoint web parts that do this, so all tasks linked in one place and with Outlook as well (for calendar and emails pertinent to chats and tasks). Until then, Planner is just a to-do tool that does not notify members of the team of new or changes in tasks and is not fully integrated for communication and coordination (copied from another board but Government needs this functionality also).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have a set of key words for alerting

I understand the Search and Filter functions, but am suggesting being able to set key words and get alerts when those words are posted.
    The ability to set key words that alert you if mentioned by anyone within any of the channels to which you subscribe.
    The ability to set key words in specific channels that may be different than and in addition to the main set of key words.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Joining external meetings

The join button should connect to the meeting and not have to use the in event link.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. GCC

Enable Planner to send an email via Outlook to owners when a due date is approaching for a task.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Immersive Reader in Government Community Cloud (GCC)

Immersive reader is a fantastic accessibility feature that is helpful for all users.It's available in commercial and EDU environments now. Needed in GCC, too!

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to see all assignments from all teams at once

Ability to see all assignments from all teams at once

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. CVR

Add better two step verification or give the option to opt out of two step. My cell phone service is terrible at my house so I constantly have trouble getting signed in, would be nice to get the access code sent to an alternate email address.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Registration for Live Events and Teams Meetings

Currently a lot of users request to use Zoom due to their ability to allow a registration form to attend a Zoom Meeting. Microsoft Teams should allow that same functionality to improve the gap between the tools. Requesting registration form for Teams Live Events and Teams Meetings.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add capabilities to email using Exchange/Outlook from within Teams

Let's get a button in the Teams tool bar so we can access (read/write) our Outlook/Exchange email from within Teams.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. GCC - please include a social recognition app

Include a social recognition app such as KudoBoard or Recognize in the Teams Roadmap. Employee recognition is essential to maintain morale and high levels of collaboration for effective change management. Our organization periodically hosts innovation challenges to guide change initiatives at all levels of staff based on input from the same levels. A social recognition integrated in teams would essentially allow owners to recognize successful channels, groups, or teams for successful integration of technology in promoting and guiding change in our organization. Recognition and change are interdependent, and integration will allow workflow to immediately share praise when milestones or outcomes…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Chat History function when adding +1 user to an existing one on one chat

Allow "chat history" function when adding a single user to a pre-established 1:1 chat with another user. Right now I can only add or remove chat history once I already have a group of three or more, not when I add a single user to an existing 1:1 chat with another user.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Microsoft Teams Delegation

For a meeting scheduled using Teams, it would be great to be able for my Manager to delegate the organizer role so that I am able to create meetings on their behalf and add the Microsoft teams when the team needs to meet via video etc. this link shows you can do this https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-up-a-delegate-to-take-your-calls-75e8c522-dde0-45b3-8fd1-8341f19740f9 but we do not have that feature currently.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to disable recording in breakout rooms

Although attendees and external users should not have the ability to start a recording it is important to the integrity of the Hearing that no one be allowed to in the breakout room. An option for the Host to enable recording (for use cases other than Hearings) would be helpful

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base