Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mic default to off

As mentioned in the non-gov Teams idea lists, the mic should default to off when people are joining a meeting. At the very least, make this a user option.

A related, nuanced option would be to give an admin control to pin certain people (presenter) to on, so that they are untouched by the "Mute All" button.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow the ability to have a confidential discussion during a public live event

We need the ability to switch to private mode for internal confidential discussion during a public Teams live event and then back to public mode. During the private discussion time, we should be able to have a message being displayed on the screen for example streaming will proceed soon.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams Calendar improvement

There are several improvements that require the use of outlook calendar to have Teams.
    1) change busy/free/out of office in the event in teams versus in outlook
    2) month view
    3) integration of channel events and calendar. Especially now that channel events can be scheduled. If an event is held in a channel the members of that channel (or private channel) should get a calendar invite.
    4) stop the repeated updates sent to email after a new attendee is adding to a meeting.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. GCC Support MS Live Events Q&A & Polling POST Event

Need GCC support for MS Teams Live Events to allow Q&A after the meeting has started. MS Teams Live Events could instead support POST Live Event Q&A and Polling or support a plug in from MS Forms.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Move the tool bar

Need the ability to move the Teams meeting tool bar to a different location. When a person is presenting, the tool bar hides a portion of the slides being shown.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Convert a team into a channel

If we didn't plan ahead, or if needs change, we should be able to convert a team into a channel then move it to another team. Rather than have Team A, B, C, and D, it would be nice to have Mgmt Team with Channels A, B, C, D. However, it seems once you've created the separate teams you are stuck with that structure.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Send To Lobby

Send To Lobby

Hi,
    I wonder if it's possible make an option to send someone to the lobby again.
    I'm using Teams to take some court hearing, and one can't hear what other is saying. Every time I need to remove the person, and ask to rejoin and wait again in the Lobby, but sometimes people doesn't understand and left the meeting... It's quite anoying.

Another option would be to put someone in hold.

Could you do this, please??

Thanks

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow muting channel conversations

This is a feature that exists in the commercial version.

Allow muting notifications for a conversation. If you've participated in a conversation, and it has a lot of activity, you get a notification for every post. I would like the ability to mute a conversation that I would normally get notifications for, temporarily. This shouldn't affect other conversations.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The ability to move individual participants in/out of lobby/breakout rooms

In hearings, we need the ability to move people in and out of lobby (and breakout rooms) individually without the option of them returning to the meeting without approval.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. CVR

Don't require a log in every day for messaging on the phone app. My people are not receiving info, and I'm about to use a different messaging app for group messaging.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow presenter to be in presenter mode and also view the list of participants

When I'm presenting and sharing my screen, I can't also see the participant list to know who's on, unmuted, etc. I would like to have the participant list open while presenting. Right now, I need to cut away from what I'm presenting to see the list... which interrupts the flow of my presentation.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a "raise hand" feature for phone users in meetings.

Meetings planned on Teams often have most people joining by video, but some also join by phone, whether out of personal preference or for reasons of accessibility. There is currently a hand-raise feature for video users, but no such option (that I've found) for phone users. Adding something like the teleconference classic "*6" would provide more equitable access to phone users in Teams meetings.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. change download folder

We need the ability to change or choose save to download folder instead of the default downloads folder for file download in Teams and Stream recording files.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Show team name when shared document link is clicked

When someone shares a document link to a Team file, there is no good way to know what Team the document is stored in. This context can be very important as a collaborative document is being worked on to properly understand the scope the document is intended for.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable participant to remove their own video from their screen while still being visible to others.

If you could toggle off the video screen showing while still keeping the video feed for others it would mean one more team member was visible to you. Many people find their own video disconcerting and distracting. If they could toggle it on and off it would actually enable more natural behaviour. An icon would be required to let them know they were still steaming with it toggled off.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. word cloud

Enable word clouds as a way to get input during meetings.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Designate presenters for TEAMS Channel meetings

TEAMS meetings within a channel does not appear to allow restricting the presenters to a smaller selection. Allowing participants to move through powerpoint slides is very helpful but allowing anyone to "take control" appears to be a particularly bad idea.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Disable email notifications for comments on Planner Tasks

I want an option to disable whole group email/notifications for new comments. You can't disable this and it is causing inbox spam.

Comments are not needed to be shared to the entire group, I don't see a reason why anyone would ever want this, especially when there can be multiple plans per group. If I want a single group for my department, we will want multiple plans to track all of our projects. Users want to be able to add comments to track changes and issues along the way, without email blasting everyone in the whole group.

It would be…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base