Microsoft Teams free

Thank you for visiting the suggestion box site for Microsoft Teams free.  We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning.  While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions.

Here’s how to get your voice heard regarding new features and/or quality issues you are experiencing:

1 – SUBMIT a new idea

2 – VOTE for an existing idea (this will also subscribe you to status updates on that idea)

3 – COMMENT on the thread for an existing idea   

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams free!  We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback!

1. Stop auto reinstalling Teams

I don't want to use teams and after uninstalling it and restarting the pc the software reinstalls by itself. I only created an account to be able to disable the auto start. THIS SHOULDN'T BE AN ISSUE. It's the most stupid business decisions I've seen in the last few years. I should choose the apps I want to be installed in my pc. It makes me so mad I'm even considering switching back to Ubuntu just for the lack of respect Microsoft is showing with this practice.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams will not connect when connected via Nord VNP

I use Nord VPN to secure my internet activity on wifi networks and while I am connected I am unable to use Teams. I get an error that "something went wrong" and am unable to connect. Other apps have no issue connecting to the internet.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Copy-paste a Wiki to different channels.

It would be helpful if we can copy a Wike to different channels inside teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Wrong username (user id instead of name)

By some reason some users in the chat window have completely crazy usernames like 8:orgid:f1fff3a8..., it's impossible to mention them or understand who is that user. While in participants list of the chat all names are correct.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. deleted members reappear in teams

when i delete a member from a team and log back in the deleted member reappears as a member of that team. please help

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Already have an Office-365 solution running on my units but Teams request me to download Office-365 all over again...

Already have an Office-365 solution running on my units but Teams request me to download Office-365 all over again to start using the app and get going...

So no integration with existing setup and possibilities to establish separate Teams for various purposes? I need one for my regular job and then for my activities on side.

All should be connected through two various emails under the same main outlook account. BUT I don't need two installations of Office-365, and neither should I have to.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Pricing plan suggests Channel Meetings however I see no way to create a meeting?

See no way to create a meeting in the free plan. Calendar says "sorry, we couldn't get your meeting details" and I see no create icon for a meeting?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams User in other countries cannot join our Created Teams

Users outside of the country where the Teams instance is located receive an error message when trying to join. They are told that the 'Admin' needs to enable access. There is no function to enable access and the reference material keeps referring to "Global Admin" I created the Team, so I should be global admin?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Integración con Youtrack

Estimados,

Al igual que otras aplicaciones de Administración de Proyectos como Trello o Jira, nos gustaría que existiera integración con Youtrack (Issue tracker - Project Management Tool https://www.jetbrains.com/youtrack/).

Anteriormente, contábamos con esa integración en Slack, sistema que dejamos de utilizar por Teams.

Las notificaciones directas, serían de gran ayuda para la gestión del día a día.

Esperamos lo consideren,
    Gracias.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. FIKS DITTA FITTKUK LAGRESYSTEME DOKKA

DE LAGRA SEJ ALDRI OG EG VERT KASTA UT AV TEAMS HEILE TIDA

BRENN I HELVETE

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 'Notifications' needs some MAJOR work!

I and my various Teams use a combination of Windows 10 Desktops and Laptops, Android phones, Apple Phones, and Apple Laptops.

Major problem: the 'Notifications' side of this App are hopeless!

We've ALL tried EVERYTHING to get Notifications to show up on our devices, all to no avail. We don't share an office and are mobile, so we are 'flying blind'. When someone uploads a file, etc., no one knows about it!

For a 'Collaboration' App to actually work AGAINST collaboration...that's a MAJOR problem!

We keep thinking/hoping that you'll fix it, but every update so far hasn't. We will give…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Desktop software: Saved Messages access.

Ideally, the desktop software allows configuring in the left column direct access to the Saved Messages. Currently it is only possible to access it in a quite convoluted way, through the profile picture.
    Ideal sería que el software de escritorio permita configurar en la columna de la izquierda un acceso directo a los Mensajes Guardados. Actualmente solo es posible acceder a ello de manera bastante alambicada, a través de la fotografía de perfil

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. keep the chats

MY CHATS KEEP ON DISAPPEARING AND LAGGING,MY CHAT WON T WORK MAKE IT MORE UNLAGGY ITS SO ANNOYING SO PLEASE FIX THESE ISSUES.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Improve the trial / onboarding (please)

I have a personal @outlook accnt. I want to try teams for biz related projects / work. So I used my work email and tried to trials teams. I kept getting a message about "get your admin to add teams." Huh? It's just me AND I am the admin.

Very confusing and I must have wasted at least an hour (i.e., different browsers, etc.)

Also, once I did figure out that I would be able to use my (persona) @outlook I invited myself using the @work email and have yet to get that invite.

We're wanting to use teams with…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Be able to enter names when inviting members

When I first created the Team, there was a window to invite members with blanks for emails and corresponding names. However, now that the Team is created, when I invite new members I only can enter their emails (and their names default to whatever happens to be left of the "@"). I notice there's already an idea to fix that (by being able to rename members), but I'd like to be able to set it right from the beginning.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the Mojis from Skype

I'm missing the Mojis from Skype, especially the Minions. Would it be possible to bring them back into Teams?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It keeps on starting up everytime I start my laptop

When i start my laptop, the app will automatically start up

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. where is the Airtable connector that Slack has?

I should be able to connect o an AirTable database to retrieve and share data and also to get updates about changes to tables.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Teams free

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base