Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New customizable indicator like the the small circle that identifies your current status

With distributed working becoming the norm and the workforce using different modes and tools to communicate, it would be great for coworkers to know how individuals can communicate. This could be done by adding another indicator like the exiting status indicator (but maybe a square). The organization would develop the 'legend' for the different colours. E.g., I am someone in the OPS that is ready and able to have a fully enabled Teams meeting = purple, I use Teams, but I'm new at it = light purple, I am currently only landline telephone enabled = blue, etc. etc. Potentially this…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Walkie-talkie feature for GCC

With thousands active government users in law enforcement agencies (GCC) cloud the push-to-talk (PTT) functionality would be a powerful tool that would greatly enhance ability to accomplish tasks set for our frontline users. Please add push-to-talk (PTT) feature to GCC.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Foreflight plug in for military and civilian aviation

Foreflight plug in to allow aviators to have enhanced mission planning capabilities within Microsoft teams.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. البرنامج سي جدآ

عوده الدراسه افضل

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Microsoft Teams Delegation

For a meeting scheduled using Teams, it would be great to be able for my Manager to delegate the organizer role so that I am able to create meetings on their behalf and add the Microsoft teams when the team needs to meet via video etc. this link shows you can do this https://support.office.com/en-us/article/set-up-a-delegate-to-take-your-calls-75e8c522-dde0-45b3-8fd1-8341f19740f9 but we do not have that feature currently.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Pin frequent / favourite chats

I find my frequent individual chats are getting lost amongst daily teams meetings chats. Would be great to be able to pin favourites, or similar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple channels/accounts on desktop account

Add support for multiple accounts to desktop app. I use teams for multiple organizations and the only way to keep all accounts up is through a sandbox program. I should be able to tab back and forth like the mobile app.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add ability to promote attendee to presenter live in a MS Live Event for GCC

Please add ability to promote attendee to presenter live in a MS Live Event for GCC. Having a live attendee list visible to presenters and producers would also be helpful. Downloading a spreadsheet during an event is not ideal.

Thank you!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. GCC

Enable Planner to send an email via Outlook to owners when a due date is approaching for a task.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable Better Eye Contact, Move Video Ribbon to Top During Screen Sharing

When someone is screen sharing, videos of participants are move to a ribbon at the bottom of the screen. Most (though not all) webcams are positioned at the top of the screen.

Moving the ribbon to top of the screen would allow for the appearance of better eye contact. At least when people are not looking at the shared content.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. GCC: Configure Meeting options when scheduling meeting

Currently, you have to schedule a meeting and send out the invitations before you can configure the meeting options for Teams functions like "who can present". Beyond extra time required for meeting organizers to go back into meeting they just scheduled to configure it, this design prevents meetings created on a shared calendar from being edited at all, effectively blocking anyone from presenting.

Please enable the meeting options to be configured when you are adding attendees.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. reorder contact groups

I would appreciate the ability to be able to rearrange my contact groups, I do not like the alphabetical order that they are arranged in because I have certain groups that I need to be visible at all times and not at the bottom of the list.

And while we're at it, I would like these contact groups to stay collapsed if I have them set that way.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Overall dashboard for planner in teams

In teams it would be nice to have a consolidated roll up of planner events. If it showed just a percentage and the name of the planner group would be helpful.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Pop out chat/channels/meetings

Ability to segregate chat, channel, meeting and documents (especially when opening up doc).

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow "Website" App for SharePoint.com URL's in GCC

It was previously stated that it is difficult for Microsoft to add the "Website" app to Microsoft Teams in GCC due to concerns over compliance. If opening up to any URL is a concern or difficult item to address, how about allowing links to *.sharepoint.com? This would allow users in Teams to have a more integrated experience and allow use of applications that are coming from trusted sources.

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unmute

We need the ability to lock users from unmuting themselves when presenter mutes everyone.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow Shifts to be pinned to Team or Channel

Allow Shifts to be pinned to a Team or Channel so a team can easily see the shifts.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sequential order of "Raising of the hand" to follow non presenters in meetings

We currently represent a Government IT department (Provincial Parliament in South Africa). We are using Teams predominantly in our remote work scenario since Covid 19 took stage. We have had great success with introducing Teams as a vehicle to facilitate our Parliamentary Sittings and meetings for Members of Parliament and staff. It works very well but for a few feature issues:
    Raise your hand feature:

• Very good feature which predictably organizes the sequence of input from meetings.
    • Issue raised: For Attendees joining the meeting, there is no sequence of “raising the hand” to let the Chairperson know the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base