Teams for Government

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include Apple/iOS devices in the Mobile Office 365 pilot.

Currently, only Android devices are in the Mobile Office 365 pilot. The ability to utilize Teams on government issued mobile devices to include all government mobile phones and pads and those devices should be included in the Mobile Office 365 Pilot to address any issues.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The names printed on the screen for paritcpants is in white. Can we change the font color to another color?

When I am in a meeting and a participant is displaying their video, they show up and their name is on the lower left side of the screen. The font is small and the name is in white. Often with the backgrounds and or clothing the participant is wearing it is very hare to read the individuals name. I have a hard time with names so having the name unreadable makes it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. FreshService Bot and others - Increase Bots Available to Teams for Gov

I'd like to see more Bots available to Teams for Gov. We only have Planner right now 6-10-2020. I'd specifically like to see FreshBot from Freshservice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. encrypted voicemail to email

Not sure if this one is already available, but are voicemail that being sent to email be encrypted?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Missing critical feature

My team aatwork, in New York State government, is trying to use teams, for 24/7 communication needs, however there is no option to turn on sound, and we miss each other’s critical messages. Please add a sound feature to the mobile apps ASAP

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. GCC

Change the notification text that posts when a meeting attendee leaves an active meeting. Currently the following posts in chat viewable by all participants: "(Host name) has removed guest from meeting" leaving the impression that the host is actively kicking people out of the meeting. Recommend stating "(guest name) has left the meeting" or similar. The current notification is very problematic and disruptive in a high-tension meeting where the possibility does exist that the host may need to remove an uninvited guest from the meeting. If this is actually the case, the action should not viewable by all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Preview files when uploading

When uploading files into Teams from OneDrive, Teams shows the files available, but does not have any preview of them. If the files are not named properly, it is difficult to tell what will actually be sent into the chat. Being able to preview files and images before sending them would be helpful

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Structure UI for chrome/android app the same as the Windows Teams app. UI's across platforms is different and difficult to move between.

Structure UI for chrome/android app the same as the Windows Teams app. UI's across platforms is different and difficult to move between.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Document Set Content Type to SharePoint-Side of Teams - DOD

With the document set content type available career fields can create solution submission programs, CFETP training catalogs, and Package submission systems for their career field-specific Teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow guests to change nicknames

I like Microsoft teams but,
    Only teachers/Guards/Admin can change their nicknames.
    But it's just that teachers forgets who i am and who are the students, But it will be great if we can change nicknames, If someone has a bad nickname, Then atleast make a detector bot that detects bad nicknames.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Improved/automated management of uploaded media

File versioning should be automated. If I share "image.png" in a chat, and then share a different "image.png", I don't care what the name of the image is, so long as both distinct images appear in the chat history. At the moment, I get prompted to overwrite or save the "image.png" as "image (1).png", which is disruptive.

Moreover, choosing the "overwrite" option has in the past created situations in which I am looking at one version of an image on my screen and a coworker is looking at a different version of the image on his screen. This situation should…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow setting on phone to only use WiFi. Had work vc and forgot mobile data on. now have 85% of monthly quota used in 1x day...

Allow setting on phone to only use WiFi. Had work vc and forgot mobile data on. now have 85% of monthly quota used in 1x day. Why is there no feature banning using mobile data on Android?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow use of the default list view for sharepoint teams integration

When adding a SharePoint tab in a channel on teams, you can select a list. Great, except for the fact it doesn't use any of the views we have created, it just defaults to a standard view with only a portion of the applicable data fields. It would be great if Teams could use the default view set up for SharePoint lists.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mastersoft

Better refresh rate for the app. It does not show messages unless i open the app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. About the connection

There is always a ******* poor connection

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Permitir videoconferencias en canal privado de un equipo

Permitir que en un canal privado existan las videoconferencias.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Auto Start - Minimized

Please make teams start minimized or in the background when auto start in setting is enabled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Being informed of meeting, if you have not been sent the link

Teams to call you if certain team is meeting, as if attendees have been sent a link to log onto a call, some homeworkers will not have received the link (if unable to access work email calendar & not been able to forward the link to their own email). Many people have to access teams on their mobile as microphone/ voice/ video not working on laptop. In other words: if mobile would ring when certain team starts any activity, if it looks like attendees are same as in a certain ‘team’, even if the original link to join did not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base