Microsoft Teams free

Thank you for visiting the suggestion box site for Microsoft Teams free.  We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning.  While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions.

Here’s how to get your voice heard regarding new features and/or quality issues you are experiencing:

1 – SUBMIT a new idea

2 – VOTE for an existing idea (this will also subscribe you to status updates on that idea)

3 – COMMENT on the thread for an existing idea   

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams free!  We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback!

1. Allow users of Teams to test their webcam and microphone before a meeting

The desktop Teams app opens to a blank page for a new user. No opportunity to check a webcam has connected or a microphone is working with the app. Why not? Even a meeting like the "Skype call testing service" which I must have called at least 100 times in my career (so far).

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for dual screens when screen sharing

I've got two screens side-by-side on my desktop. If I have a video call going and decide to share my other screen, currently the video call gets automatically minimized even though I shared content on my other screen. It would be nice if it could detect that situation and leave the video window up.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export/Import wiki pages

Hello,

It will be really useful to export (and import) a wiki created in the MS Team wiki tab.

The export could be in HTML, Markdown or plain text format.

Mike

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. External tenant notification

Implementation of a function that enables notification of external tenants who participate as guest users.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shifts Sync with Outlook Calender

Intergration of Microsoft Shifts with the Outlook Calender.

Similar to how Teams Meetings sync into the outlook calender

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add feature to initiate a meeting call on Android App version.

I see on Android Microsoft Teams Free, I don't see option to start a video meeting on the app, they only have an option to join meeting call, but not start a meeting call.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delete chats

There needs to be an easy (easier?) way to delete a chat or messages with in a chat. Having the whole thread is clunky.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow non-teams users to join Live Events as presenter

Currently we have many live events happening, where a large portion of the audience is external to our company. While we can setup the Live Event as a public meeting, we cannot designate one of those external people to be a presenter.

Currently you seem to require people to sign up as either a company, or a school, to use teams free, so they can be presenters, meanwhile all your competitors allow very easy guest configurations where they simply enter their name in a text field, no signup required, only the email address needs to match.

I am doing all…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. sharing screen is for one window only and if we need to change to another window we have to unshare then share, suggest for multiple screens

sharing screen is for one window only and if we need to change to another window we have to unshare then share, suggest for multiple screens

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Important Notification to Webhook Connectors

When writing a message in Microsoft Teams, a user can click the exclamation point icon in compose mode to mark the message as important (alternately done through control-shift-i). This flags the message as important in the team channel, as well as give the channel an alert icon of a red exclamation point. Looking through the actionable message card documentation, I cannot find any mention of this functionality. It would be nice to have to option to flag a webhook as an important message.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pause Recording in TEAMS

Please enable the PAUSE Button when recording in TEAMS. It is only natural for Longer Meetings to have breaks and pauses and it is important to have a Pause Button. All other applications like Webex and others have that. You are MICROSOFT ! Come on you guys :) You are the Leader

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Making everyone attendees by default when joining a meeting

Because, we are having e-learning and some students keeps on disturbing the class, either by muting others or the teacher, kicking the attendence out of the meeting and spamming the mute everyone. it is really tedious to make veryone attendees , one by one. Please implement this feature. Make the organizer have this feature.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Choice to view the video thumbnails of participants above the Shared Content instead of having them fixed to the bottom.

It would be great if when a user is sharing their screen during a video call, the list of participants and their small video feeds were shown above the shared content rather than below it. Many times people are looking at themselves or other participants when speaking, and it looks to others like their eyes are closed. By moving the user's own image and the images of others to the top of the screen, above the shared content, there's a better likelihood that users will be looking upwards towards the camera rather than down.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide option to edit the Privacy type of channel from Standard to Private or vice versa;

If we are allowed to edit the type of privacy, if by mistake privacy is wrongly selected we can edit else we have to delete the entire channel to re-create which is rework.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow to upload a FOLDER instead file-by-file

The bad things that I discovered is I cannot upload a folder (whole file) instead to the channel.

I need to upload file-by-file and create a folder and move it to desire folder which take times.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Cannot find Planner and Forms in the free tier Teams - even for purchase

I've used Teams in a paid environment, and today set one up for a non-profit, using the free tier at least initially.

I quite like the Planner and Forms tabs, and am hoping to be able to use them. They don't show up in the Tabs selection (+). Also, they aren't available in the Store.

These extensions are in my opinion very cool, and it's a pity that evaluators of the free version won't even get to be aware of their existence.

What to do?

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Delete Org on Teams Free Version

The following site states you should contact Microsoft Support via Phone to delete the Teams Free org:
    https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/delete-your-teams-free-organization-2c28cfcf-3fbf-497c-938f-8815a8f6a6b9

However, neither the Commercial Support Team, Office Consumer Team, and Office Business Team know how to do this, based on phone conversations with them. It'd be better if you could do this on some portal or at least gave those teams clear instructions on how to achieve this.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it possible: reply to messages in chat rooms. Very relevant!

Make it possible: reply to messages in chat rooms.
    Tritely need a thing that is implemented in all instant messengers and social networks.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve overall Performance (Loading Users, Tabs)

Seems that everytime I change to a new tab or channel it has to reload users or the content of the tab and gives a very "slow" feel of the user experience

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Assign across two class teans to different channels

Primary school - we need to assign tasks to two class teams in a year group but to different subject channels and not just the general channel.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Microsoft Teams free

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base