Teams for Government

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add ability to promote attendee to presenter live in a MS Live Event for GCC

Please add ability to promote attendee to presenter live in a MS Live Event for GCC. Having a live attendee list visible to presenters and producers would also be helpful. Downloading a spreadsheet during an event is not ideal.

Thank you!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow administrators to block "call me" options in Teams meetings while allowing organizers to call attendees.

The 'call me' option for attendees in teams is costing a fortune in PTSN calls. Administrators need the ability to turn this option off, while still allowing meeting organizers to add dial out to phone users/numbers.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a meeting in a new window

I'd like to have the funktion to create a meeting in its own window. I often begin to book a meeting and discover I need information from another place in Teams (for exemple a chat). Then I have to close the booking to get the information and my draft is deleted. And I have to start from the beginning with my booking.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Sequential order of "Raising of the hand" to follow non presenters in meetings

We currently represent a Government IT department (Provincial Parliament in South Africa). We are using Teams predominantly in our remote work scenario since Covid 19 took stage. We have had great success with introducing Teams as a vehicle to facilitate our Parliamentary Sittings and meetings for Members of Parliament and staff. It works very well but for a few feature issues:
    Raise your hand feature:

• Very good feature which predictably organizes the sequence of input from meetings.
    • Issue raised: For Attendees joining the meeting, there is no sequence of “raising the hand” to let the Chairperson know the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable Virtual Backgrounds

This feature is disabled on the Navy's CVR platform. You will have more folks use video if they can use this harmless feature to hide their personal spaces and lighten up their video feed.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show all participants on the screen

I would like to be able to see all meeting participants on my screen, rather than just the 3 who have most recently spoken.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can there a way we can set up an announcement/beep when people join Teams meetings?

Can there a way we can set up an announcement/beep when people join Teams meetings?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow transcription-gcc-bot to be hidden in meetings

Why does the transcription-gcc-bot take up valuable real estate during a Teams meeting? Please enable a way to hide the bot so more human participants can be seen.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mute a participant only for me

If several participants from an office take part in the same conference on their own laptops, problems always arise, as there is always very annoying feedback and echoes. Is it not possible to set the program so that I can mute a participant just for me? If you mute this participant, he is also muted for all other participants. Then a conference in the same room with several team members would be possible. This means that one person always has to sit alone in the office.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Prevent members join to the meeting earlier then the schedule time

Prevent members join to the meeting earlier then the schedule time, and prevent from joining previous meeting which was concluded day ago

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. More students to access calls and chats than 20

Can you lift the numbers for class groups to 30?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. EMERGENCY! VOICE AUTOMATIC AUDIO GAIN IS TOO LOW AND IT'S AFFECTING OUR GOVT CALLS! PLEASE ADD A SLIDER AND LET US DISABLE AUTOMATIC GAIN!

HELLO,

THIS IS MR DANNY ON BEHALF OF THE GOVT OF NEW YORK. WE HAVE BEEN MAKING MEETINGS FOR OUR VIRTUAL HEARINGS AND WE WERE NOT ABLE TO HEAR MR.JACK AND ZUCKERBERG CORRECTLY BECAUSE OF THE AUTOMATIC MICROPHONE AUDIO GAIN. WE SET UP OUR MICROS TO GAIN AT PLUS 30DB IN WINDOWS (WHICH IS MAXIMUM) BUT IN TEAMS THE SOUND OF THE MIC IS MEDIOCRE. PLEASE ADD A SWITCH TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC GAIN AND MAKE A SLIDER TO ADJUST AUDIO GAIN MANUALLY FOR NEXT WEEK BECAUSE WE HAVE MORE HEARINGS LIKE THESE AND WE WANT TO HEAR WHAT OUR THIRD…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Joining external meetings

The join button should connect to the meeting and not have to use the in event link.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a way to record attendance

Need to add a way to document attendance.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Live Event Support and Training Videos

The support and training that I have been able to find for Live Event is sparse. Please create an in-depth Live Event best practices, what to expect as the various roles of organizer, presenter, or attendee. Guidance on switching from presenter to presenter. How to conduct a public meeting using other equipment such as cameras and outside audio.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve participant selection for video chat

Need everyone on my team listed so I can select who I want on the call, with a select all and deselect all option, and post-select all customization. Typing in each member after having already done that step to create a team is cumbersome.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Give control to All during Shared Presentation

During my pdf or web shared link presentation...I want to enable All my students to be able to share control during presentation. Now we have to enable only one person at a time.

If it’s possible to have a feature to Enable All, so simultaneously students can work collaboratively to solve an online exercise.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Permission based meeting recordings for Legal/Lawyers and their staff

I work in the Legal/Enforcement Division of a state government. I am stunned that Teams does not have permission based recording that is controlled by the meeting creator.
    During a Teams meeting I had a laptop fail during a confidential meeting with attorneys, and I had to rejoin that meeting using the Teams App on my phone and when it launched somehow it began recording the meeting. I cannot emphasize enough the issues this creates. Immediate issues: A) I did not know I had started recording the meeting B) I had no idea how to stop the recording, and C)…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. GCCH Allow download of attendee list after meeting has ended

In GCCH, please allow download of attendee list / attendee roster / attendance reports after meeting has ended

It appears this is being coded for commercial under the following roadmap item
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/roadmap?&filters=Microsoft%20Teams%2CIn%20development&searchterms=66459

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Edit display name functionality

For virtual hearings, or other online meetings with external users there is a need to maintain privacy and at times a need for the meeting organizer to edit participants display name during a meeting.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base