Virtual Office Rooms
- Akin to physical office spaces, It would be ideal if we have a virtual office room feature that houses 2 or more team members.
- As soon as the member is online they are enrolled in their assigned room. similar to what they'd do when they go to the office.
- In the office room, we can start an ad hoc conversation just as quickly as speaking into the mic. it's broadcasted to the members of the room.
- Other members can see that I am in my room, they can choose to "knock to enter" the room and to ask a question to a person or the entire room.
- If a new visitor or two people within the room would like to have a longer conversation then they could go to a breakout room and discuss.
Reason for this:
- Conversations were more fluid and quicker when we were sitting in a physical room.
- People tend to book 30 min meetings to talk about issues that could be answered quickly just by knocking on the door and asking it to the room and whoever is available could provide an answer.
- Keeps people in a team closer to each other as opposed to being alone most of the time. In real life, workers are not secluded as virtual work has it.
- Put less emphasis on unnecessary meetings and provides a virtual channel for more ideas and solutions to flow.