Teams for Government

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How might UID serve real world group needs?

We have been delivering courses via Teams for a year now. I appreciate the new features emerging and the collaboration aspect is great. My wish is that the user interface (UID) design team had a bigger vision for key features such as meeting breakouts. Talk to teachers and facilitators about the large picture of how we could work with groups online. Instead we have a clunky breakout room control panel that has less functionality than Skype 4 Biz and other meeting tools on the market. It seems dumbed down for mobile whereas I think most people teaching or facilitating groups…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pop-out Chat and/or Participants window options within Meetings

As a Teams Meeting user, I would like the ability to enhance my options for viewing the Chat (or meeting conversation) and/or the Participants List with a "pop-out" feature.

The ability to pop-out these areas (similar to the existing fly-out or pop-out option for a Teams personal chat) would allow users to:

• Enable an option to utilize the Meeting screen real estate more efficiently when viewing and/or sharing content and video.
    • Permit users to resize the amount of space the pop-out chat or participant list takes up on their individual monitor(s) or screen(s) with ease.
    • Allow users…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add *ALL* chats to the Chat notification on the left bar

Please add ALL chat notifications - DM and team channel chats -- to the "Chats" icon on the left. I often miss chats that are sent in a given Team-based channel, and I am not alone -- most of my colleagues miss chat notifications when coming from a team channel chat rather than direct message Chat.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Accessibility issue - Ability to view pinned meeting participants when someone is sharing their screen

Please bring back the option to view pinned participants instead of the screen that is being shared when logging in to MS Teams using the app. The spotlight function does not make them big enough.

I work as a sign language interpreter and the Deaf clients we work with are struggling with the new changes to MS Teams, as we are not able to bring the pinned participants from the gallery back on to the main screen when someone is sharing the screen. We are having to try and read back what they are signing from a small tile in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. GCC - Teams breakout room enhancement

Allow for set up of breakout rooms prior to an event. Specifically, allow participants and documents to be added to a breakout room prior to an event.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. EMERGENCY! VOICE AUTOMATIC AUDIO GAIN IS TOO LOW AND IT'S AFFECTING OUR GOVT CALLS! PLEASE ADD A SLIDER AND LET US DISABLE AUTOMATIC GAIN!

HELLO,

THIS IS MR DANNY ON BEHALF OF THE GOVT OF NEW YORK. WE HAVE BEEN MAKING MEETINGS FOR OUR VIRTUAL HEARINGS AND WE WERE NOT ABLE TO HEAR MR.JACK AND ZUCKERBERG CORRECTLY BECAUSE OF THE AUTOMATIC MICROPHONE AUDIO GAIN. WE SET UP OUR MICROS TO GAIN AT PLUS 30DB IN WINDOWS (WHICH IS MAXIMUM) BUT IN TEAMS THE SOUND OF THE MIC IS MEDIOCRE. PLEASE ADD A SWITCH TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC GAIN AND MAKE A SLIDER TO ADJUST AUDIO GAIN MANUALLY FOR NEXT WEEK BECAUSE WE HAVE MORE HEARINGS LIKE THESE AND WE WANT TO HEAR WHAT OUR THIRD…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Need the ability for Presenters to Unmute all during a meeting.

We would like to be able to unmute all at times during a meeting.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Notifier

The notifier for teams on pc is woefully inadequate. When I am working and I have several windows open, my focus is not in Teams. Sometimes messages go unnoticed because the notifier is too tame. An instant message, by its nature, should need immediate attention. Please allow us to customize the notifier so that we can change the sound, increase the volume and change the focus.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create a favorites for meeting notes.

I use meeting notes for a reoccurring meeting to document my agenda through out the week. I've not found a way to go directly to the notes, but must join the meeting and access the notes from there. I want to create a favorite or pin the notes. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Position participants

We lost the option to choose the position of the icons of participants who have no webcam image. Now we can only choose on top or on the side. The option to show the icons at the bottom was more user-friendly, allowing a better view of the meeting.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add a pause recording button in Teams.

Hello, Please add a pause button to the recording feature. I need to pause when making How-To videos to reset the screen, take a break, etc. I am sharing these instructional videos with colleagues and team members.
    Thank you!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow creation of meetings for a Private Channel ONLY

Many folks in organization have private channels for management. From lower management executive private channels. We wish to create a video conference/meeting for a specific private channel only. Currently only Public Channels have this option. This is huge and I cant imagine others not needing this. We also hold specialized training for specific individuals who are part of a private group. We cant create these training sessions by simply sending meeting to specific private channel. Only work around is individually typing everyone’s name. We have over 35k employees. This seems like it would have been implemented from day one but…

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable Adobe Sign for DOD Teams

There has been a strong desire from senior members in the Coast Guard to have Adobe sign for Teams in the DOD. Right now to route pdfs in Teams is a very arduous process to download, open in adobe and sign, save then re-upload to Teams. I am curious if Microsoft plans to work on certification of this for the DOD tenant, thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Tag all in group chat

It would be great if you could tag everyone at once in a Teams group chat similar to how you can tag a Team or Channel in the posts part of a Team/Channel. Right now you have to go and tag each person individually in a group chat

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. GCC

As has been requested in the Public and School/University sites, the GCC platform needs to provide users the ability to specify their preferred pronouns as part of their profile. Those pronouns should show automatically with the user's name throughout the Teams application.

Lack of this ability is causing difficulty for our staff who do not use traditional she/he pronouns. This lack is also counter to several of our internal and state government-wide initiatives regarding diversity, inclusion and anti-racism.

It is 2021. It is well past time that this be integrated into this application, especially.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. GCCH Private Channels

Please release private channels for GCCH

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Would like the ability to turn off entering and exiting sounds during a meeting.

Entering and exiting notification sounds are extremely distracting during a meeting - especially when the meeting is configured to allow everyone to pass thru the lobby. We need the ability for presenters and organizers to mute all entering and exiting notification sounds when the meeting has begun and the ability for the organizer to set a meeting to not have entering and exiting audible notification sounds.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →