Teams for Government

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. login company warning acceptance window for hipaa during microsof teams signin

warning window for the user to accept wen they log in each time into the teams app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Minimized popup

When in a teams meeting and you minimize teams. It would be great to have the same popup as Skype for business does. Allowing to unmute and hang up and recover meeting fast.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. groups as folders to not have as many TEAMS in view

Good evening, I am a group administrator, I wanted to know if there will be the possibility of grouping groups into higher ranking groups such as folders so as not to have as many TEAMS in sight

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams don’t work on my Fedora/Linux machine, it’s says access restricted on all the versions that I have installed

Teams don’t work well on Linux platforms specially my team is having Debian, fedora

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. teams

no es bueno que teams cambie mi esado automaticamente, siempre esta sapeando si estoy inactivo, yo deberia poder decir como me muestro, o si quiero que sepan que estoy inactivo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. va

Why in the world would someone create a product called TEAMS and not allow you to create a meeting in the future of the entire team without being able to just select the team? If you have a team of more than 3 or 4, it becomes ridiculous.

All I want to do is be able to schedule a meeting within TEAMS or a Channel and have it then notify everyone in my team of the appt just like in Outlook.They can then accept or not. And they should be notified when it is scheduled, not when the meeting begins.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. NASA JSC: TEAMS Security question by user

Is it safe to post complete IP addresses in a group. LAN group of engineers talking about various IP problems.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Missing Government Tenant Features

We (GCC, GCC High, DOD) need a central place to go where we can see all the GA features not currently released to us and their status. The roadmap is useful but not for items not on it such as Tags, channel email, pinning channels, whiteboard... that have been in GA for months but are not on the roadmap. It would be very helpful to know (generally) as an administrator why they are not available and if they are being considered or not for future release.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. CVR - List - Add a field to List that allows users to create checklists within each list, like the checklist feature in Planner

CVR - List - Add a field to List that allows users to create checklists within each list, like the checklist feature in Planner. Currently you can add a numbered, or bullet list, but not a checklist where you can check off sub-tasks as you complete the list action.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. GCC

Would like to see channels on Teams have a pop out feature. Some users have asked if they can have a channel pop out as a new window to reference documents or other material as needed without leaving their primary channels that are being worked on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Start in the background for Mac

Hi,

The Microsoft Teams on Mac does not have the start in the background feature

Thanks,
    Jassim

www.emiratesangels.org

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Don't skimp on the abilities of each app

I created an excel sheet in my desktop app, then I upload it to TEAms so everyone can collaborate on it. The only thing is, Teams does not support all the capabailites of excel so my workbook gets messed up. Why?

that's my question- why? why even make teams if doesn't talk to desktop apps correctly? why even make online apps if they don't offer the same features as the desktop apps? Just why?

For my processes- it takes up my time to start aproject in the online app only to realize that what I need is only available in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add Document Set Content Type to SharePoint-Side of Teams - DOD

With the document set content type available career fields can create solution submission programs, CFETP training catalogs, and Package submission systems for their career field-specific Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make cvr teams work on NIPR

Doesn't work for me on NIPR

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove recordings from teams to diffrent easy accessible place only for recording.

Also let the user decide the video quality of recordings so that they can access these on poor internet connection. (It won't load on poor internet connection)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Get rid of rapists in GIFs

When you search, "Jello," in GIF's, there's an option featuring Bill Cosby. I get the connection but really? Let's stop giving that convicted serial ****** any platform, please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow setting on phone to only use WiFi. Had work vc and forgot mobile data on. now have 85% of monthly quota used in 1x day...

Allow setting on phone to only use WiFi. Had work vc and forgot mobile data on. now have 85% of monthly quota used in 1x day. Why is there no feature banning using mobile data on Android?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Link accounts

It would be great if you logged into dod.teams it would like your cvr and personnel accounts I to one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base