Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow administrators to block "call me" options in Teams meetings while allowing organizers to call attendees.

The 'call me' option for attendees in teams is costing a fortune in PTSN calls. Administrators need the ability to turn this option off, while still allowing meeting organizers to add dial out to phone users/numbers.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable share system audio for Team Live Event on GCC, so that we can share a video with audio.

The commercial cloud has this enabled already. You're able to share a video as content during a live event and include the system audio. However, GCC doesn't have this feature. Please enable this for GCC!!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a virtual, "I agree with this"

Similar to the new hand raising option, which is really helpful, how about a way to say I agree with the current speaker. It could either be something switched on and off or you can press the button to "send" an agreement. Almost a virtual, "hear hear" - so people don't have to come off mute to say they agree whennthey don't have anything else to add to the conversation.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Meeting Minutes for Chat

Now that we’re having more and more meetings in Teams Chat, we’re finding a great fringe benefit: We literally get minutes of those chats for free. We can cut down on having the same conversations multiple times with multiple people just by sharing those minutes. However, copying and pasting is currently finickity, so my idea is to add a feature to support this directly.

1. Click a button at the start of chat which says “Minute meeting.” When participants enter that chat, they see a banner which says “This meeting is being minuted and will be shared.” A second “Copy Minutes…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple channels/accounts on desktop account

Add support for multiple accounts to desktop app. I use teams for multiple organizations and the only way to keep all accounts up is through a sandbox program. I should be able to tab back and forth like the mobile app.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Open to the oldest unread message.

When there are multiple unread messages and you open Teams it goes to the most recent unread message, and then you have to scroll up to find the oldest unread message and start from there. That’s pretty dumb. Everyone is going to want to start with the first/oldest unread message. The app should open to that.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Switch calls between devices

A user should have the ability to start a call on one device and transfer the call the another device to continue the conversation without having to disconnect the call

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Enable Virtual Backgrounds

This feature is disabled on the Navy's CVR platform. You will have more folks use video if they can use this harmless feature to hide their personal spaces and lighten up their video feed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. MTR Teams - support second MTR camera (front & rear) for presenter / training spaces

On the Skype for Business MTR (SRS v2) there is the ability to connect 2 video cameras to the room system and users can toggle between the cameras during a call if required. (front and rear camera)
    This is a crucial capability for a number of business use cases such as presenting to a remote audience or training sessions to local and virtual participants.
    Please enable this feature on the Teams MTR and allow the selection of which should be default and allow renaming of the cameras (for a usable and differing name via settings features).
    We have gov clients…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Convert a team into a channel

If we didn't plan ahead, or if needs change, we should be able to convert a team into a channel then move it to another team. Rather than have Team A, B, C, and D, it would be nice to have Mgmt Team with Channels A, B, C, D. However, it seems once you've created the separate teams you are stuck with that structure.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Setting unique Notification & Ringtones for Teams (like you can for Contacts)

Exhausted "searching" efforts to set a unique Notification tone for Teams chat, calls, etc (in both phone & app settings). Want to set my tones for Teams like I can for contacts. I must leave Teams running, but at times it's critical for my sanity (and productivity) to differentiate between Teams and other notifications (many meetings).

NEEDED!...please help us :)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. potential ADA/508 violation: emoji animations lack the ability to be disabled, hidden, paused or stopped

In SfB there was an option to toggle off Emoji animations.

There is no such feature for the end-user in Teams, nor to stop/pause an emoji's animation cycle.

This is a potential accessibility violation, as per https://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG21/Understanding/pause-stop-hide.html

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve participant selection for video chat

Need everyone on my team listed so I can select who I want on the call, with a select all and deselect all option, and post-select all customization. Typing in each member after having already done that step to create a team is cumbersome.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When scheduling a reoccurring meeting, add a repeat frequency for every other week.

When scheduling a reoccurring meeting, add a repeat frequency for every other week.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Let Schedule Meeting invite entire team vs individual users

When scheduling meetings, add the ability to invite an entire team versus individual users. As of right now, you can only select what channel to meet in.

This does not allow for individual users to accept/decline/tentative the scheduled meeting and the scheduled meeting does not show up in individual user calendars.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Customisable Praise Badges

Picture this - you've been engaged in a fierce debate with a colleague via the chat function on teams for the last 3 hours, until finally, in one foul swoop, the parley ends. Your colleague - Jim - has completely annihilated any hope you had of moving up the chain of respect within your organisation. He is unbeatable. A genius stuck in a modern man's world. Touché, you mutter under your breath.
    Hands shaking, you reluctantly move the mouse toward the 'praise' icon in the bottom right hand corner. You review the options... Praise? Courage? ... Leadership? These hardly seem…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Status Dashboard for parity with non gov teams features

Various connectors (Forms, 3rd party app connectors, one note until recently) are missing from Teams in Gov.
    We know that Gov teams lags behind the non-gov version, but the lack of a roadmap or page which clearly provides a status of what is and is not working in gov is making user support difficult.
    Our users read official Microsoft Teams documentation, see no additional insight about gov tenants, and expect features to work (like @forms quick-polls in chat, integration thru 3rd party connector to on on-prem git, etc, etc)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve Sign Up/Sign Experience for New External Users

I had a bad Teams day trying to get external users into Teams from a client project team.

In terms of competitors, I think Basecamp is a good, clear and reliable user experience: 1) invite the user via email, 2) they verify and 3) they sign in. The email doesn't matter.

The Teams external user experience is very far removed - please make it a simpler and better experience - it is after all usually the first experience a new user has of Teams.

I always advocate either SharePoint of Teams on the projects I work on - but the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base