Teams for Government

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can I make "share audio" permanent/default when sharing my screen? - in GCC

Would love to have the ability to make the share audio (On) when sharing my screen - Permanent.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Can you please maki it less lagy on a computer. By upgrading the servers

I would like for you to make a less lagy application by upgrading your hardware or software

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change password

How can teacher change the password for personal profile. So no one can change configuration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stop requiring an access code every time I log out

I work in an area where I can’t have my phone next to me. So every day I try to login I have to run outside get my phone go to the front of the building because there’s no signal get the access code run back to my desk and type it in it’s very annoying and it makes me not want to use teams at all

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable cross Team tagging to share information.

My current Team is the 'alpha' team, this is where I do the bulk of my work.

However, I'm also a member of the 'bravo' team where I'm also heavily involved.

For the most part, there is no need for the alpha and bravo team to collaborate or share files etc.

However! On occasion there is the need for me to share what has been posted on the opposite Team.

Hey @alpha, have you seen this cool info that @bravo have posted up?

Currently MS Teams are very, very heavily siloed; it's equally right and appropriate to be a member…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. color for pop out chats

Multiple pop out chats become confusing sameness on the desktop. Can one recolor the top bar or background, or even a square or other shape on the top near the chat name to separate and highlight conversations and can the team chat/contact area allow color squares to match the pop out chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Org-Wide Configuration of Teams Lists Gallery Templates.

When a user creates a new List in Teams, they are presented with a gallery of list templates. Not all templates are appropriate for the organization, so customization (eg: add/remove) would be ideal.

For example: in healthcare, users are presented with Patients List template, but hospital policy does not allow for its use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams

Be able to start a video meeting chat via my phone/app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stay signed in

I use the teams chat for an important group and I am constantly signed out of teams. I rely on a lot of these notifications for my job and aprproving risk assements. When I have been signed out I don't get any notifications. Make it an option to stay signed in! And make more than one option to verify your account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export Team contents

I use Teams to manage projects. Please provide functionality to export the entire contents of a Team (i.e. posts, chats, uploaded files, Planner board) so it can be archived once a project is complete.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support blocking presence from included or excluded list of users within the same tenant and/or federated tenant.

DoD needs the block presence capability IAW UCR and as worded currently in Teams: i.e. "When you block someone, they can't call you from a one-on-one chat, @mention you in a one-on-one chat, or see your presence." This is not supported in DoD or GCC as stated in the application.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Website Tab in Channels

Please create a Website tab at the top of Channels, just like there is for Files. This would allow a drop down list of added links to commonly used websites for the group. Currently, each website is added as a separate tab and since my group uses many websites for reference frequently it just clutters up the tabs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams Rooms for GCCH

Please add the ability to use Microsoft Teams Rooms devices with Microsoft 365 GCC High. We have several of the Logitech Tap with Intel NUC setups that we were using in Commercial Cloud that are no longer functional after migrating to GCC High over the weekend. We were going to roll out more of these next year to make video conferencing simple and easy for our users.

Is there any possibility of this functionality coming in the next 6 months?

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/microsoft-rooms

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. City of Houston

Please add for government accounts the ability to pin a specific participant to the center block in a 9 screen setup and to one block out of the center three rows in a 49 participant setup. For governments the public needs to see the Mayor at all times and not far left or far right. Extremely important for governmental entities that use TEAMS in a broadcasting setup to a TV channel and streaming to social media platforms.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. teams

no es bueno que teams cambie mi esado automaticamente, siempre esta sapeando si estoy inactivo, yo deberia poder decir como me muestro, o si quiero que sepan que estoy inactivo.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. va

Why in the world would someone create a product called TEAMS and not allow you to create a meeting in the future of the entire team without being able to just select the team? If you have a team of more than 3 or 4, it becomes ridiculous.

All I want to do is be able to schedule a meeting within TEAMS or a Channel and have it then notify everyone in my team of the appt just like in Outlook.They can then accept or not. And they should be notified when it is scheduled, not when the meeting begins.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. NASA JSC: TEAMS Security question by user

Is it safe to post complete IP addresses in a group. LAN group of engineers talking about various IP problems.
    Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base