Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cvr.mil

It would be great to have another choice for verification other than cell phone for those of us that work in vaulted areas in buildings with thick walls. By the time I pull my CAC card, exit the vault, get my phone from locked storage, walk around 100 meters to where I can start to get reception, By the time I can get back to the desk with a code, 95% of the time it has timed out. It would be great to have an email as a back up to the cellphone text.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Layout on Desktop App

1. The layout of the desktop app is terrible. There is tons of unused empty space. On top of that, things are needlessly busy and contain too much oddly formatted information. This may be in part due to the naming scheme the gov't uses, but an option should exist to create and view nicknames.

Because of this, there really isn't an option to minimize teams to a small area on your monitor. You need it maximized to be usable, but it clearly doesn't actually require that much space to be functional.

There should also be a way to minimize it to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. cvr

Dont make me reauthenticate my credentials 3-4 times a week.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable more custom "view" options such as condensed view for Chat history

There are few options in MS Teams, and that includes customizing the way the app displays on the desktop screen. I would like to be able to drag various windows to resize displays, change back and forth from "expanded" view to "condensed" view in the Chat window, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow Search of Help FAQ in the Teams App

Please add a Search function to the Teams Help button. The Browse / FAQ format assumes you know what will be asked. Please add the ability for customers to search help topics from either the main Search Bar or give the ability to search within the Help/FAQ Section.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please make the slider bars wider

Please make the sliders wider. I routinely- unexpectedly -rearrange pinned chat lines in the main chat zone; when in meeting unable to move quickly up and down the chat; and moving up and down a page in a Team/ channel requires an effort to snag the thin line with the mouse. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Correct OSX Interface Inconsistencies

OSX has user interface standards, please use them like you do for other applications. Specifically your notifications really have to be made part of the OSX standard notifications system. Same on Win10 actually. Other O365 Office apps already do this.

Second, put the settings in the "Preferences" section under the app menu like the OSX standard requires. You can leave it in the image as well, but OSX users look for settings in the Preferences menu below the Application "Named" menu (first one after the system Apple menu to the right).

The notifications thing is just awful both on OSX…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Warning Prompt before closing Microsoft TEAMS.

Please enable a warning prompt before closing Microsoft TEAMS. I keep clicking on the 'x' in the upper, right corner to close a window thinking that it will close the file or page I'm currently looking at within Microsoft TEAMS. It is actually the close application button and immediately closes Microsoft TEAMS entirely! There is no warning prompt that comes up that asks 'Do you want to exit the program?'. I have to keep logging in and logging in and logging in, because I am naturally attuned to closing a page within the application using the 'x'. Please enable a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please stop making me log in every. single. day.

Please stop making me log in every. single. day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. DOD

Teams mobile app needs to allow you to seamlessly switch between chat view and most recently viewed Team conversation as in the desktop app.

It's an unnecessary annoyance to have to select the team conversation you want again every time you switch from Chat back to Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. DOD

Applies to Android Teams app.

Chat view needs a way to view and select your contacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Multiple tabs open at once

Currently switching between multiple chats, calendar, teams & teams files, but can only view 1 at a time & have to find other files each time. Would be ideal to have many tabs open at once to easy compare files, go back to frequently used pages, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The attached image is too small when forwarding a team post to Outlook.

Hi.

The attached image is too small when forwarding a team post to Outlook.
    I would like to request an improvement so that I can see the attached image bigger.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The attached image is too small when forwarding a team post to Outlook.

Hi.

The attached image is too small when forwarding a team post to Outlook.
    I would like to request an improvement so that I can see the attached image bigger.

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The Army CVR Login Process Has An Annoyance

The policy for our cloud has been changed so that the user is logged out after 18 hours. This effectively means that every single day a user has to log in and they are logged out probably while they are sleeping getting ready for the next day. The 6 hours of inactivity is long enough for the CSRF tokens to expire, and I repeatedly forget that when I'm prompted to log back in at the start of my day, I'm going to type my secure 16+ character password and then have to type it again because "sorry, your session has…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. GDPR Regulations and Right to Be Forgotten Correct Implementation

Users cannot delete call history.
    If a Right to be forgotten was enforced we would be unable to wipe the User from our call log, there by breaching GDPR.

This needs to be corrected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. DOT

Please make an option to only show contacts that are online and with out all the chat history showing. Often I just want to look to see if an individual is online I don't need to fill my screen with all the other items. Really just give us an option similar to the skype window. It was small and only showed contacts. If we need to use more options in teams we can expand it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hello! We use

Love the pop-out windows options!

But possible to consider making the TEAMS pop-out windows dimensions more adjustable/resizeable - or perhaps introduce a more compact view?

With multiple chats sometimes running, each pop-out window takes a substantial real estate on the screen (which can't be sized to small view) and it would be fantastic to be able to size it smaller or some other smart way other than stacking windows on top of other windows.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. DOD

Kudos to opening a meeting in a new window, but the UI in the upper right corner is very inefficient. Meetings are filled with "Sorry, I was searching for the 'Mute' button." Return the UI to bottom center.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base