Teams for Government

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable up to 500 attendees in Teams meetings

Skype rolled out testing on meeting attendees last year to increase from 250 to 500 attendees. The same needs to occur in Teams meetings. The difference between 250 attendees for Teams meetings and 10,000 Live Event attendees is too great.

155 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set preferences for captioning on in Teams

Enable captioning feature to be on when entering or starting a Teams meeting/call. This eliminates having to select the ellipses and turning on captions every time.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please make all policy/settings to be able to be applied to groups.

Some of the settings can be applied to groups, but some are only applied to users (at least through the gui). An example is the Team Apps Setup Policy. As new users are provisioned too many things have to manually applied. This would also apply to retention policies. We have multiple retention policies that are dependent on which OU you are in.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Release Power BI Tab for GCCH

Please release the Power BI Tab /app for GCCH. Power BI is currently fully available for GCCH, yet the Teams connector and available to add as tab is not available, and there is no mention of development on the roadmap or documentation.

Documentation lists this feature as "[...] not available in the environment and we don't have an estimated time frame for delivery."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-govus-overview

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add ability to archive or export private chats and team conversations in a local format such as Word Doc

Although you may highlight then copy a team conversation manually and paste into Word, there is much to be desired for archiving important conversations in a local format. If an agency has retention set to 3 days, you are out of luck on day 4 and the saved messages vanish. It is crucial for us to be able to archive chats and conversations with the growing reliance on teleworking and remote collaboration.

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Release Tasks app in Teams for GCCH (Microsoft To-do)

Please release the Teams Task that is available in commercial tenants. This replaces the current "Planner" tab that is visible in GCC High

Ideally this will sync with the release of Microsoft To Do for GCC High as well

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-the-tasks-app-in-teams-e32639f3-2e07-4b62-9a8c-fd706c12c070

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please roll out the Whiteboard feature

This will help us to innovate and collaborate in a vertical environment. We are forced to use applications such as Mural supplied by contractor instead of something inside our already existing platform.

In addition, when this access is rolled out it would be great to have a video to accompany it so that we can reduce the on boarding and adoption time to use this application.

The other ask is add the ability for the whiteboard to be converted to a pdf. That would be most helpful. Thanks.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Freeze Chats in Meetings

Please give meeting organizers the option to freeze meeting chats after the meeting is concluded. Owners can post a redirect back to an actual channel. Allowing meeting chats to linger on causes confusion and cannibalizes attention on channels.

138 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create a meeting in a new window

I'd like to have the funktion to create a meeting in its own window. I often begin to book a meeting and discover I need information from another place in Teams (for exemple a chat). Then I have to close the booking to get the information and my draft is deleted. And I have to start from the beginning with my booking.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 911 ringing

When our users are dialing 911, they don't get a ringtone. This causes them to get confused and hang-up thinking the call isn't going through. They resort to using their cellphones to call 911 each time this happens. Ringing should occur with every call no matter if it's emergency or non

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create meeting in meeting

To be able to divide the group into smaller meeting rooms for workshop purpose. Zoom can do this and it is a fantastic feature.

111 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Planner for private channel

Allow to use planner within private channel

52 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. GCCH Allow download of attendee list after meeting has ended

In GCCH, please allow download of attendee list / attendee roster / attendance reports after meeting has ended

It appears this is being coded for commercial under the following roadmap item
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?&filters=Microsoft%20Teams%2CIn%20development&searchterms=66459

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Live Annotation Tools

Having live annotation tools for Teams Meetings/Workshops where the attendees can give live input on the screen, similar to whiteboard capabilities. This would be helpful for keeping meetings and workshops interactive and brainstorming ideas.

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to archive and file Chat conversations

I would like to be able to archive chat into a place like Conversations in Outlook like Skype does.

In the case of Channel Chats, it would be good to be able to attach them to Meeting Notes or archive the chat conversations into a document library.

We deal with NEPA and contracting and would appreciate that capability.

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. We need there to be some sort of portal for live meetings so attendees can register for the events like other webinar software has.

Once you create a live meeting there is no way to know who plans to attend the event live. There is only the attendee engagement report once the meeting is over. I know that at my agency at the least, there is a requirement that they need to know who is coming to the event and what organization they work for. Without this feature we will never be able to utilize Teams for live events. We love every other aspect of Teams live events compared to other webinar software out there but those other software has registration portals. This is…

156 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow documents to be uploaded to a SharePoint document repository via teams

Although there already exists a way to upload documents to teams and have them go to a folder in an associated SharePoint, it will only go to a single default folder. Along with this, there already exists a way to link a SharePoint document repository to a Teams group. But there is not a way to directly upload a document to a specific folder in the SharePoint repository through Teams. (Below are some screenshots taken on the Android mobile app showing the default Teams file upload location, how we access the Teams document repository, and the currently available upload/add-to options…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Live Captions for GCCH

Hi,

We have some Team Members that are hard of hearing and use hearing aids. With our increased need to use Microsoft Teams for meetings, it would be very helpful to have Live Caption available for these Team Members.

I see the option to disable or disable with user override in the Admin Panel, however this option is not available in the Teams client.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-live-captions-in-a-teams-meeting-4be2d304-f675-4b57-8347-cbd000a21260

Thanks,
    Brandon

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add option for text-to-voice speaking aloud of chat messages

Add an option to have a specific chat message spoken aloud into the audio stream using a text-to-speech program. This could be from the chat sidebar, or from a separate entry. I am a deaf user, who makes great use of the Live Captions and Transcription feature, but this is currently one-way only and I have great difficulty participating in conversations. I usually have a co-worker voice my chat messages aloud, or schedule a relay interpreter with its own difficulties. Having the ability to voice for myself would give me improved involvement with teams meetings.

Aside from the use case…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Keep pinned posts visible in channel

When a post is pinned in a channel, keep that post visible at the bottom of the channel at all times.
    Pinned posts are used for important announcements and information, and hiding them in information pane of a channel does not allow for using them as an effective announcement. Pinned posts in a channel should be shown to all users immediately when they open the channel.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base