Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gcc

انا طالب لا يمكنني حذف رقمي من التيمز .. اريد ان احذفه

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide admin alert & audit report when Team owner changes Team name, since SharePoint URL and email must be changed manually to match

We need an admin alert for Team for when a Team owner changes the Team name, since that requires the admin to manually change the associated SharePoint URL and the Teams email address.

It should also be logged in the reports (Teams admin and/or unified audit log), in case an admin misses an alert.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Call Queue Timers

When programming Call Queues it would be great if the timer for Maximum Wait time under Call Time out Handling was not so static. For example the Agent ring time is a sliding scale but for the time out timer you only have 4 static options 0, 15, 30 and 45 seconds. As someone who is from the Telephony side of things I can tell you that a standard ring timer is between 17 and 20 seconds. 15 is too short and 30 is too long. If it was a sliding scale like other timers in Teams then I would…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Najgorsza aplikacja

Dziadostwo tem teams wgl nie intuicyjny nic do tego 2 godziny musiałem to ustawiać dziadostwo kanalia i nic więcej. Nie polecam

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make a patch available in SCCM to update teams (GCC)

Our agency has 3000 clients and currently we have over 400 versions of teams out in the wild. I would like for a way to use the patching in SCCM to update the clients that the normal update process fails on. Currently I have powershell scripts and I need to remember to download the newest copy just to try to maintain this environment. There has to be a non manual way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add time-of-day maintenance window to Teams phone auto-update settings

Microsoft added the ability to set Teams phones to auto-update. The options are currently:
    1. Update immediately
    2. Defer 30 days
    3. Defer 90 days

It would be great if an admin could select one of the above AND define what time-of-day the updates will apply as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Post a list of Microsoft MS Teams Apps published by Microsoft

Please publish a GCC specific list of MS Teams Apps. Please specify which apps are published by Microsoft.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Learn that Program Files is for Programs and appdata is for Malware

This current trend of trying to install things to appdata should never be encouraged by Microsoft. It doesn't hold any merit apart from trying to bypass security and make admin lives miserable. STOP IT the clue is in the name "Program Files"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to stream Teams users' activity logs to Azure Log Analytics workspace

When we rolled out Teams and some of the users experienced issues. There is no easy way for IT admins to analyse these situations. It would be very useful to be able to stream the Teams users' activity logs to an Azure Log Analytics workspace so we can generate reports such as:
    1. list of attendees to a meeting
    2. How they signed in to Teams clients ( by cross checking their AAD signinlogs )
    3. For governance and compliance purposes, generate list of activity records for a given user or users.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need to make it easier to add multiple phone numbers for 2 factor authentication

Need to make it easier to add multiple phone numbers for 2 factor authentication. Cell phone and work phone because many people are teleworking from home but don’t have a cell phone on file so it calls their work number to authenticate, Or vise versa. Should be bake or go into user profile and update multiple authentication numbers

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to Restrict Users from changing HR Approved User Profile Photos.

We are required to Manage the User Presence with in all applications through out the agency including O365. Teams seems to have ignored the administrator settings and allow the user to change their photo. this is a no go and opens the user to administrative actions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Start listen to the Users!

Why do you ask if I like Teams and then want me comtribute when you dont listen or take action on any suggestion on Uservoice? To be honest, Team is not ready to be live. There are some major UX/UI fixes and bugs that needs to be done and Im quite sure you know what I mean. Otherwise I hope you shut down Teams so my Company can buy an user centered software instead.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It should be possible for an administrator to deselect all apps that store information outside Office 365

It should be possible to allow only apps that store information in the Office 365 cloud (deselect all others)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We would like to utilize a managed implementation for 'Teams'. We would like the 'Teams' icon to remain in the 'all my apps' UNTIL selected

We would like to utilize a managed implementation for 'Teams'. We would like the 'Teams' icon to remain in the 'all my apps' location UNTIL we select to have it placed in the app launcher.

Because the Teams icon has been automatically placed in the app launcher; we will unfortunately need to remove everyone's Teams license under there O365 license until we get sign off . This is very disappointing.
    Microsoft REALLY needs to get a better handle on how the icons are placed in the app launcher.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable MS TEAMS for Govt E3

We would like to enable MS TEAMS for govt e3 plan

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)