Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. notification

So you know how you can turn on the notification "all activity" for a channel in a team. It would be nice to be able to turn on and off "all activity notification" for one whole team that is separate from other team. Not notifications for the whole app.

Example : Click on the 3 dots beside the team name ( drop down menu - manage team, add channel, add member etc..) not general and have an option that states "turn on all notification" in that drop down menu that way you don't have to it individually for each channel.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a different alert for reactions to comments. I would prefer to only be alerted if there is a new comment.

In the toolbar I get alerts for new comments and also reactions to comments. If I am involved in several conversations, I only want alerts for new comments. Maybe create a different colored button or only alerted in Activity tab if there is a comment reaction.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow call queue members to see call queue call history including missed calls from Teams client

Please add a feature so that members of a call queue can look at the call queue history, including missed calls, from within the Teams desktop client.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reliable Notifications!

Notifications with an audible “ding” only occur approximately 50% of the time. This is extremely frustrating and has already lead to mistakes in our office and we a considering abandoning our use of Teams and just communicating via text as we did before. Pleas fix this!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. reminder

Setup the option to create automated reminders such as
    "meeting in 30 minutes"
    "Timecards are due at 2pm"

Etc.

Slack and other tools have a /remind command for this.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Audio alert for chat is too soft to be heard in office environment.

I need to communicate with my staff from Courtroom, but audio alert for chat messages is so soft they often do not hear it, especially if they are a few feet away at the copier or file cabinet. If we turn our speaker up to compensate, other audio blows us away. Please add volume control for alert, going up to VERY LOUD!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Setting unique Notification & Ringtones for Teams (like you can for Contacts)

Exhausted "searching" efforts to set a unique Notification tone for Teams chat, calls, etc (in both phone & app settings). Want to set my tones for Teams like I can for contacts. I must leave Teams running, but at times it's critical for my sanity (and productivity) to differentiate between Teams and other notifications (many meetings).

NEEDED!...please help us :)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. An automatic tracking of sign in and out of the office

I know that Shifts and tracking of sign in/out via smartphone is there but most Govt. employees don't have Govt. phones to track. If just tracking the time someone logs into their computer/teams would auto-populate a sign-in/out file or timesheet, that would be great. Right now, this is a manual process and with so many working from home now, the manual process doesn't work very well.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Missing critical feature

My team aatwork, in New York State government, is trying to use teams, for 24/7 communication needs, however there is no option to turn on sound, and we miss each other’s critical messages. Please add a sound feature to the mobile apps ASAP

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Notifications

Please fix your notifications!! My soldiers are not receiving notifications when messages in chat... also need to add a notification for when an individual is assigned a task in the planner!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. set voicemail

We as admins are being asked to set an users out of office message or change a user who is out of the office for one reason or another to set a message. If it an automated voice that is fine by me.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Call waiting options whilst on a call

Whilst on a call, we get incoming calls that are distracting. Option to have the second call, pop up on the screen without sound, and be able to send an automatic text "on a call" or send the call to voicemail.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add the 'Reactions' into the quick reply box that appears when the Banner pops up to alert you of a new message.

As the little banner pops up on the bottom right hand corner alerting me of a new message, it helpful adds a text box, so I can do a 'quick reply'. It would be useful if the reactions were added here, so I could do a really quick acknowledgement type of reply, instead of having to reply on typing text.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. notifications from individual chats or teams

I know overall notifications are in the account area, but I would like to modify notifications for individual chats or teams; if I do an overall setting I miss items in the popup flurries in any of the chats or teams and the pop ups stop mouse in its tracks and when i look in "activity" sometimes it doesn't show where activity came from and then I have to scroll through "Recent" .. or at least can chat or team with recent chatter (activity) to the top of the "Recent" list..? Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow admins to create a banner in Teams to display to all users

We need to message all users that their information in Unclassified and that files should be stored outside of Teams as it is not secure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base