Microsoft Teams free

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams Free. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

1. Allow users of Teams to test their webcam and microphone before a meeting

The desktop Teams app opens to a blank page for a new user. No opportunity to check a webcam has connected or a microphone is working with the app. Why not? Even a meeting like the "Skype call testing service" which I must have called at least 100 times in my career (so far).

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams room system - change camera

We have rooms with Logitech Tap (Teams Room System) and we have 2 usb cams, but there is no way to change camera during a meeting.

I know it’s possible with the Windows complete app, but I didn’t see anything in Teams Room System.

Maybe I missed something, but it could be cool to have this feature. Especially with larger room where only 1 camera is not enough.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Avoid multiple divice login in same time to meeting

Hi,

MS Teams allows using multiple devices with the same account to joining to the same meeting simultaneously by default. This feature called 'Having Companion Device in the Meeting'. Is there any way to block this? So that it allowed only one device of a user with a particular account to join the meeting.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Choice to view the video thumbnails of participants above the Shared Content instead of having them fixed to the bottom.

It would be great if when a user is sharing their screen during a video call, the list of participants and their small video feeds were shown above the shared content rather than below it. Many times people are looking at themselves or other participants when speaking, and it looks to others like their eyes are closed. By moving the user's own image and the images of others to the top of the screen, above the shared content, there's a better likelihood that users will be looking upwards towards the camera rather than down.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Mute and kick identification feature.

There must be a feature in Skype to identify the person who un nesseserily kicks or mutes the participants to create trouble in conversation.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. improve how to append guests to a meeting and revoke a malicious guest from the meeting

I want to use Teams meeting for a community, which is consists of almost trusted, but unspecified members.
    And so I want to revoke some malicious members if necessary.

I exec the following steps:

1. The meeting organizer X makes a new meeting and appends a guest user Y (by mail address).
    2. Y receives the URL of the meeting and go to the lobby.
    3. Y can make a name freely and join the meeting.
    4. X permits Y by checking the above name.
    5. Y interrupted the meeting, so X revokes Y.
    6. Y clicks the same URL again, and Y can join immediately.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Export/Import wiki pages

Hello,

It will be really useful to export (and import) a wiki created in the MS Team wiki tab.

The export could be in HTML, Markdown or plain text format.

Mike

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Merge chat & team threads

It would be great for there to be a way to merge multiple chats/conversations when it's only necessary to have one single chat. It would greatly help with decluttering chats as well as keeping the history and thread so that important documents and information aren't lost (important and necessary feature).

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Important Notification to Webhook Connectors

When writing a message in Microsoft Teams, a user can click the exclamation point icon in compose mode to mark the message as important (alternately done through control-shift-i). This flags the message as important in the team channel, as well as give the channel an alert icon of a red exclamation point. Looking through the actionable message card documentation, I cannot find any mention of this functionality. It would be nice to have to option to flag a webhook as an important message.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide option to edit the Privacy type of channel from Standard to Private or vice versa;

If we are allowed to edit the type of privacy, if by mistake privacy is wrongly selected we can edit else we have to delete the entire channel to re-create which is rework.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Channel Calender in a private channel

It would be nice if we can create an channel calender in a private channel. It would be perfect for our training system. We have one Team vor Traiining
    - One Channel fror Trainers (for organize documents)
    - On Channel per Training (with guests)

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Delete chats

There needs to be an easy (easier?) way to delete a chat or messages with in a chat. Having the whole thread is clunky.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Making everyone attendees by default when joining a meeting

Because, we are having e-learning and some students keeps on disturbing the class, either by muting others or the teacher, kicking the attendence out of the meeting and spamming the mute everyone. it is really tedious to make veryone attendees , one by one. Please implement this feature. Make the organizer have this feature.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. sharing screen is for one window only and if we need to change to another window we have to unshare then share, suggest for multiple screens

sharing screen is for one window only and if we need to change to another window we have to unshare then share, suggest for multiple screens

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. "Test your equipment before you join..." function for attendees

When joining a Teams meeting via invite URL, it should be possible for attendees to "Test the Audio/Video capabilities of your device before joining the conference...". That could be a link to a test room, or some test scenarios, or some diagnostic software which checks out if camera, microphone and speaker are working correctly for this meeting. That tool or link might even check out the issues if the attendee cannot install Teams, perhaps due to missing permissions...

Thus, it would be great if there was some kind of test link or capabilities check. And perhaps with hints on what…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Shifts Sync with Outlook Calender

Intergration of Microsoft Shifts with the Outlook Calender.

Similar to how Teams Meetings sync into the outlook calender

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bring back full screen mode

The new version of TEAMS pops out a new window but loses full-screen mode. This is a HORRIBLE miss. Bring it back!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add feature to initiate a meeting call on Android App version.

I see on Android Microsoft Teams Free, I don't see option to start a video meeting on the app, they only have an option to join meeting call, but not start a meeting call.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow non-teams users to join Live Events as presenter

Currently we have many live events happening, where a large portion of the audience is external to our company. While we can setup the Live Event as a public meeting, we cannot designate one of those external people to be a presenter.

Currently you seem to require people to sign up as either a company, or a school, to use teams free, so they can be presenters, meanwhile all your competitors allow very easy guest configurations where they simply enter their name in a text field, no signup required, only the email address needs to match.

I am doing all…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow to upload a FOLDER instead file-by-file

The bad things that I discovered is I cannot upload a folder (whole file) instead to the channel.

I need to upload file-by-file and create a folder and move it to desire folder which take times.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Teams free

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base