Microsoft Teams free

Thank you for visiting the suggestion box site for Microsoft Teams free.  We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning.  While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions.

Here’s how to get your voice heard regarding new features and/or quality issues you are experiencing:

1 – SUBMIT a new idea

2 – VOTE for an existing idea (this will also subscribe you to status updates on that idea)

3 – COMMENT on the thread for an existing idea   

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams free!  We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback!

1. chat messages expanded not collapsed

I get frustrated seeing messages in the chat windows that are collapsed by default because it's an extra step I need to take in order to read the message. I'm finding it difficult enough to get my committee members to embrace Teams and it's little things like this that can make a difference.

Can we have the ability to choose whether unread messages are shown in full, or collapsed please?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Español

Me encanta todo, pero no entiendo mucha información pues no entiendo mucho inglés, tienen la pagina en español?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. move popup notification for meeting chat

why does the notification window (popup) for meeting chat block my view of the reply box (and the most recent messages)? quite annoying?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. participants list at the end of the meeting

After a meeting ends, the list of all members attened should be mentioned with their full names, and if there is an option to email the topic of the meeting, time and duration of meeting, would be very helpful for offical documentation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Office 365 Home vs. Office 365 Business

Reduce confusion in the marketplace regarding Office 365 Home vs. Office 365 Business Edition. NOT offering full feature and local email addresses for Microsoft Teams in the Office 365 Home Edition is a bad idea. As an IT professional of many years, I will not recommend Microsoft Teams to my customers until it becomes much easier and available to use with Office 365 Home edition. Microsoft Corp is so confused of what is actually happening on the ground in small town America, I can't even purchase & setup an Business Edition Account because my email does not use an Exchange…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. After Interviewing, prevent a guest from rejoining the meeting

To have the ability to prevent people from rejoining if invited as an interview candidate:
    1. Send invite as a meeting but if an interview candidate to specify a time to attend.
    2. Once the interview ends the meeting organiser can disable the rejoin function that automatically appears for guests

This will prevent candidates from rejoining the meeting and interrupting the next interview, it will also prevent breach of confidentiality issues.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Get it to be more user-friendly

The reason why Zoom is so much more popular is because of it's user-friendliness. (I do want to support MS) But, I can't even figure how to start a meeting in MS Teams!
    You advise/instructions on Office.Support doesn't tally with what I find on screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow users to see who muted them

A sign telling you who muted you. Would really help in my classes since students are just abusing the mute button and teachers don't know how to change permissions

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need to block users. I am getting spam.

Need to be able to block users. I am getting spam.

And it is too easy for naive users to accept spam links and thus get into trouble.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Saving items, and opening the Saved items list, should be much easier!

I use the Save feature to label messages that I need to follow up on later, like a to-do list. I don't see any other way to do this. It is a very important feature to me.
    But the feature is way too hidden! Saving a message requires clicking on the (...) menu first. There should be a button to directly save which appears on hover for each message. Maybe just add it next to the silly emojis!
    And why is the Saved messages list so hidden and in such a nonsense location (inside the user icon menu)?? Saved messages…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Recherche fichier

Ne pas prendre en compte les accents etc...
    Exemples pour rechercher abréviations et taper abrevi il ne trouve rien dans fichiers

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Handsfree button mute

Android handsfree usually has only 1 button. During call this button function is to end call. Please change it to mute/unmute

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bubble button mute

Like Facebook chat you can make a floating circle or button. This would be useful to quickly mute or unmute

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. change language

not everyone will use the default language of the system, could you please provide a choice for languages as desktop version does?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Displaying the id of person who removes people from meeting

Show the name/id of person who is removing the other ones from while in meeting. As people are doing it just for fun.This is being a nuisance for so many people. If they are unjustly removed they can always complain to a higher authority against a specific person instead of everyone

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove borders, make smaller texts, call thru channels.

The text boxes for messages are huge and huge text. Looks like im working in Windows 1995 environment. Suggest to remove text borders and also provide a clean ability to make text cleaner and smaller. There are only a few settings to change text size, not enough! Why do i have to go to call area and call the same number of people instead of calling my channel directly? Provide ability to call the channel directly, make it efficient. Dont make us do extra work and frustrate that dont wanna use this chat in out company. When i use teams…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams Files folder with all links to outside (SharePoint) files and folders in it

enable adding a folder to Teams Files and put all the links to the old SharePoint files there

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ipad 4 with Microsoft Teams

Can you make ipad 4 compatibel with microsoft Teams?? Because we have now school with teams and we have only ipad 4... please..

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Delete

Delete permantly Titles of Teams and channels

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)