Teams for Government

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increase the number of videos during Team meetings from 4 to around 25.

Currently only 4 cameras are shown during a Teams meeting. We need to have up to 25 people showing instead of them rotating as they speak.
    Also we need to be able to mark at least 4 people as always showing if the number of attendees goes over the max limit, such as the suggested 25 viewers.

402 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. View or export a list of users who attended a meeting

Currently, there is no method of viewing a list of meeting attendees after a meeting has ended.

Meeting organizers should be able to view or export a list of attendees, including enter and exit times, duration, etc.

You are working on testing this for the public, it is also needed on the government accounts.

296 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. choose breakout

Create a breakout room option where attendees can choose which breakout room to go to, and a setting to allow participants to move in between breakout rooms.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve Breakout Room Funtionality

I work for a state agency and we utilize Teams to do training. When training, we have multiple trainers that train most sessions. It would be highly beneficial if any meeting member listed as a presenter could both create/send attendees into breakout rooms as well as having the capability of moving in and out of breakout rooms freely. The way it is currently set up, only the the Organizer has these abilities which only allows one trainer to monitor breakout rooms and assist participants.

Another potential workaround for this is having the organizer designate a proxy that can utilize that…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Meeting Attendance List - include email address (GCC)

Can you add an additional column to the attendance list export to include the email address of the attendee.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Live polling and survey capabilities.

We currently use MS Forms, but need the ability to post surveys live on the screen during a workshop and obtain answers immediately to show polling data/answers.

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable up to 500 attendees in Teams meetings

Skype rolled out testing on meeting attendees last year to increase from 250 to 500 attendees. The same needs to occur in Teams meetings. The difference between 250 attendees for Teams meetings and 10,000 Live Event attendees is too great.

146 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create a meeting in a new window

I'd like to have the funktion to create a meeting in its own window. I often begin to book a meeting and discover I need information from another place in Teams (for exemple a chat). Then I have to close the booking to get the information and my draft is deleted. And I have to start from the beginning with my booking.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Freeze Chats in Meetings

Please give meeting organizers the option to freeze meeting chats after the meeting is concluded. Owners can post a redirect back to an actual channel. Allowing meeting chats to linger on causes confusion and cannibalizes attention on channels.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. GCCH Allow download of attendee list after meeting has ended

In GCCH, please allow download of attendee list / attendee roster / attendance reports after meeting has ended

It appears this is being coded for commercial under the following roadmap item
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?&filters=Microsoft%20Teams%2CIn%20development&searchterms=66459

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create meeting in meeting

To be able to divide the group into smaller meeting rooms for workshop purpose. Zoom can do this and it is a fantastic feature.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. We need there to be some sort of portal for live meetings so attendees can register for the events like other webinar software has.

Once you create a live meeting there is no way to know who plans to attend the event live. There is only the attendee engagement report once the meeting is over. I know that at my agency at the least, there is a requirement that they need to know who is coming to the event and what organization they work for. Without this feature we will never be able to utilize Teams for live events. We love every other aspect of Teams live events compared to other webinar software out there but those other software has registration portals. This is…

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Live Captions for GCCH

Hi,

We have some Team Members that are hard of hearing and use hearing aids. With our increased need to use Microsoft Teams for meetings, it would be very helpful to have Live Caption available for these Team Members.

I see the option to disable or disable with user override in the Admin Panel, however this option is not available in the Teams client.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-live-captions-in-a-teams-meeting-4be2d304-f675-4b57-8347-cbd000a21260

Thanks,
    Brandon

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Spotlight - ability to spotlight multiple particpants

We need a way to allow Teams meeting organizer to spotlight multiple users. During virtual proceedings, there is a need to keep the judge's video and whomever is speaking at that time on the screen. There is also a need to be able to hard mute all attendants and only allow them to speak when it is appropriate.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Live Annotation Tools

Having live annotation tools for Teams Meetings/Workshops where the attendees can give live input on the screen, similar to whiteboard capabilities. This would be helpful for keeping meetings and workshops interactive and brainstorming ideas.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow for presenter to see chat and hand raised

In Teams meetings, the presenter cannot monitor the chat box or the hands raised, which makes presenting really clunky. Inevitably someone needs to monitor the chat box and interrupt the presenter rather than allowing the presenter to handle it when they want.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Meeting Options - add ability to disable chat for specific meetings

With the release of hard mute in meeting options, there are many public meetings we are using Live Events for that could truly be handled with a Teams meeting with hard mute. During public meetings, the public can view/listen to the meeting, but cannot speak or have unsolicited comments be seen by all. Having the ability to mute attendees solves part of the problem, but now we need the ability to disable chat for specific meetings so we can use this solution since it solves many complications we have with live events and external presenters.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Meetings - screen sharing - switching screens/apps

When sharing a screen and changing from sharing an app to a screen, or an app to an app, or a screen to an app, you shouldn't have to end the sharing session to change so that the transition is less jarring.

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add a virtual, "I agree with this"

Similar to the new hand raising option, which is really helpful, how about a way to say I agree with the current speaker. It could either be something switched on and off or you can press the button to "send" an agreement. Almost a virtual, "hear hear" - so people don't have to come off mute to say they agree whennthey don't have anything else to add to the conversation.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Permission based meeting recordings for Legal/Lawyers and their staff

I work in the Legal/Enforcement Division of a state government. I am stunned that Teams does not have permission based recording that is controlled by the meeting creator.
    During a Teams meeting I had a laptop fail during a confidential meeting with attorneys, and I had to rejoin that meeting using the Teams App on my phone and when it launched somehow it began recording the meeting. I cannot emphasize enough the issues this creates. Immediate issues: A) I did not know I had started recording the meeting B) I had no idea how to stop the recording, and C)…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base