Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Permitir o apagamento de mensagens.

Apagar mensagens permite controlar o fluxo de mensagem lidas, deixando apenas as importantes. Num grupo o fluxo de mensagens é intenso. Fica difícil saber onde paramos a leitura.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. GCC

Give the ability of the team/channel owner to remove the general chat from a channel and set an app in its place. If you have a channel called daily reports of a MS Form, you don't want users to dig for that form, just go to that channel and the form is the first thing they see. There are so many use cases for this.

GCC
    GCC High

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. @mention specific list item in GCC chat or channel post.

It would be great if a team member could @mention a specific list item in the context of the channel posts or a chat message. This would better integrate Lists with the rest of teams in a similar manner to how one can reference a document or a person.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable cross Team tagging to share information.

My current Team is the 'alpha' team, this is where I do the bulk of my work.

However, I'm also a member of the 'bravo' team where I'm also heavily involved.

For the most part, there is no need for the alpha and bravo team to collaborate or share files etc.

However! On occasion there is the need for me to share what has been posted on the opposite Team.

Hey @alpha, have you seen this cool info that @bravo have posted up?

Currently MS Teams are very, very heavily siloed; it's equally right and appropriate to be a member…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stay signed in

I use the teams chat for an important group and I am constantly signed out of teams. I rely on a lot of these notifications for my job and aprproving risk assements. When I have been signed out I don't get any notifications. Make it an option to stay signed in! And make more than one option to verify your account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support blocking presence from included or excluded list of users within the same tenant and/or federated tenant.

DoD needs the block presence capability IAW UCR and as worded currently in Teams: i.e. "When you block someone, they can't call you from a one-on-one chat, @mention you in a one-on-one chat, or see your presence." This is not supported in DoD or GCC as stated in the application.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. GCC Teams Web Connector

So, we need to be able to allow the creation of the "Web Connector" like we do in the commercial application. That is, if we select a channel and say we wan to make a web connector, we should be able to do so. And then call that web connector with an active card and have it show up in the channel. This is how it works in the commercial deployment and we just want the same thing. If there is AAA that you need to do for GCC/DOD ... fine ... then just let us know what we need…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Recovery of deleted teams

An accidentally deleted team cannot be recovered because the team is not generated between Outlook Office365 groups.

Does an Office365 Outlookgroup correspond to a team created within Teams?
    Now it seems not.
    thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Rol "administrador"

Starting with Microsoft Teams it happened to me that I added several Owners and one of them deleted the team and I could not restore it.

An administrator "Role" is required to prevent another owner from deleting the Team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. login company warning acceptance window for hipaa during microsof teams signin

warning window for the user to accept wen they log in each time into the teams app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Minimized popup

When in a teams meeting and you minimize teams. It would be great to have the same popup as Skype for business does. Allowing to unmute and hang up and recover meeting fast.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. groups as folders to not have as many TEAMS in view

Good evening, I am a group administrator, I wanted to know if there will be the possibility of grouping groups into higher ranking groups such as folders so as not to have as many TEAMS in sight

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams don’t work on my Fedora/Linux machine, it’s says access restricted on all the versions that I have installed

Teams don’t work well on Linux platforms specially my team is having Debian, fedora

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow channels to be formatted as chats rather than conversations.

allow team channels to be configured as "linear" or "conversation" mode, where "linear" mode is similar to a chat type experience where messages are sequential rather than being "form posts+reply" style.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prevent Team Owner from renaming Team

Our Teams are currently created by the Teams admins.
    Their names are carefully chosen.
    The Team Owner should NOT be able to change the Team from the name the Teams Admin has set, especially in Government tenants.

In the mean time, the Teams admin in government tenants should have an alert/report that shows when Teams have been renamed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New posts in teams mobile

In teams, Chat on mobile shows the number of new or unread posts, but it doesn't tell me which ones they are. I have 3 new items, but can't figure out where they are. I have about 12 that are bold, some of those are old meetings , not sure why they are still bold. I can't filter to just show the 3 new ones either. How do I find the new ones?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Resigning in every 18 hours

Resigning in the morning delays response time and communication effectiveness if I need to ensure everyone gets a message early in the morning teams is not the app I use

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Wiki Search

Information within the Wiki feature of Teams does not appear to be searchable.

Wiki is a great tool and I love it, however, we have stopped using it because it is so difficult to find things when you get a lot of content.

Please include Wiki pages in Teams search.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make the caption show more than 2 lines at a time

Make the caption show more than 2 lines at a time so if the user looks away for a few seconds he is not lost.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base